Author Thread: Have you ever been so ashamed...
Admin

Have you ever been so ashamed...
Posted : 27 May, 2011 07:24 PM

Have you ever been so ashamed of your fellow Christians, that you start to cringe a little when you admit to being a Christian?

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2011 08:50 PM

Yep. Sure have.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2011 03:42 PM

Nice to know I'm not the only one!!

I'm just sick of how I see Christians treating people... I'd say more, but I'm trying to not get myself all riled up again!

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2011 07:10 PM

Dont get to riled up or you might become one of those Christians you're ashamed of!

:ROFL:

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 May, 2011 10:24 PM

:excited:

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2011 11:01 AM

Even worse for me, Pixy! I have been so ashamed and full of sorrow when MY sinful behavior has been revealed to me, and I have to address how I may have caused someone to stumble. It is then that I am allowed to experience the humility necessary for me to grow and to receive the Grace I am offered by those who love me. (NOT always a pretty sight.)

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2011 04:07 PM

yes, lately more than usual.

Also, I am ashamed of things that come out of my mouth. The people at work arent saved and I eat lunch with them daily. Also, they are all men...sometimes I catch myself saying something AFTER it has left my lips and whats worse is that I usually reminded by them by saying "that wasnt very christian-like" it's really embarassing and I say "your right, I shouldnt have said that"

sheesh!

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2011 08:08 PM

What me a Christian? Ha, you should know better than to ask me that!!

Thunder

Dorksterman

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2011 01:26 PM

In my late teens, the behavior I saw exhibited from other Christians actually made me question everything I knew up to that point and I actually went God-less for about two years.

Long story short, I had to realize that just because those people allegedly represent God doesn't mean they are doing it well. And yes, we are all capable of making similar mistakes, but these were people I didn't feel were even really trying. They just had it all figured out for themselves and everyone else could...go to hell lol.

I eventually found my way back to God from scratch, better than I was before, and with a new determination to strive to be a better representative for God. Just goes to show you how God can use nearly any situation for the purposes of good. It amazes me!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 04:00 AM

One of the things that I particularly detest is on discussion boards, or on places like YouTube where Islam is being talked about (debated is too dignified a word to describe what's going down).

So-called-Christians will frequently use highly inflammatory, abusive, and racist language, etc.

I think Islam - and indeed other world views - can be discussed and challenged, even robustly challenged - without resorting to insults and the language of the gutter.

Lastly - I just want to say that the consequences of inflaming religious passion, can be devastating for Christian minorities in Muslim majority nations.

:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2011 12:41 PM

Guess what everyone:

You can pick your,job,friends,even where you want to live,

BUT YOU ARE STUCK WITH YOUR FAMILY.

Welcome to the BODY OF YESHUA FOLKS.

Mr.Meanie to some

To others Mr.Merciful

Shaloml