Author Thread: Fake Profiles
Admin

Fake Profiles
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 11:17 AM

Hi All,

Wondering if people are having problems with scammers/fake profiles?

I'm able to spot them by the syntax they use.

In other words,they don't speak like Americans.

They really irritate me ! :angeldevil:

Thanks for allowing me to vent.:waving:

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 12:46 PM

I have been approached by a few of them, but I can usually spot them as well. They just seem fake. I always report the message and every time I've done that, sure enough, it won't be long until I see they are banned. The scammers aren't as smart as they think they are! LOL

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 04:20 PM

I know if your gonna scam (and I don't condone scamming) at least be clever about it. I find the insult to my intelligence worse than the scamming.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 04:26 PM

Hey, at least some of the scammers read my profile, unlike some of the other people on here!!! I recently got a very nice message from someone in another country; he essentially went through my profile and told me how he also likes such-and-such, how much he wants a wife who has my identical goals, etc. Bah humbug. Of course, then he gave me his own "personal email" so that I could contact him because he just knows we are going to be great friends and he loves me so much.

At least...I THINK that's what he said. The English was so broken it was a little difficult to tell.

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 07:14 PM

Yes, they are irritating, and yes we all get them. CDFF is pretty good about kicking them off even before I can report them, thank God. I have found that if I happen to log in early in the morning or late at night, if I change my account settings so someone can't see that I'm logged in, it wil cut WAY down on the number of scam messages I get. Does not eliminate them, but it does cut them down.

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 4 Jun, 2011 03:30 PM

I would hope I don't speak like an American too! Not that there's anything wrong with American-English (seems to work well enough for millions of you), but it's only one dialect...

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 5 Jun, 2011 01:38 AM

I think the answer for that is just prayers while chatting.If they are scammers.God has its own way to show you.they cant hide forever in their mask.

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 10:38 AM

Yes its apart of the dating profile unfortunately, u get some that are not real or fake or spam. I have been fairly good at being able to meet real people ect, it seems. But fakes and spammers are there.

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 9 Jun, 2011 10:31 PM

Scammers cant be there for very long.believe me.they come and go.no matter how many they are.we are Christians.and if victimized by the scammer,God will open your eyes.believe me.the scammer's wont succeed.even if they are Asian or American.GOD WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL!!!:peace:

joesgeo

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 01:00 PM

I think there's some on here that are fake spambots, too.

Maybe if they had to pass a Turing test.

View Profile
History
Fake Profiles
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 05:23 PM

I don�t know what a spambot is; but people have told me some of the members here have more than one profile with different pictures, different info,etc. One person keeps mentioning a man who was posing as a woman (or view versa ).:excited: We all just need to be careful.

Page : 1 2