Author Thread: Was he a creep or am I overreacting?
Admin

Was he a creep or am I overreacting?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 06:02 AM

So i met someone on a dating site, talked online for 5 months but i decided he was too weird/creepy.

Anyway, he said some things, mostly about kids that set alarm bells off in my head. I don't know if he was intending for it to come over as pervy or not. An example of the things he said... we were talking about disney films, and he said he had always dreamt of having a little daughter running around in a Tinkerbell dress, and he hopes one day that comes true. He then said, "as Disney would say, always believe in your dreams."

Another time, he said he hopes he has a daughter with long hair and asked me if my hair was long because he liked long hair.

He said when he was looking after kids at the daycare at church," When I take the boys (normally 10 of them) to the toilet half way through the morning it is always a hectic experience lol, trying to get that many boys to wash their hands is virtually impossible lol".

He said he thought it was really nice that someone he knew (adult) still jumped into bed with his parents to open his stocking on christmas morning and he hopes that he will be that close with his kids and they do that when they are of similar age.

He also wanted a photo of me to put in his wallet after we had only been talking for a week or two. He even saved my picture on facebook onto his phone background without even asking.

He also said: for some reason the boys all like to bundle me when we sit down for story time lol

and two of them like to hug me every 2 minutes lol ( he volunteers in a daycare/creche at church). one Sunday one little boy came and sat on my lap

while we had a video on, after a few minutes he turned around and out of the blue said 'I really like you' it was so cute lol

Do you have any pictures you could load up of you when you were little, or just younger than you are now so I can see what our children may be like. I will try and find some of me as well."

and this

"I can't wait to finally meet up with you! I keep looking at your pictures and think how pretty you are but I'm sure they don't do you justice, particularly the latest ones, as they are quite dark. It would be great if you had one that wasn't as dark so I could print it off and put in my wallet! How recent is your fourth picture, the one of you in the green top and black jacket?"

So am i overreacting or was i right in thinking he was a weirdo? What do you make of all of this?

power_man

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2011 11:23 AM

run run ru fast and try to ever c him again

twaldo82

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 07:54 AM

Most of the comments you have quoted seem to be reasonable on their own. But when they are all coming from one person it begins to tell a story. The comment where he asked you send a childhood photo of yourself is the one I don't like. Again, when tying it into all of the other comments.

I feel an alarm bell go off in my head.

Tom (47male)

ednut

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2012 05:03 AM

You don't feel the same way like him. Thats just the simple observation. So maybe you are not his type and his not your type, or you both dont seem to connect. You might find another guy more attractive and connected to.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2012 11:31 AM

yeah it doesn't add up so i would be careful

Page : 1 2