Author Thread: Was he a creep or am I overreacting?
Admin

Was he a creep or am I overreacting?
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 06:02 AM

So i met someone on a dating site, talked online for 5 months but i decided he was too weird/creepy.

Anyway, he said some things, mostly about kids that set alarm bells off in my head. I don't know if he was intending for it to come over as pervy or not. An example of the things he said... we were talking about disney films, and he said he had always dreamt of having a little daughter running around in a Tinkerbell dress, and he hopes one day that comes true. He then said, "as Disney would say, always believe in your dreams."

Another time, he said he hopes he has a daughter with long hair and asked me if my hair was long because he liked long hair.

He said when he was looking after kids at the daycare at church," When I take the boys (normally 10 of them) to the toilet half way through the morning it is always a hectic experience lol, trying to get that many boys to wash their hands is virtually impossible lol".

He said he thought it was really nice that someone he knew (adult) still jumped into bed with his parents to open his stocking on christmas morning and he hopes that he will be that close with his kids and they do that when they are of similar age.

He also wanted a photo of me to put in his wallet after we had only been talking for a week or two. He even saved my picture on facebook onto his phone background without even asking.

He also said: for some reason the boys all like to bundle me when we sit down for story time lol

and two of them like to hug me every 2 minutes lol ( he volunteers in a daycare/creche at church). one Sunday one little boy came and sat on my lap

while we had a video on, after a few minutes he turned around and out of the blue said 'I really like you' it was so cute lol

Do you have any pictures you could load up of you when you were little, or just younger than you are now so I can see what our children may be like. I will try and find some of me as well."

and this

"I can't wait to finally meet up with you! I keep looking at your pictures and think how pretty you are but I'm sure they don't do you justice, particularly the latest ones, as they are quite dark. It would be great if you had one that wasn't as dark so I could print it off and put in my wallet! How recent is your fourth picture, the one of you in the green top and black jacket?"

So am i overreacting or was i right in thinking he was a weirdo? What do you make of all of this?

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2011 08:44 AM

It's hard to tell sometimes if you are overreacting to something that someone (that you haven't actually met in person) has said. There's nothing wrong with liking kids, and hoping to have kids...in fact, if a guy didn't want kids, I'd lose interest really fast. BUT, it does sound like he might obsess over kids just a little too much. Again, it's hard to tell.

In this case, you are probably safest to go with your instincts.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2011 07:15 AM

Hmmm.,

In my opinion, his behavior is suspect, "red flag raised".

What is this all about, below...??

"He said he thought it was really nice that someone he knew (adult) still jumped into bed with his parents to open his stocking on christmas morning and he hopes that he will be that close with his kids and they do that when they are of similar age."

Is that beyond immature or what? I think walking away is in your best interest.

michael chudzinski

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2011 04:53 PM

I agree with the others. If it doesn't feel right with you, I would move on. Be very cautious in here and don't forget to pray. God has shown me so much and He will you also.

angelheart36

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2011 04:13 AM

very true i would be wary

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2011 01:31 PM

I dunno - would you still think it was wierd if it was a woman who'd said those things? And your profile does mention wanting kids really badly so perhaps he was playing to that aspect?

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2011 09:58 AM

Ah, duh, ya, i think she would think it would be wierd if a woman said those things instead of a man... I pray you do to.

michael

algomaboy

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2011 08:21 AM

First of all I went to your profile. being 20years old you need to rely on your instints.

God speaks to us in many different ways. if you do not feel right God is letting you know something is wrong.

trust your feelings here.

Oh, seek advice from older women.

Paul wrote that men are to seek advice from older men and women are to seek advice from older women.

Did you talk to your mother about this?

This person could be an offender that has not been caught.

tracks of the black bear.........

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 08:07 PM

I think I qualify as the "older woman" 51 here.

Creepy? , yes he seems like it.

Run from this guy...fast. Sounds strange and obsessive to me.

Guy on here was strange. Told me about his dating experience here and how one date and he never heard from the women here again .Okay if it is one woman, but 4?! He sounded like a stalker.

Be safe, dear.

Prayers going your way

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 12:47 PM

I vote for creepy too.

The comments about children and seeming obsession with children is a bit creepy. If he's not creepy in that way then he needs to learn how to communicate better. I hope to have kids someday too but I don't fantasize about their looks or what they'll wear as long as they grow up to be Bears fans lol j/k. But when a series of statements are put together that may have spanned 5 months they may be less creepy in context. But they do show an abnormal obsession with children and childish things... I mean who thinks it's cool that a grown adult would jump into bed with mom and dad??? really??? and then to go further and hope that his kids would do that someday when they are grown up.

Point two of creepy vote is the comment about the wallet picture and you'd only been talking for a couple weeks, and also on his own took your fb picture and set it as his phone background, then asked if he could have pictures of you when you were younger.... that is creepy and also to me is a sign of possessiveness why else would he want your picture in his wallet than to show others and say who knows what. I've been in relationships and not had her picture in my wallet that's just weird/creepy especially in the time frame he was requesting that.

As others have said, if something feels off in that way best to steer clear. I don't think you are overreacting here.

power_man

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2011 11:21 AM

wow i think... he was a weirdo::devil:! yep definitelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:

Page : 1 2