Author Thread: Making the first move..
skif08

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 29 Dec, 2008 04:32 PM

Throughout my crushes, I have thought about asking a guy out. Is it right for a female to ask out a male or should the male make the first move?

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 30 Dec, 2008 06:08 AM

Personally i would advise really getting to know a person as a friend and trying to see if they have the beliefs and stuff u want that way first, to save yourself some heartbreak. But if the important issues are covered, and they really seem to enjoy spending time with you, then i dont see anything wrong with saying "hey, would u like to go to *insert place name* sometime? We could hang out." Some sort of restaurant, or casual activity, or fair or something. I would refrain from saying "lets go steady" until u guys have been on a lot of dates together and its pretty much already set, but guys LIKE to know when a girl is interested in them (if they are interested in the girl) because it takes weight off our shoulders from guessing.

cranston

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 2 Jan, 2009 01:22 PM

NO: you are a lady, be one. There are ways to let a guy know you are interested without asking them out. Leave it in the hands of the Lord.

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 03:38 PM

I agree with Cranston about actually asking a guy out. Us ladies just have to wait (though there's nothing wrong with praying HE wil ~ imo).

Same goes for the phone cal. Even when they send me their number and ask you to call ~ if I'm interested then I'll reciprocate with offering my own number and saying I prefer they do so.

Not so regarding initiating email coorespondence. At least for me. I don't hesitate to send something 'very' brief ~ like maybe 'Hello'. Seems that most of the people I've actually gone on to meet ~ were those I made contact with first. Makes me feel a bit more comfortable that I checked them out first, not the other way round. But that's just my personal comfort zone.

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 8 Jan, 2009 04:49 PM

I totally agree with this last response to this thread.

I have noticed I do better with the gentlemen I contact first rather than the other way around. It seems the ones that contact me first tend to be a bit over zealous and frankly, turn out to not be very sincere. Like you said, it seems to have become my comfort zone, ( at least in this medium of Internet dating), to be the initiator.

In 'real' life...I agree again with the both of you. I feel the gentleman should do the initiating...the asking out. There are ways to let a man know you are interested...my mother always told me,(figuratively speaking of course), throw something down...if they pick it up...then your on your way :)

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 8 Jan, 2009 04:53 PM

then 'you're' on...not, then 'your' on...lol.Opps!

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 11:56 PM

Peace and Grace to you from our Father Jesus Christ.

From my experience, most men are more attracted to a women if he knows she is attracted to him (within reason of course).

God did not give a command on this topic, but in Biblical examples men always made the first move.

If you like some one, showing interest in a pure way of course would be good for both of you, and no sin would be committed.

Peace to you.

Mark-

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 06:40 PM

Mark,

My love. I also believe that men should make the first move. I also have wrote you and let you know that I have interest in you and that I care a lot about you. I was wondering where you and I should go from here? How will I know when you are making a move on me? How will I know when you like me and when you have feelings for me too? How should I show that I have interest in you? Should I come straight out and tell you. You say if you have interest in someone that you should let them know within reason, what do you mean by that? When I wrote you to tell you how I feel about you was I within reason? Please get back to me on this Mark.

Yours Always,

I love you

Mahrrissa

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 2 Mar, 2009 08:33 PM

this is a grrreat topic! is it ok to give the guy,if you are a woman, your email address first? on some sort of pretense? then when he has emailed--to mention that that u might notice he is not around?or is that being too forward? what if he is shy? what is a good way to give him a signal? what is a good way to find out a level of interest in an email? :hearts:

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 2 Mar, 2009 08:34 PM

what are these ways then??? i'd love to know!

View Profile
History
Making the first move..
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 07:48 AM

hi crimes

you know by over on another web iste

well i let you know i have intersted in you

but u wasnt to me i still trying to talk to you

i am a good guy looking for real love and i also love the lord

so its ok to be interested in a guy

just let him know we cant read womens minds

you know?