Author Thread: Homosexuality
adezacpal

View Profile
History
Homosexuality
Posted : 17 Jul, 2011 09:50 PM

Homosexuality is already finding its way into our churches and even our Biblical belief. Are we willing to fight it out and stand strong as true Christians or follow the masses and join in that stupid ideological system of equality. God condemns it, should we as Christians do the same? Homosexuality is an epidemic causing a lot of ravaging effect on the world at large. It is not a race, it's a choice. So why call the fight against it discrimination?

I would like to know what your opinions are concerning this. Please feel free to post your responses. This is a Christian site...we should speak with much boldness and not mince words!

View Profile
History
Homosexuality
Posted : 19 Jul, 2011 08:12 PM

Bible says a man laying with another man or a woman laying with another woman is a big sin. Since I believe in the Bible, then... i have been around people that like same genders.

It is not right, nor biblical.

We are all God's children, but it doesn't mean we should accept murder, adultry or gays. It is a sin, no matter how you shake it. Tell them with love and to change their ways.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Homosexuality
Posted : 20 Jul, 2011 06:16 AM

Immorality is immorality whether it is homosexual or heterosexual. God doesn't hate homosexuals, He hates immorality.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

I think it is wrong that churches are embracing people that practice immorality of all genders, and somehow believe it is taboo to address it on any level. I think they would just rather pretend it is not happening at all, and by not telling people that God hates immorality, they somehow silently condone the immoral practice.

When churches ordain openly practicing individuals of immorality, it does send a message that it is okay to practice something God clearly tells us is wrong. Today the world accepts a gay preacher, but how would the congregation feel if their preacher was living with someone in a committed relationship that they were not married to? Further still how would the congregation feel if the preacher and significant other were seen waiting in the abortion clinic for their appointment?

I think some homosexuals are "born that way", yet I also think that others are also born with a drive toward children. Should we say that one is okay over the other?

All of our sins are wicked, it is the choice to practice them or abstain from them that is the real issue that is forever left unaddressed. That is the true difference between a real Christian and a plastic coated one that wants to wear the label when it is convenient. To abstain from our most primal urges is difficult. Feeling from immorality is not easy whether a person is attracted to the same sex or the opposite sex.

God can change any heart, but it doesn't always mean that He will. We must all endure our trials as we grow in strength with Him. We all have our crosses to bear whether it is sexual or chemical, monetary or prideful.

Satan always launches his attack through the eyes, the flesh or the pride. I think it helps to try to remember this as we strive to flee from temptation.

And the thing I love best is that God always meets us right where we are, knowing we are imperfect and stands ready to accept us with open arms if we embrace His Son; His Most Perfect Gift to us that we might someday be made perfect in Him. We are saved under Grace, but I think it is what we choose to do with this Gift we receive that brings us closer to God, through Jesus Christ our Savior.

Blessings,

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Homosexuality
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 08:39 PM

Tarasye,

I disagree with you about God's unwillingness. no, no, no...God loves it when we decide to change our behavior, we have work to do, he has work to do...our relationship with God is a cooperative affair and he honors he decisions we make to change from bad behavior to better behavior. God is very trustworthy. I am not aware of anywhere that God says he forsakes us...except the unforgivable sin and that is a one way street.

love,

michael

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Homosexuality
Posted : 22 Jul, 2011 01:37 AM

I am not saying that our God does not change hearts, for he absolutely does, but it is in His time, not ours, and we have to be willing to do our part and submit in obedience unto His authority.

Satan gives us trial to destroy us. God allows us to go through those trials that we might be broken that He can use us by restoring us into a better version of who we are.

God doesn't hate the Sinner, He hate the Sin, and He loves us, not because of the vile creatures we are, but because of the glorious creatures He intended for us to be and He knows He can restore us to be far better than His original design.

Maybe I am wrong, but I dare to bet when we get to Heaven, each an every one of us will be astounded by just how wrong we are about so very many things. That might be why we have a thousand years before us on that day......lots and lots and lots of homework.

Tarasye

twaldo82

View Profile
History
Homosexuality
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:35 AM

Remember, the title of this post is about homosexuality. Not immorality. And since the bible seems pretty clear that homosexuality is immoral, that is the only stance a christian can take...in my view.

Perhaps the question is what do we do about it? Or what am I called to do about it?

And I agree with the notion that it is not discriminatory in the same way other things are. But as christians, we live our lives based on biblical truth. The world does not. So why would we expect them to adhere to our truths?

Does it make me angry? YES, it does.