Author Thread: Photos photos photos
twaldo82

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:08 AM

Maybe this is an old topic, but it keeps coming up with me and also with the stories that women share with me online.

I get a sense that ladies resent the fact that men want to see full body photos when meeting on a dating site. I sense that many women feel that men do not need to be assessing a woman based on what he sees in photos.

How many of the ladies here only post a head shot? Is that because she does not like the way her body looks and is afraid if she displays it no one will want to meet her?

What if she waits to reveal more photos later and then the man does not like it? Is that a better scenario?

Is one of the realities of Online dating, that you have to present yourself upfront and honestly in order to expect the same?

What is your view on this?

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:51 AM

While many women say that they want a guy to like them for their personality and not their looks, I think the real reason why they don�t post a full body picture is because they do not like the way they look. They feel that because they do not like how they look, that guys will not like them either. The problem with that is you never know what a guy is going to like, he may very well like you what you don�t.

There is a site called Oktrends that does statistical analysis of the site okcupid. This site allows people to rate the looks of a woman or a man. One of the studies that oktrends did was comparing how many messages a woman received depending on if she put a picture up that depicted her as the �average� beautiful woman, and those who posted pictures that highlighted what was unique about them. The surprising result was that those who showed off what was different about them received more messages then those who tried to be the �average� or �typical� woman. The point was, don�t hide who you are, but show off what makes you different.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-mathematics-of-beauty/

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 01:29 PM

Yes, a women should present themself honestly.

On other Christian sites, men has always ask me for

full length photos. I have One on here, however, it

is very small one.

What gets me is, many men wil say, that couldn't be you

at your age.

So, some women just cann't win on these dating sites.

Men want photos and more photos.

I do not ask men for full length photos, just that they

have a photo.

Many men try to talk to a lady and they are faceless. :laugh:

I put on my profile do not contact me with a photo.lol

Some still do and they get the Delete button. lol

ps. I do believe that everyone that does not have a photo

it is not because they are not nice looking, they just prefer

not to have their photo on date sites.

JMO

:angel:

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 02:01 PM

Just for the record, so that no one yells at me: I don�t think that women won�t post a full body pick because they are not beautiful, I think that they won�t post it because THEY THINK they are not beautiful. I have known plenty of women that don�t think that they are attractive, when many guys do think she is. It�s rather ironic, but usually what they don�t like about themselves is usually what I find enticing.

I do agree with you that some will not post a picture since this is a public site. But, there aren�t very many who have that reason.

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 03:41 PM

:rolleyes:...Geee...I thought it was so a woman could be seen as Just a Pretty Face and not So Much as a WonTon Put it all out :angeldevil: there Kind of Gal...or...Maybe its because she doesnt have a Full Body Shot :excited:...or...Maybe she Doesnt like the photos she has :bunny:...or Maybe she just Doesnt Want to :nahnah:...No way of really knowing until ya ask her :zzzz:...:laugh:...Women...we are just to Complicated for Men..:goofball:..xo

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 04:04 PM

Yes, godsjude, there are many reasons why someone won't post a photo. But, many are rather selfish, so it is wrong to complain when a guy would like to see a full body picture of you. I don't like the fact that I am overweight, but I have posted a full body picture anyways.

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 31 Jul, 2011 05:39 AM

I agree Angle - we just can't win in regards to photos.

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 1 Aug, 2011 04:09 PM

:glow:...No Cobbler...its not wrong to complain about women not posting a picture of them in a full body shot...my point is...sometimes women would like a Gent to notice them not for their A$$ets or Lack of...it is a Womens perogitive...same as Man's...no differance...Personally I have a couple full shot pictures...but...:rolleyes:... when I post them I get NOTHING but Looky Loo's only and it Creeps mme out...Anywho...Its all Good...God's Blessins to All...xo

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 2 Aug, 2011 03:36 AM

You should present yourself honestly and upfront if you're seeking the same, but "online" most people present a picture of themselves which is far from their true selves.

Personally I feel that both men and women should post a �full body� shot at their profile because the full body shot of a �current" picture you have is who you are physically as a person. Why hide yourself or post a "very" old picture of yourself and if you and the other person choose to meet offline it is not how you actually look? Honestly is "key" when corresponding with someone online or offline when you meet, but most people choose to be dishonest.

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 16 Aug, 2011 02:35 PM

Your post is the best of all here. You are also correct. Back 20 years ago I got snookered at yahoo in its infancy back in 1990. No photos of a woman and carried on for a month then finally she sent some photos. Bad deal.

From then on I insist in all who write to have the 6 photos and a cam so I can verify them and they can verify me. I too have a cam so they can truly see what I really like, right now, in real time. No tricks.

I mean, really, most of us have eyes. We DO use them.

If online dating is to work, it works as a digital version of real life. Thus, we seldom meet someone and court around a blind corner and fall in love. No, we meet and size up each other and the love pangs bite, if that is the course of heart and soul to be. Simple and normal.

Too, we men are not women. Women operate by what they "feel" and "hear" and looks to a degree. We men operate by what we "see" and "smell".

So, make this real everybody. It does work.

Bless to you all,

Robert

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 16 Aug, 2011 04:43 PM

Robert....I agree we should approach a website as close to real life as possible without sacrificing safety and security. Posting realistic photos is part of the process...because like it or not we all, even women, are visual people.

I find it just as irritating that men don't include pictures of themselves on their profile. Even more irritating is doing a search against profiles with photos only and finding a picture of a flag, dog, etc...and not a single picture of the individual...that is deceptive and not very Christ-like.

I also don't like seeing pictures of men without shirts on...if I can't post a picture without a shirt on...(not that I would). Men should adhere to a standard, too. Save something for your future mate.

Yes, I'm probably a little more 'old-fashioned' or conservative than most...those are just my preferences.

Page : 1 2