Author Thread: Photos photos photos
twaldo82

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:08 AM

Maybe this is an old topic, but it keeps coming up with me and also with the stories that women share with me online.

I get a sense that ladies resent the fact that men want to see full body photos when meeting on a dating site. I sense that many women feel that men do not need to be assessing a woman based on what he sees in photos.

How many of the ladies here only post a head shot? Is that because she does not like the way her body looks and is afraid if she displays it no one will want to meet her?

What if she waits to reveal more photos later and then the man does not like it? Is that a better scenario?

Is one of the realities of Online dating, that you have to present yourself upfront and honestly in order to expect the same?

What is your view on this?

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 17 Aug, 2011 05:53 AM

teach_ib

I Agree!

:applause:

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 18 Aug, 2011 12:03 AM

Just being honest, I decided not add a photo for the simple reason that if someone "hacks" my account...because if they hack my account and steal my picture, then they'll be able to use it to deceive some unsuspecting young lady.

However, I did have a photo when I joined this site the first time. That's right, I left for a while and then came back. Unfortunately, I decided to check the forum posts one day to see if anyone might interest me. Then I found someone that interested me...and after thinking about it for a few days, I finally decided to rejoin the site and create another profile. However, it turned out that the person was a scam artist or something...so I reported them. You basically know they're a scam artist when they agree with everything you say or start telling you everything you wanna hear, not to mention filling their messages with a bunch of the "emoticons" or "face characters" as I call them.

But anyway, that's why I decided not to upload a picture this time...but if someone needed to see a picture of me before being willing to talk to me for any length of time, then yes, I would probably upload a picture for their sense of security and safety...after all, there are a few scammers out there. LOL :)

View Profile
History
Photos photos photos
Posted : 20 Aug, 2011 09:42 PM

I don't believe that most women are failing to post body shots on purpose. I think that if there is resentment about posting a body shot, it may be because being asked to do so could make a woman feel cheap, defensive and like you are going to discontinue communication with her because her bra size wasn't big enough. The profiles list your body type, so why does a Christians honesty about that need to be verified by photographic evidence? That can't be a sign of good things to come.

Page : 1 2