Author Thread: Is it really possible?
Admin

Is it really possible?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2009 09:38 PM

Do you guys think that it is really possible to meet someone on here, or online somewhere, develop a friendship/relationship, and end up getting married one day?

I was just thinking about this and it just seems so improbable. I mean, I know God can use it, but to me there are a million more obstacles...being comfortable enough to move to talking on the phone, then maybe on webcam, then meet in person, then actual start dating. It seems so risky, because people can create themselves to be who they want you to see (whether intentional or not)...I find being around a person, seeing them with their friends and family tells me WAY more about who they actually are.

What do you guys think honestly?

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 12:12 AM

Well, I know its possible... but I certainly agree it's improbable.

Such mediums are... out of the ordinary, you know? You're so right though... being around a person and seeing them with their friends and family says a lot. Whereas... this myspace-like profile viewing and online connection is a creation. I wonder if this could be likened to somehow texting a complete stranger you can barely see on the other side of some dimly lit public event.... We have hope in the mystery, but can't quite see who they are...trying to interpret the other person's text shorthand, and wondering when to leave the concert/etc.

I guess the key is whether or not our Father has called but we keep not answering... or that He knows we're here and there's peace.

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 12:42 PM

It is 100000000000% risky because you have all kinds of people on line with NEGATIVE MOTIVES.Sex offenders prey on people and Kids on Line So with that in mind I would not put Faith in on line sites.

Ladies and Kids must be careful because it is the men that are doing the most unthinkable things on line and just because this is a CHRISTIAN SITE you still have to treat it like MYSPACE.

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 12:55 PM

Amen, brother Mike. I have one thing to add for the lady. If you think you have found the one, ask for his Pastor's number so you can verify he is what he says. Also verify the number he gives, is the church's number.

God's favor,

Leon

cranston

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 01:07 PM

One thing to add: Test the spirit, then go and have a heavenly conversation: For only the father know the heart: .

Elisa

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 05:22 PM

Well now Leon,

What absolutely great, common sense advice. I never thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

Also, as much as it saddens me to say...there are women on here who prey on others as well. So gentlemen, it wouldn't hurt to follow Leon's advice either.

While not fullproof, it does provide more information about the person. And that's why we are here isn't it? To get to know other Christians?

Thank you very much for sharing Leon,

Elisa

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 06:51 PM

Leon God bless you Sir That is some good advice Because this is a Christian site and it should not be a problem Providing that information.

Cranston I understand what you are saying but I would not advice that because you never Know what level people are on. If they are babes in Christ they do not Know anything about Testing the spirits so the best thing to do is use safty.

Now do not get me wrong you are right but only seasoned Christians Know how to flow in the Spirit like that.

Back to Leon comment I go to a church with over 25,000 members and even there you could get information so it is NO EXCUSE NOT TO PROVIDE IT. Now in my case you will not be able to call my Pastor and have a talk about me But you will get a Member number and see a Picture of me and personal information plus I have a tithe record that show I be there weekly.

Please No comments about my church size I am at the brook where God sent me Plus Who go to a place to eat where the Food is not Good?

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 08:01 PM

Brother Mike,

There is nothing wrong with a large church if you are getting fed. Most of the time, your church is dependent on where you live.

I go to a church so small that I can tell you all the Pastor's family's names. I have cell phone numbers for most of the congregation, and know where they all live. LOL. So I guess I am at the other extreme. We have probably 100 to 150 members, but usually the same 50 show up.

God bless you all,

Leon

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 10:16 PM

Oh, I hear ya...I go to a church of about 4,000 which is really large for Lincoln, NE. The college group there is great, with about 200 students.

Thanks for the input guys...and while part of me is concerned with whether the guy is legit, I'm also concerned that people are getting the right impression of me...when I was about 15 I met a girl online that lived in the same town as my grandparents and we had tons in common and just became really good friends, she was super chatty...but when we met in person I swear it was like pulling teeth to get her to say a word to me....not that I'm a shy person in person...but maybe I come off way cooler than I actually am! ;) lol

Grasshopper

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 3 Jan, 2009 10:26 PM

Of course it is! Happens everyday. Someone wins Powerball, too. Unlikely sure,, but never give up. True Love conquers all!

carolineT

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2009 08:35 AM

Yes,it's possible as long as it's God's plan for them,and He can do works through it. But it's risky as well. I think the most important thing is that when we are seeing someone,prayers are needed,and it significant no matter in the internet or real life. Seeking for his wil,and pray to calm down,do not let the "feelings" take control of our mind. What I learned from the experience was that I did not need a man to make me whole. Connect with God,He is going to show us the correct path.

God bless

Page : 1 2