Author Thread: Is it really possible?
Admin

Is it really possible?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2009 09:38 PM

Do you guys think that it is really possible to meet someone on here, or online somewhere, develop a friendship/relationship, and end up getting married one day?

I was just thinking about this and it just seems so improbable. I mean, I know God can use it, but to me there are a million more obstacles...being comfortable enough to move to talking on the phone, then maybe on webcam, then meet in person, then actual start dating. It seems so risky, because people can create themselves to be who they want you to see (whether intentional or not)...I find being around a person, seeing them with their friends and family tells me WAY more about who they actually are.

What do you guys think honestly?

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2009 02:52 PM

Dear Brother Leon,

Wise and excellent counsel. Again, you have shown yourself wise beyond your years. Sometimes, those of us who have lived the most rotten lives end up with the most wisdom when we are in Christ and rejoice, because you are being used mightily to help others. Your sister in Christ, The Bread lady:bow:

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 03:07 PM

I first used online dating back in 1998. Met some great people, some of whom lived quite some distance (the furthest was in Canada). These were people I actually did meet. The Canadian has been here (Texas) 3 times over the years ~ and we continue to be great (distance) friends.

Met my ex-husband online (so don't know if you'd consider that a good experience or not)...but we were married for more than 8 years. Problem was we got married in haste due to a life-threatening illness (mine). He wanted to be there to care for me through-out...and he did.

Started dating again in October (online of course). Have met several people ~ and dating just isn't like it used to be. The men are so much more aggressive now, and I'm told the women are as well. These are all people that profess to be Christians. Still, for me, no really 'bad' experiences ~ just a lot I wouldn't care to have a second date with.

OceanSparrow

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 8 Jan, 2009 06:32 PM

Well,I know I'm not a guy,but I know people who met online...and I've met some great people online myself! Just be careful...what more can you do? And hey,you can only "talk the talk" for so long! Give 'em tough questions only a real believer (or INCREDIBLE fake) could answer...that's one of my favorite stratigies! :laugh: Anyway,don't give up too soon!

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 01:18 PM

To every utencil there is good and bad. We have guns, and they improved hunting and made our lives easier in the beginning, but man also chose to use it for killing. We have forks that we use to eat our dinner, but i guarantee someone has stabbed someone with one or used it for other devious acts. Internet dating is the same. Its place for people to communicate online, it isnt good or bad, its neutral. Its who uses it and how they use it that makes the difference, and so i would say that its entirely possible to meet and marry someone online.

And to be honest, especially for people that live out in the middle of nowhere, its a hundred times more probable to find "the one" online than it is going to the local church that only has 17 people in it, 15 of whom are elderly. Before, God would have to hook people up by physically meeting them together somewhere, and that could take a lot of money and setting up appointments and stuff like that. Now all he has to do is get them on the same internet site and have them notice each other's profiles. A lot less complicated.

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 12 Jan, 2009 03:54 PM

Thanks Gourd00,

That is really the truth. I am in what would be considered a "large" church for a small town, 400 members and in the "singles" group there are mostly women and a few men who are 10 years or more :waving:younger than me, so finding a mate at church is kinda not happening!! So you are right. Now if we can all agree to answer each other's interest once we have read profiles and not ignore one another, we might find common ground to start a friendship that could lead to more. Alexis

ms777

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 08:35 AM

I agree you have to be careful as there are some real crazy people out there but I can tell you for sure you can meet some great people online . I have meet some great friends from all over the world and meet many of them in person.

People are always a bit differnet in person than online but I thank God for the great friends I have first meet online .

Just use some common sense you can use the internet as a tool to get to know someone enough to know whether or not there is enough chemisty to meet in person . Always see them on a cam to make sure they are who they say they are and lol dont fly to nigeria or ghana for your first date

JonahDav

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 03:34 PM

Is it really possible? Yes.

You have to use discernment in real life and online life, the online facet merely has the chance of allowing more information on a person besides a smile and if you determine there is interest both parties may go to a date with more common ground.

In the end actually meeting someone and the whole testing phases still matter the most. The online aspect just gives you a chance to select more qualities that you are looking for.

hah..

2 Corinthians 3:16-18

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Abide in Jesus, and enjoy the adventure of being transformed into his likeness. :) The Holy Spirit will pierce the untruths.

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 06:45 PM

dear folks, wow its a pile of newcomers i missed here..

welcome to the forums all of you..

ole cattle

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Is it really possible?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 11:15 AM

HELLO ALL DEAR SISTERS AND BROTHERS,

I'M SO THANKFUL GOD I FOUND THAT FORUM!!!

WELL I CAN SHARE MY STORY..

WHEN I WAS IN THE UK - THAT FAMILY THAT I STAYED ( PASTOR'S HOME ) CHECKED ME TROUGH MY PASTOR IN BULGARIA!!!I THINK IT'S REALLY WASLY THAT WAY!!!

I WAS BAPTIZED IN THE CHURCH OF LETTER DAY SAINTS AND THEY ASLO PRACTICE THAT WAY OF KNOWING SISTERS AND BROTHERS !!!!

THANK U SO MUCH FOR THE FORUM AGAIN!!

I KNOW ALSO FASTING AND PRAYING IS THE BEST KEY FOR EVERYTHING ALSO EVERYTHING WHICH IS AGAINST THE BIBLE'S

LWA'S CAN'T BE FROM THE HOLY GOUST!!!

PLS LOOK AT THIS SITE

www.GotQuestions.org

MANY BLESSINGS

VANI :angel::angel:

Page : 1 2