Author Thread: For all God following guy from ages 20 - 24. . .
Mandi_Lynn

View Profile
History
For all God following guy from ages 20 - 24. . .
Posted : 11 Oct, 2007 06:30 PM

Are all guys (in general) really base there relasionships on how the girl looks or does it not matter ??

And if it does not mader why don't guy give girls who may have a few extra pounds on them , it seems that they are called "just friends" . . .

Now can you help me understand this ???

If so please write a comment (and PLEASE don't sugar coat your comment) . . .

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2007 03:27 AM

Sorry I don't fit the age group but I was once a guy in that range. I will try the most honest way that is not sugar coated.

Guys do go totally by looks because that is how we are made to think. Maybe it's models in beer commercials during football games or just growing up in america hanging with the guys or something. Our simple (not small) minds think that way, because things are wired in guys like that.

Over time we realize that how a girl "looks" looses importance over the factor of how fun is the girl is.

I will keep it to that so I don't get off track and hope I can be of help.

realdeal

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2008 02:03 PM

that means that he really values the friendship but doesnt want it to go past a good friendship. Basically he likes you and enjoys spending time with you, but not in the way that couples do.

As for the previous question, an HONEST response would be that at first guy's are attracted by the physical appearance.

Their are times when people start off as friends but because they share so much in common they fall in love and it wasn't started from physical attraction.

Hope that helps.

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2008 02:50 PM

if ur talking about americans and probably a lot of other industrialized societies (england/australia), the reason girls who a bit heavier dont get a second look is because culture says that the guys should go for the slender girls, and that those are the "top rung" when it comes to pickins. As a smaller note of health, girls who are naturally in a normally healthy weight range are going to have less weight related health issues, which is also attractive to a person (the less issues one might have to deal with the better).

Is it the only thing a guy will consider when choosing a gf or spouse? Only for a shallow guy. Personality can melt physical issues away if things are clicking quite nicely.

And it isnt just body size that makes a difference, obviously, lots of slender girls dont get dates because maybe they dont have a good face, or they dont waste any time on their looks, or maybe they're a real witch. Weight is just one of many issues that has to be taken into consideration with whether a girl is worthwhile or not.

Id also like to bring up that guys who dont have the "ripped abs" or "college guy" look actually sometimes prefer getting a gf with a couple extra pounds because they can relate, and they dont have to feel like they have to live up to some standard as compared to if they had met a slender girl (the guy feeling like he would have to lose weight).

But yea, lots of stuff entwined in the issue. It wasnt always like it was today, the greeks would probably have laughed at all the slender girls today and said "whats that, a toothpick?" They tended to like their females a bit bigger, because it meant they were more likely to survive the child bearing/rearing.

Mandi_Lynn

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 02:49 AM

thanx for taking the time to replay to my question... all ur answers helped me out a lot... my God bless all your lives...