Author Thread: This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Admin

This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 09:01 AM

I have been told by man that say you shouldn't even hold hands before you are married..even if you have been married before. I am interested in knowing what you think about it and why you believe what you believe :)

View Profile
History
This is for both guys and girls..Do you believe it is okay to hold hands ,kiss,ect. while dating or engaged? Or do you believe you should abstain from all physicall contact until you are married/wether you were married before or not?
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 09:11 AM

This is what I believe...the Bible says it is not good for a man to touch a woman in the book of Proverbs. It doesn't say not to just that it isn't good to do. It leads to temptation and can therefore lead to sin. Most believe they can handle it, or they will just hold hands. But what happens when you want more? Like the Bible says..abstain from all apperances of evil. This may be really old fashioned, but there it is:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 09:59 AM

Hi,

First, there is nothing wrong with old fashioned. I have seen Christian girls in many churches who became pregnant outside of marriage. Their parents and brothers and sisters in the Lord had tried to warn them about temptation and they felt they were able to handle it. Maybe it depends on your age and level of maturity in your walk. I can't wait to read all the responses this topic will get.

Thanks, for bringing this up. Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 10:24 AM

I know thats what it says in the Bible and I was raised in that belief as a child. I have never touched a girl in my life in any way other then a handshake, until I meet my first girl friend. My brother holds that standard close to his heart and is planning on not touching a girl in that way until he is married. He has a strong conviction about it and I respect him so much for it.

Me on the other hand I'm a little lacking on that standard. I believe its ok to hug, hold hands, kiss, and cuddle. I will never take it further then that though. I will respect the girl I am in a relationship in with, when I find one. If she wants to wait unti we are married for any kind of touching I will wait for marriage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 11:33 AM

Does getting slapped for being fresh count as touching? LOL.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 11:59 AM

Well that was deep and meaning full. LOL :)

Jesus love you anyway, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 05:53 PM

A little humor is always needed. How about when Jesus came walking up to the boat His disciples were in? What did He say? Fear not! Yeah, okay.....someone comes walking up to your boat in the middle of the night, on the Sea of Galilee, and what do they tell you? Don't be afraid. Yeah, like they weren't wishing for some place to run.

As for this post, I think it is a personal decision. You know yourself, don't take any chances. If holding hands makes you want more than that, then just say no. Some people are not affected by these things, others are. Don't forget the power of lust, never take any chances.

Blessings,

Leon

P.S. If being slapped counts, Then I am all for waiting to be married!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 09:36 PM

well i definitely dont mind holding hands ya know. I dont mind hugging or kissing either. When it comes to cuddling though that can be very tempting and can lead to sex very quickly as can making out. I mean as far as i will go with a girl as a Christian is kissing but if a girl would rather wait for marriage on that than she becomes that much more attractive to me. Im saying that the less the girl wants to do with me out of obedience to God the more attractive she is to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 10:20 PM

Good for you young man! I am so encouraged by the young people on this site. Stay strong in our Lord.

God bless you, Lydia

jezcie

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jan, 2009 11:46 PM

For me, holding hands with someone we love is ok as long we know the limitation, i mean what we should do and what we shouldn't do. . But I dont hold someone hands I just meet, even he is a nice man, he still a stranger to me. Actually, I'm confused when a christian guy asking me why I still keep my virginity and what for. And asking me again weather I'm christian or not..What I understand with that is if Im christian that means I can do sex before married. For me, I dont do sex before married.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 12:08 PM

I believe that holding hands, gentle hugs and kissing is fine as long as we place that limit and hold to it.

MEN....this is for you...I believe that while we all do love to kiss, I believe that we should not kiss a woman until we are ready to hold her heart in our hands. Women are more moved by kissing then men in most cases and women feel more emotion with a kiss. That is my opinion. MEN...we have a spiritual responsibility to take the lead and understand that a woman's natural inclination is to "give herself" to the man she loves. You will have to be stronger.

If any of these things causes the other person or ourselves to stumble then don't do it. Know your limitations and don't place yourself in places of temptation! Don't kiss horizontally! Don't be alone for long periods of time. If towards the end of the date you are feeling tired then don't allow yourself to be alone with that person as when we are tired our defenses are down and we are more easily seduced. After all....do we want to go to our Honeymoon, business as usual or do we want to unwrap the gift God has blessed us with for the first time when it is good and righteous before God?

Blessings!

Walter

Page : 1 2 3 4