Author Thread: Is it rude to not answer a message someone sends you?
Admin

Is it rude to not answer a message someone sends you?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2007 06:42 AM

I have sent several people messages, but I have not gotten a response. In my mail box it says "read". I would like a response even if its to tell me no, I am not intrested in you. Do you think it rude to not answer someone? :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2008 05:36 AM

LOL!! Your reply just cracks me up!!(makes me laugh..):laugh:

Maybe some people are just...shy??..........:rolleyes:

Truly, I think a courtesy reply of "thanks but no thanks" would be great, then you know exactly where you stand. Honesty goes a L O N G way!! : )

BenMac

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 May, 2008 10:09 AM

Hopefully.

sparrow1469

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2008 10:37 AM

RUDE? Really, this actually being asked? I would say NO, don't make it such a personal issue. I say this having responded to many emails with a kind "no thank you," - I always respond in some way. Despite this, we're discussing pleasantries here, who cares? How about discussing WHY people are not responding to your email.

wotever68

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 06:46 PM

Maybe there should be a standard reply with the emails that you can click on that says " Thank you for you interested. Hope you find the person you are looking for." That is a polite way of saying Thank you but no thanks.....B

bfriends

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2009 03:55 AM

I think it can go both ways.

I think some people do not like to say "no" in an email, they maybe trying to be kind about it.

Maybe a nice auto-note: Thank you, but no thanks, take care :-)

The Bible talks about Christians being Very Kind to one another, I still need to work more at that, but just me, not others :-)

ElainaM

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2009 07:47 AM

Yes, it's rude. I'm new here but I answer everything unless I've already told them once that I'm not interested. After that I no longer feel obligated. A wink is one thing I don't expect a response on but if I trouble myself to message them they should at least be polite. How difficult is it to click on the "I'm not interested" button? I think a lot of men here are setting a bad example. Worldy men don't answer and are rude. Christian men and women should rise above our own self interests and at least make a new friend/prayer partner.We are all here I'm guessing to find someone who's not like the guy/ girl next door. We should expect respect and also give it. I'd like to know who doesn't reply by habit on their profile because I don't want to have a conversation with a man like that.... if he decides I'm worth his time I want to know about disrespectful habits.... Something I think would be a good add here too. Maybe a way to rate someone's respect levels with stars????? Especially the ones who end up being totally rude and controlling or possible romance scammers....Thanks for asking this important question.

JehovaJirah

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 11:38 PM

I think it can be rude but not always. I mean what do you do? Ive been in the dilemma before Im not going to lie. In fact I do everything I can not to lie. I dunno I can definately see why some consider it rude, but maybe people dont respond because they dont want to hurt someone's feelings? I dunno Ive panicked before and didnt answer not because I was trying to be mean, in fact I was trying to do the exact opposite, by not having to tell someone Im not interested. I dunno I hope no one thinks less of me for that because Im really not a mean or disrespectful person, I just figured I would add my thoughts. Ill start answering them all now I guess

Quintner

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 07:49 AM

It feels gud to know im not alone in this ignoring business!!.It's really impolite not to reply a msge, after all its a social network and if ur not interested in knowing pple then u might as well log-off 4 good.

Eagle6227

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2009 08:42 PM

It may seem rude not to answer an email but when I first got on this site I just could not answer the volume I got because it took to long. One thing also was that I couldn't find the heart just to say "not interested" as I try not to consciously hurt peoples feelings...and rejection of most kinds can hurt. I know that I would prefer a no response as to "I'm not interested." At least you can assume they are committed or real busy and use good imagination : )

Blessings, Eagle6227

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2009 03:07 PM

I think it can be rude at times...My thing is that I just don't want to hurt someone's feelings...I will talk to ANYONE who loves the Lord but I won't get with anyone...Their is a difference...Anytime I send a message out to someone I always ask would they be interested in conversing with me...I've gotten a couple that said they weren't interested for whatever reason...I politely send them a thank you for being honest note and be done with it...We are suppose to be Christians on this site and shouldn't be rude to each other...Sending a polite no thanks is better to me than just ignoring that person...

God bless everyone!!!

Page : 1 2 3