Author Thread: Is it rude to not answer a message someone sends you?
Admin

Is it rude to not answer a message someone sends you?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2007 06:42 AM

I have sent several people messages, but I have not gotten a response. In my mail box it says "read". I would like a response even if its to tell me no, I am not intrested in you. Do you think it rude to not answer someone? :angel:

Eagle6227

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 08:06 PM

In rethinking my post, I got confused with another site where I got so much mail. After thinking about the question again, I say that it is a bit rude not to answer. Try to answer all email casual but politely if not interested, ... be as kind as possible, keeping it short. That way most will know you're not romantically interested, but you can gain a friend for just conversation that way. If they are brave enough to ask specifically if you are romantically interested first off, then they are brave enough to accept your answer if given nicely.

Eagle6227

KaraokeMojo

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 10:47 AM

I don't think it's rude in certain circumstances. For instance, I get all kinds of emails from men from middle eastern countries asking me to marry them right off, and I have never even heard of them before. It downright scares me. They claim to have read my profile and that they are madly in love with me and want to start a long term relationship with me. Well, if they had, indeed, read my profile, they would not have written me at all. My profile basically says that if you are not born in the USA I do not want contact from you. Now, is it very Christian like to not answer those emails from people ignoring what your profile says? YES IT IS CHRISTIAN LIKE! I would like to think that if someone is ignoring your wishes that they are not a safe person to have contact with. Now if it is someone that is truly interested in you, and you are not interested in them, just say "I don't think we would make a good match". And leave it at that. I was practically spammed after telling one of my middle eastern "suitors" that I was not interested in any sort of relationship with someone outside the USA. I got all kinds of nasty emails saying he was going to come kidnap me and make him his wife-slave and so on. I just didn't reply to them and here i am safe and sound. He was just a tempromental pakistani man, that's all. And he finally stopped. But really, people, if you haven't read someone's profile or you are not what they are looking for, just don't email them. Then you won't be dissappointed that they refuse to email you back! Have some common sense.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 05:21 AM

I believe that as christians we should be able to be christ like. I do not remember anywhere in the bible where Jesus did not answer a question. Sometimes it can be difficult to answer in time but it is of good character to answer to messages even if it is after sometime.I would suggest that one should also learn to acknowledge the delay and apologise.I do not believe in saying no by being passive, it is the world's standards, we are not of the world or we should not comform to those standards. The bible say that our NO should be NO and our YES a YES.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2010 04:47 AM

Well, in the side of the person who wrote the message something would come to his mind why the person didn't have any reply..busy or not interested.To simply say no I'm not interested to you might hurt one's feelings so the recepient choose to ignore it than hurt...-rudeness?it's the way we react on things...:yay:

vkjewell

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2011 10:09 AM

I struggle a little with this one too . . .

Would you all be so kind as to visit my new H E A R T F E L T blog at vkjewell.blogspot.com this week and post a comment? I will be writing a new one in the next day or two I hope.

Thanks! Val Jewell in Wyoming

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2012 08:24 PM

It is rude. I at least send a polite "I don't think we'd make a good match" response to guys I am not interested in. CDFF has made it SO easy to be curteous; it drives me crazy when guys COMPLETELY ignore you. It's not nice.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2013 07:12 PM

I totally agree that it is just plain rude. I now just assume that when I send a message I won't get a reply back.

I only send a message to someone if/when I do have a question to pose; but perhaps I'm being too forward, TMI or too something. Regardless, it's still rude. I've been on other web sites in which the site encourages all users to reply for the sake of NOT being rude.

I agree w/ the statement that it isn't Christ like. It makes me question their profile, regardless of how 'spiritual' it sounds, as behavior speaks louder than words.

Non responsive men is the main reason I typically leave these web sites. How can you connect w/ Anyone if no one responds? It's a waste of money mainly on THEIR part!

Thanks for sharing on this.

Page : 1 2 3