Author Thread: Would You Date/Marry A Transformed Homosexual?...
Admin

Would You Date/Marry A Transformed Homosexual?...
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 07:57 PM

We know that with God ALL things are possible. There are many men and women who have lived the lie of the devi for many years. Some believing that they were born homosexuals, some believing they were trapped in a man's body when they were SUPPOSED to have women. There are some women who believe that they are/were trapped in a woman's body, when they were/are really men.

There are those who have gotten sex changes, only to find out it was a grievious mistake, and some have tried to redo/reverse the mistake, but have found that it has cost them emotionally and mentally more than it was worth in the first place, trying to change the order of God.

God tells us in His word(Romans chapter 1), that homosexuality is a sin! It is an abomination before Him! And no person who practice such sexual immoral sin of homosexuality will enter into His kingdom, which is His home/heaven, so He has a right to say who can live there with Him and who can't.

There are many men and women who are coming to realize that they have been deceived by the devil's lie, and are being truly transformed back to their original state of moral beings, and are receiving God's Word as truth and turning their lives over to the Lord Jesus Christ. They are living new life-styles as the men/males and women/females God so created them to be in the beginning. Some are even finding godly women and men to marry and have children.

Ted Haggard has confessed his homosexuality behavior, and with the coming out of a young man who states that he had an affair with Haggard while he was pastor of his church in Colorado spring. Haggard admits it is true, but he has now realized his sins, repented and states that he will no longer deny that he has been involved with men during his marriage, and as pastor of his church from which he was fired/resigned. His wife is standing by him, but as you know she by the Word of God, in scripture she can divorce him and start a new life for herself... this is a very hard responsibility on her, so love has to play a very big part in her staying.

(1) Would you date or marry a transformed homosexual?

OR

(2) If your wife or husband admits and confesses that he/she has deceived you for years about his/her sexuality... Would you continue to stay in the marriage?

OR

(3) If you were dating a man or woman and were engaged to be married, and he/she told you of his/her homosexual life-style before begin "born again". Would you proceed with the wedding?

...what say you?...

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 08:11 PM

Wow ET,

What interesting questions. I take question #3 . I would say yes to the question because I know that God does miracles today in the lives of his people. I have a radical testimony and I know that if God could change my way, he can change anyone. The blood of Jesus does wash us clean from our pasts and we truly are new creations in Christ. The old man has passed away behold all things are new!

Thank You Jesus, Amen

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2009 08:47 PM

Jaw dropping questions ET

1-no

2-yes

3-yes

I think most men would answer the same way. But there would be a lot of questions.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2009 10:09 PM

Well Ella,

After much, much thought, I have to say yes, I would. All three. It would not be easy, but if God can forgive them, who am I to question that? If I refused to accept them after they repented and were forgiven, that would make me a hypocrite. The only thing that makes me good, is the blood of Christ. They have access to the same blood, who am I to question that?

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 07:32 AM

Lydia, Ephesians, and Leon... yes, this is a hard question and decision to make if one should find him/her faced with it.

But it is happening every day, in the Christian community where man women are finding themselves faced with what to do, when she finds out that even her pastor husband has been dipping in homosexual activity. You don't hear too much about men marrying women invloved in this, but it is mostly among men who play around in such behavior.

I agree with all your answers, because if you're in love with someone, and find out this information, love never fade, so it would not matter if you were told these things. But I would have to say, that I would have second thoughts about marrying a man who told me these things BEFORE, we got into a serious relationship.

I know God cleansed me from my sins, and it would not be a problem to accept, nor would it be that I am judging him or condeming him. But my faith would have to question and doubts about health reasons. Unless, I found myself so attracted to him that I couldn't resist, and then again, as you all said, if this be the will of God that this is the person He has chosen for me, I wouldn't have a choice if I were in obedient to God. I would have to trust God for good health.

If I married him and didn't know these things until later, as Mrs. Haggard, I wouldn't leave him. But it would be a strain on the marriage, because I would have to learn all over to trust in him controlling himself. Trust would be in question, no differnt than if he had committed adultery with a woman... trust would have need to be reestablished...

ella

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2009 12:31 PM

ET this is a very hard thing for most people to answer. I thought about it for a couple of days now.

I would have to answer yes to all three questions you asked. Because I know God has the power to do all things. He forgave them of their sins and is now helping them to get closer to Him.

Its not my place to judge them for their past. So I would be in the wrong for judging them. We all make mistakes in this world and when we ask for God's forgivness and mean it with all are heart and soul, and forgive ourselves for our mistakes that we made. Then with God's help we will change, for all have come short of the glory of God. The harder we try to get closer to God the wiser we will become. Every one is capable of changing our worldly ways with God's loving help.

I'm not saying that it would be easy at first to deal with, but if you constantly seek God's help. He will always help you in your time of need. I know I would be there for the person helping them how ever I can to further their personal walk with God. So bottom line is yes to all three questions you asked ET.

Your brother in Christ,

Jacob

duchess_sarah

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2009 05:38 PM

An absolute YES to questions 1&3 - but, for question 2-do you mean that they had been cheating on their spouse for all those years...if that was the case, I would forgive them (although that would be difficult, hurtful, & would take time) but if they cheated, I don't think i would be able to stay w/them. BUT, who knows? I think the most important thing is forgiveness..it would be difficult to trust that person again though. IF they didn't cheat on me, then I would have no grounds for divorce & I would stay w/them, if they were willing to work on it & pray through for deliverance, if they were willing to do nothing then I'd probably separate from them for a time & just pray....Man this life is so tough, I swear...I can't wait till Jesus comes back!!! Come quickly LORD!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2009 10:38 AM

If I were in a marriage to a man who was cheating with another man, as Mrs. Haggard, I think this would be harder to accept than if he had cheated on me with another woman. But yes, I would forgive him, and seek counseling and God, however, I also know that according to God I was free to divorce him because of adultery against me.

Many times I forgave my ex for adultery in our marriage for cheating with another woman, yes, its was VERY hard and difficult to re-establish the trust And once healing of trust was on its way to being re-established, he only repeated himself more than once or three times (lol), and this was the last straw. Sometimes this is the bad character of a person, and no matter how many times he/she repents, repeat of the same behavior really they only apologzie. True repentance is a turning away completely from the sin. But Many women stay in relationships based on the apology, and the woman thinks is being christian, but this is abuse, and God has never told us to stay in such relationship. So if a man, was gay and cheated, I would give him another chance to redeem himself, but I don't think I would have the same trust as in the beginning.

Homosexuality is a strong demonic spirit, only God can break and destrot, and if the man truly repented before God and proved himself to me as his wife that he loved me and God's word. Yes, I would stay in the marriage. But I would not stay in a dating relations if he cheated BEFORE we got married with another man, becasue this would mean to me that he also would be unfaithful in the marriage. Same would apply even if he wasn't gay, if he cheated outside of our dating relations with another woman. There would be no marriage!... and I would tell him to keep it moving...lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 08:59 PM

Okay....first thing....I do agree they are "Forgiven". However, their sins of that past may catch up with them. Like AIDS and MERSA.

Because of another website/blog that I go to....a conservative republican site....I read horror stories almost daily of the sexual lifestyles of homosexual men. I can't tell you all that I have read, but I can tell you that it is Sodom and Gomorrah all over again.

HIV/AIDS often does not show up for years....so I am sorry.....a former male homosexual is just out of the question.

I will accept them in the Christian community however. I am glad they saw the truth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Feb, 2009 09:10 PM

I will say yes, to all God forgives if we have truly repented and praying and staying away from such behavior. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, so to all I say repent and really mean it and watch God work it out. He can will and will forgive you,me us whomever it is. We must believe it though, so stay in the Lord, we are facing more difficulty days ahead, it won't be easy as we get closer to the Lord the more the devil is going to throw things at us, especially those things that we struggle with or our weaknesses, but the Lord is faithful, and just to forgive us of all our sins. We are made stronger in our weaknessess, as paul stated it. God bless each of you and may you stand strong in the Lord in what ever you are facing. It won't be easy but with Christ on our side we can do all things through Christ Jesus that strengthen us.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Feb, 2009 02:12 PM

As Leon says, there would be a LOT of questions. The previous folks answered the religious part....I am going to address the wordly part. He would HAVE to be checked over from top to bottom if he has been sexually active in any way no matter with what gender.

Having waited this many years, I will NOT knowingly endanger myself because of someone else's past "indiscretions". That may not be the kindest of answers, but the diseases that are so prevalent today can cause intense suffering and death.

I have had the "priviledge" of sitting through the school STD talk way too many times (Blech). While I realize God is the creator of everything and can do anything He chooses, He also expects me to be a good steward. That includes of my body. Knowingly playing Russian Roulette with STDs is NOT being a good steward.

You know, this hearkens back to the arranged marriage issue. Hmmm, if a person were set up in an arranged marriage with someone who used to believe himself/herself homosexual, should the other person blindly go through with it? You know my answer from reading above, but I would delight in hearing yours.

Page : 1 2 3