Author Thread: THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN SITE!!!! BE WARNED CHRISTIANS!!!!
Admin

THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN SITE!!!! BE WARNED CHRISTIANS!!!!
Posted : 27 Apr, 2012 07:33 AM

Ok, before you read what I'm going to say next, let me first clarify that it's NOT my intention to offend anyone.

Let me first provide you with a background of what let me to my conclusion,

I joined recently, about 1 weeks time...I'm not a big fun of any social sites, I don't have FB account, twitter,etc, you name it I don't have an account.

Main reason for that is that we Humans (including me), we're evil by origin without GOD. If it's easy enough already to mislead or hurt someone face to face, just image the damage you can do by hiding behind a computer.

This site has been probably my 1st and my last social site I will ever join.

Don't get me wrong, there are some "True" Christians in this site, which is wonderful to see and to talk to. And so my warning is for those Christians, if you have come to this site with the hope in GOD to find someone...

Please note the following...

There are people who are not Christians, or say that they are but they're not.

There are people who will just hide behind a few verses of the bible and that's it.

This site allows for non-Christians to join, I don't remember ticking a box of YES, I'm a Christian you can join.

NO, you cannot join. (You can always lie, but then again you will be lying)

IF anyone can join, then why call it "Christian"Dating??? We trying to mislead people into believing that this is a Christian site, in which it is not???

And this is clearly seen and experienced by Christians here...

If I'm receiving an IM from someone, the least you can do is to say HI back.

You don't have to be interested in the person, or even like the person.

But as a follower of Jesus I believe that If someone takes their time to write to me, it's to my utmost respect for me to spend a little time responding back.

without any obligation, or anything. It's called Mutual Respect.

But as you know and probably would had experienced, this doesn't happen...

It's also interesting that after only a few days I've joined...

A non-christian user of the site, gave me the following warnings...

There are people here that will use this site not to start a real relationship, but use a relationship to obtain a visa entry to a particular country.

And this applies to both, MEN & WOMEN.

And of course, there are people that will also discriminate against certain people from other developing or undeveloped countries. So much for the word Christian to mean something eh?

I'm sorry that I had to say this, I was expecting maybe something else..., something better...

If you're a Christian, you would need to be extra careful, at least in other dating sites, people don't go claiming that they're Christian if they're not.

If you have come here to find faith, I would suggest you to turn back to 3 things that the scripture says that will guarantee you faith....

Prayer, Bible & Worship/Fellowship (Church)

Remember...

Psalm 118:8

"It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man."

What we have done is we lowered the meaning of What "Christian" stands for.And so what "CHRIST" stands for.

You have been warned.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2012 11:53 AM

Monk,

Like I've posted before, they are good and bad people everywhere, even at a Christian Dating Site. True, they may be some people on the site who aren't "true" Christians or even Christians at all. Moreover, even if you take the time to write someone or email or IM and you don't get a response from that person, it doesn't mean that the person isn't a Christian for not responding to you! People are people and there is no law saying that because you reach out to someone that he or she should do the same. Don't worry so much.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2012 05:07 PM

@OP:

Surely you've read the parable of the weeds? It should not surprise you that wherever you find the so-called "true" Christians, there you will also find the back-slidden and the pretenders. But like in the parable, don't worry about it because God knows who are His and who aren't, and He alone will judge between men.

Ditto for deciding who is and isn't a Christian - that's not your place to judge and your interpretation of what makes a Christian is only one of many. I'm a firm believer that God is far more merciful than we are, because He loves more than we do :yay:. Who ends up in heaven will surprise all of us!

I've had people question whether I'm really a Christian (usually when I won't do something they demand or expect) and it has caused me to doubt myself, but God has always lifted me with tenderness and encouragement (and sometimes with chastisement it has to be said). I know who I am, because I know Him, and who He is, and what He's said...

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2012 07:05 PM

I believe you're correct. This site has never professed faith in Christ.

Which causes one to wonder... can a website profess faith in Christ?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2012 08:56 AM

I agree that you have to be very careful about this site or ANY other site online for that matter. I have come to realize what scammers do, say, ect. I NEVER give out any personal information. Not email, not facebook, not my real name, etc. I have only talked to one person from this site on the phone, and that's only because I know I can trust him. There have been many scammers I've run into and a lot of them have gotten banned because I turn them in. I don't play games with that.

I think the purpose of advertising this site as a Christian site is, of course, for the real Christians to find other Christians to get to know. In chat, someone to talk to that are like-minded in Jesus Christ. And of course there is no way for the administrator of the site not to pass non-Christians through on the site, but to name it as a Christian site is meant to give Christians a place to come to be with other Christians.

Does this always work? NO, of course not! But you learn who you can trust and who you can't. You are exactly right! There are people who join the site and profess to be Christians who really aren't. So, if you talk to them, really watch what they are saying. If they ask you to converse with them through email, for Pete's sake don't give it out!! That is a clear warning right there in the beginning of the stie in big red letters, if I'm not mistaken. And my thought on the email thing is this...WHY PEOPLE, why do they want your email address when you do the same exact thing on this sited??? You IM on here JUST LIKE you do on yahoo, etc. Why email when you send messages on this site??? Get to know them before you give all that out.

If a person's profile sounds like well written English, but when they message you, they say little things like, "I WILL like to meet you, instead of I WOULD like to meet you...they are not speaking correct English. It's a scammer people!!

If their first message tells you you're beautiful right off the bat, or says flattering things like that...they don't know you from Adam at that point!! It's a scammer people! If you won't give our your personal info and they suddenly have to go, or never contact you again, it's most likely...a scammer.

One example that may not ALWAYS be a scammer, but is questionable to me are the guys who IM you before even sending a message, and ask you if you are single or not. REALLY????? Or they say my name is whatever, what's yours? Really??? They ask you questions that are clearly in your profile yall, which means most likely they have just gone through and looked at pics and just IM'd without reading your profile!! My answers to those guys are simply, when asked, "your name?" I comment "I go by JC." Are you single? IT'S IN MY PROFILE!! DUH!!! "What are your hobbies? "I can post a pic later or send it to you." By the time they are finished with their non sense I'm talkin to myself in disbelief that people would really go for those guys.

I truly hope I haven't been offensive to anyone. If any of you know me from chat, you know that I'm a Christian, and I'm not rude with people. Even if I think the person in the message or IM is a scammer, I still talk to them and when they ask personal stuff, it's like a light bulb above my head, ya know?

Sorry to go on and on...if I sound mean.. (lol)...read my profile...it's called KY SASS. LOL! :ROFL:

God bless ALL of you here at the site!

JC

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2012 09:05 AM

Case in point: I just checked my inbox....3 scammers banned. Nuff said.

NONE of what I have said is meant to speak negatively of this site!! I have met some really great people on here! And it helps me so much to be able to come here and talk to friends. It gives me something to do, and the interaction is good for me. I've found several on here that I trust.

Sometimes the Lord can give you the spirit of discernment in trying to tell who is truly a Christian and who is not. You can still be fooled, I won't say you won't. But I think all we can do is be alert.

God bless you all!!

JC

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2012 10:25 PM

Hi JC,

I do agree with most of what you said, but I would have to say it is not always bad English that means a person is a scammer. More times that not, it is.

However, in defense of non-scammer non-native English speakers, I would say that I have met a couple of nice guys on here. One was from Egypt and one from Pakistan. One of them definitely had problems communicating in English. The other one definitely did not write completely standard English as I know it.

It is more what a person writes than the mistakes (or different language) in it. I do, however, tend to be more careful when I see that the English is non-standard. If a person says he wants to meet me in the first e-mail, be it with "will" or "would," I would definitely be very skeptical.

I suppose a word to some people, I (and maybe others in the western world) don't like lots of flowery language when writing to me in the first few e-mails.

Yes, in answer to the OP, there are non-Christians on this site. Maybe we can be some light to them.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2012 08:58 AM

Yes, I agree that we might be a light to them. It would be good of even one person got saved by listening to others on here talk about the Lord.

I didn't mean to specify any certain nationality to be scammers. The ones I have come in contact with, however, have been scammers for the most part. I'm saying if their profile grammer, and their grammer in their message is totally different, something is wrong there. If their grammer is the same in their profile and their messages give them a chance, by all means! I am definitely not saying it can only be one nationality. I know wonderful people on here who are of many different nationalities. And it's so great to see people come together like that, isn't it hun!

Thank you for your input. I appreciate you for reading!

God bless ya sweetie.

JC

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2012 12:45 PM

im afraid that i have to agree also. though i have dyslexia which means my spelling is not that good. but i assure that anyone that knows or wants to know me that i am a god fearing man who loves jesus will all my heart. also

god bless you all

:angel:

:yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2012 08:56 PM

In most churches, you will find some people who aren't actually Christians. Does that mean the church isn't a Christian church? Of course it doesn't. Same thing is true of this site. But even though not everyone is a Christian, the likelihood of finding a Christian here is a lot greater than a non-Christian site.

Yes, there are people simply seeking a visa to get out of their country. That's one reason I have the "Block users outside of United States" box checked. (The main reason though is that I actually want to be able to meet people, not just write to them)

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2012 02:46 AM

It does not mean that people outside United States are only seeking for visas,there are so many reasons why people are on this site.The very same people from United States can still cheat you for one thing or the other,you could still meet a person from your own country and still come out with sorrow or be in a sour relationship.Like i said earlier, people are here for many different reasons,it could be they are looking for a another way of life,or to better themselves in other countries and one way of doing that is to find love outside your own country.And again if you think people from outside your country are looking for visas then you do not know what you are talking about because at the end of the day that person will NEVER EVER be GRANTED VISA without A LETTER OF SUPPORT AND ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FROM YOU.So please just be focused on Jesus Christ and God will grant your secrete pertition,God will never give you a stranger from another country if you do not want them,the word of God says every good and perfect gift comes from above.

Remain blessed in Jesus christ and rejoice

Page : 1 2 3