Author Thread: Serious Question
ReBeLovesYou

View Profile
History
Serious Question
Posted : 3 Oct, 2012 12:29 AM

Do you view a girl who has come out of an abusive relationship any different then someone who has never encountered the pain of it?

I mean from experience, guys talk to me like they feel sorry for me instead of getting to know me...

Searching4Hisbest

View Profile
History
Serious Question
Posted : 20 Jun, 2013 12:42 AM

We all have a history, including difficult experiences. Women who have been through domestic abuse struggle with some very specific issues, and one of them is trusting themselves to have healthy boundaries in all of their personal relationships (romance, friendships, family, coworkers, etc.) As Christians, we have a beautiful identity in Christ that unfortunately is not always known to us. Domestic Abuse is about power and control, and the psychological aspects of the whole dynamic are far more damaging than any beating. It is important to give yourself time to heal and grow and learn who you are and what God says about marriage and love and respect and who we are. It takes time. It's hard work. Surviving is very difficult. But moving into thriving takes amazing courage. And it is well worth it. It's a long, hard road, but it is oh so worth it! When the time is right, you'll know when and how to tell your story.

Oh, and one more thing, don't ever forget: you are His, made in His image, to reflect one unique and amazing faccet of His Personality to the rest of us... and YOU SHINE...

Page : 1 2