Author Thread: Sex and the single Christian
simple63

View Profile
History
Sex and the single Christian
Posted : 15 Mar, 2009 08:34 PM

How do Christians view sex before marriage? Do you think it strengthensd a relationship before marriage? I have been approached by several christians who think it is okay

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2009 01:35 PM

I know some good christian guys who have waited and are waiting for a virtious woman who will not lower her standards.

The ones who have found will tell you it is worth the wait to be given such and amazing and precious gift that has not been shared by any one else.

It is definitely worth the wait

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 May, 2009 05:30 AM

Im 18 and it amazes me that when people ask me if Im a virgin and I say yes they are shocked.

It's almost as if the human society expects us to have sex. I hate that.

pepsi777

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 May, 2009 08:06 PM

I recently heard, from a non-chrisitan man who wanted to date me, that I should be out there gaining experience and experimenting... I believe with all my heart that Sex is a God given gift and meant for maximum pleasure, but is only blessed and sanctified within a marriage. "All have sinned and come short of perfection" and I know Jesus understands temptation, but He calls us to be different from the world and if two people who completely surrender their lives to the Lord are willing to work hard at saving "the best stuff" for marriage God will truly bless them. I love sex and intimacy and miss it very much.. but I'm waiting for the man God has for me.. to be fully his....

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 May, 2009 08:05 AM

AMEN THAT IS BLESSED

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 May, 2009 08:52 PM

That's what I believe. If you wait. God will reward you.

Im about to turn 19 and Im still a virgin. Never been kissed either.

Never had a boyfriend.

God will send me someone when it's my time.

Right now I'll just concentrate on graduating from college with honors.

Becoming a band director.

I've still got at least 5 more years to go. So I'll wait till the end of those 5 years before I even think of marriage.

And I can wait.

For his reward will be so much better than sex now.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2009 12:33 PM

I think it is very cool that you all are talking about this subject and especially that it was started by a man.

It takes two in agreement about this subject for it to work. Two that love the Lord and each other enough to wait. I think it is wonderful that this one lady is still a virgin at her age.

I also believe that how we are raised and what we are taught as children plays a big part in weather or not we make it to your age and stay virgins. Also what we think of ourselves and how we value ourselves.

TV and even the commercials on TV are teaching our girls that they have to be sexy in order to get a man. It is teaching our men what to want and desire in a woman... None of it is good.

God help this world. God help all us Christians stay sexually pure until marriage, which can only be done by listening to the Holy Spirit constantly.

I met a guy that said he was a Christian the other day. We talked about being sexually pure until marriage after the third date. He said to me: "I have no problem with no sex before marriage, there are other ways to pleasure each other without sex" I said good bye and never saw him again...lol Too bad, I liked him but he was NOT a Christian with that attitude.

Can men wait? Now days the question is can a woman or a man wait? I would love to meet my God loving, God fearing man that would be willing to wait. Haven't yet and I am 54.

These true lovers of Christ are few and far between.

Lin

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2009 10:20 AM

I'm sooo grateful to hear you all talk about this. It is almost impossible to find a Christian now a days that believe in abstenence. It's sad.

I had to search myself and Gods Word for the answer.

In the King James Bible, God calls sex before marriage fornication. God is love but He is also Holy so He has to punish sin or He wouldn't be God. He has to balance the two.

I heard the best thing about sexual immorality and fornication. The new "versions" of the King James Bible call fornication, sexual immorality. The problem with that is, sexual immorality changes depending on what society determines it is but fornication has never changed it's meaning because thats the name God gave it. Read in the King James about the early church and how they were punished for it. Gods not some cream puff in the sky who will wink at our sin like we think He will.

I've committed fornication and let me tell you, if not for the Grace of God I wouldn't have made it through it. Look at the depression, anger problems, drunkeness, credit card debt, not to mention suicide rate in this country. We're reaping for our sin in this country and hopefully some preachers will get a backbone and preach against it. I'm blessed to have come out of one that did but I still fell into it. God will sometimes give you what you desire and then let you be absolutley miserable in it for a time to make you realize just how daming it is. I talk to l teens in public schools and people our age to tell them, IT'S NOT WORTH IT! GOD WANTS TO BLESS US SATAN WANTS TO DESTROY US AND OUR JOY BECAUSE WHAT IS OUR JOY? IT IS OUR STRENGTH? Nothing will desroy oyour strength quicker than physical sin, the Bible says that forniccaion is a sin against our own bodies. A man by the name of Bill Gothard has researched different sins and found that they are specifically related to certain health problems. How amazing because the Bible talks about that we just haven't studied it out. An amazing woman by the name of Gail Riglinger has done a study on the King James 1611 Bible and she has found some amazing facts about the translated versions of the King James. They leave out about 60,000 words, no, I'm not kidding. Words on specific sins, the Blood, Jesus Christ being God, it will blow your mind but the TRUTH WILL SET US FREE. OUR COUNTRY IS IN TOTAL AND UTTER CAOUS BECAUSE WE HAVE STRAYED FROM GODS HOLY INSPIRED WORD.

Something to think about.

em

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 06:02 PM

HELLO FREN,

I DONT KNOW TO WRITE GOOD ENGLISH, I TOTALLY AGREE TO THAT, I THOUGHT ALL AMERICAN MEN DID NOT VALUE LOVE THANX TO MEET A FEW, I AM NOT MARRIED AND HAVE NOT KNOWN A MAN , WHEN I SAY THAT SOME AMERICAN MEN PITY ON ME , BUT I AM PROUD OF BEING THAT WAY BECAUSE WORD OF GOD SAYS SO, EVEN IN THOUGHT WE SHOULD KEEP OUSELF PURE WE NEED HOLY GHOST AND GRACE NOT BY OUR OWN EFFORT I KNOW THAT VERY WELL

HAZEL

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 05:39 PM

I feel so blessed and honored to be among all of you who are maintaining such a high standard even though it is not easy but in the end it is worth it and I am 46 and still waiting and still a virgin:applause::rocknroll::rocknroll::rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 03:25 PM

Ive just gone thru and re-read all of what you have written. I have never spoke to someone of the opposite sex that sees life as I do. This poem gives me hope for a future with another that is on the same plane as me.

Thank you michael

Page : 1 2 3 4 5