Author Thread: Sex and the single Christian
simple63

View Profile
History
Sex and the single Christian
Posted : 15 Mar, 2009 08:34 PM

How do Christians view sex before marriage? Do you think it strengthensd a relationship before marriage? I have been approached by several christians who think it is okay

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2009 11:35 PM

Great question...

you asked;

* Do you think it strengthens a relationship before marriage?

My answer is with-out a doubt... �NO�

if your Not in love �enough� before sex you won�t be afterwards.

You�ll lose his respect !! You must �Know� he loves you with-out any doubt, before you marry him. (sex).. And pray openly about it together. (open your hearts to each other)

I�ve often thought of the answer to sex before the marriage ceremony, myself,

I know there�s passages and some people out there that can tell you them, i can�t.

So i must rely on my heart and what i believe, God wants us to do.

* Be fruitful and multiply

* Be of the same yoke

* What God has �joined�(sex) together, let no-man put asunder.

I�ve never heard of a ceremony taking place in the Bible as we know it today.

Falling in love and what is Love ?

I believe it�s God talking to our hearts, saying,

�This is the one for you. This one, you can�t live with-out�

Being of equal yoke; The yoke is the center of the egg. ( The Heart ) Being the same yoke i believe means, being of the same heart to God and to each other, (A Love Triangle)

The Bible talks about, this one and that one �taking� a wife. I believe you become married in the eye�s of God when we make love. The court also sees it as a Common-Law Marriage.

I also think you must �know� the other persons heart, before sex. because you are entering into marriage when you do. I�ve heard it said, wait ten years, but at my age i think, it will take just one, to know their heart and if each of my days shines a little brighter when she�s near. Then the right words will be spoken by both of us and we�ll �know� the love is real.

Sex without love, is a lie.

Lust is wanting to please yourself and that�s just being selfish.

The things that will brake a marriage apart;

* Selfishness * Pride * Arrogance * Deceit

Things that will keep it together;

* Honesty * Fun * Selflessness * Respect

I think you�ve opened up a Great topic for discussion.

God Bless:yay:

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 05:54 AM

I believe that God designed sex for marriage and that every person you have sex with you leave a part yourself with them and they leave a part of themselves with you which leads to a lot of detached emotions with no ending or beginning in search of anything to give it meaning leaving a void that cannot be filled because it is not that perfect fit.m

This is the danger I feel you face with sex before marriage.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 11:31 AM

You are so right in the fact that you leave a part of yourself with each other.

but what i'm saying is,( Sex is Marriage )

So it's imposable to have sex before marriage.

In other words if your not ready for marriage your not read for sex..

Marriage isn't a white gown and preacher.

Marriage is between two people that God has joined .. Not Man.

Bless you sister in your walk with God

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 01:08 PM

I totally agree with you

Amen

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 05:47 AM

I grew up in a Christian school than transfered over to a public school. Where all the kids where drinking, smoking, doing drugs, and having sex. I was considered weird. I just laugh and look at them. " Sorry I DON"T drink, WON"T do drugs, NEVER will smoke. And personaly sex is stupid unless your married.

Sorry there is just to many risks especially for girls.

1. You could end up pregnant at a very young age with no husband to support and help you raise the child so from the beginning the child is already messed up in some way without a dad.

Im in a college band and we all know that band people drink and stuff. When we go on trips to out of town games and stuff everyone else drinks and I dont. They all think I'm just weird and I shake my head. I have my standards you have yours.

So my opinion on sex before marriage is. NO NO NO NO.

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 08:31 AM

It is nice to know that young people still have standards no matter the pressures that surround them to lower them.

Never lower your standards, and always hold out for the best for you which is God' s best sex in marriage not out of.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 04:09 PM

Yes 18 and I believe in no sex before marriage, no drugs, no smoking, and no alcohol.

Just seeing how all that stuff affects people I rather live my life not like that.

are_oh_en

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 09:29 PM

I really appreciate you guys being so honest and from the heart. It is so hard being a Christian at times when there are so many temptations like sex trying to draw is into a life full of pain and loneliness. If two people are not strong enough together to not have sex before marriage how do they expect to get through every other day and all of the challenges they will surely face? To be in a non sexual relationship, I believe , helps to bring great strength and respect for one another between two people. May god be with you all through our many struggles. There is always a light and a way out which the gas provided for us. See the light and follow the light. You will find him there. God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 10:23 AM

I just want to say I agree with you 100 percent that is an unpopular but wise oppinnion and im so thankful to hear it from someone besides me I love you for that lol

simple63

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2009 01:58 PM

I would like to put myself out there. I am 45 years old and still a virgin. I have had oppurtunities and controlling the flesh is not easy, and by the world standards I am considered strange but I sitll hold to my standards.

The few men I have told I am a virgin do not believe me.

I believe if more women would just say no, then being a virgin would not be a thing of the past, it would be something to be proud of not ashamed of.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5