Author Thread: Sex and the single Christian
simple63

View Profile
History
Sex and the single Christian
Posted : 15 Mar, 2009 08:34 PM

How do Christians view sex before marriage? Do you think it strengthensd a relationship before marriage? I have been approached by several christians who think it is okay

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jul, 2009 05:21 PM

Sex is God's wedding present, and it is not to be opened early!

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 03:44 PM

1 Corinthians speaks clearly:

"Now the body [is] not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make [them] the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" (verses13,15-19)

I think that, somehow, our bodies suffer with that practice, and also our minds, our souls, our spirits. Besides, Bible calls harlot those who practice fornication.

I have said no. I will say no.

I will have to say "I do" before :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 03:46 PM

I like what you wrote. Very true!

godsknightone

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 01:16 PM

thank you for your post- i wrestle with the same question and many christian singles struggle with the question too because of our need for affection and intimacy. However, without commitment, I don't think that sex while dating would help a christian relationship grow.

Kit1007

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 07:57 AM

I just stumbled onto this...I realize it is older, but just wanted to encourage you...You remind me of my daughter who is in her 2nd year of college and will be 20 soon....I wish I could connect the two of you..I think you would make great girlfriends:glow: As I tell her, don't make the same mistakes I have...stick to your faith and God will bless you...Keep up the good work, I'm sure your parents are proud of you!!!!

Kit1007

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 12:45 AM

Just wanted to make it clear I was responding to LaurenBrooke888......Thanks

Kupuanani

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2010 02:00 PM

I am 51 and still a virgin. I think that you are right and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

God knows you and that's all that matters. Stay true to God. It is hard sometimes, but I view it as my ultimate commitment to Him.

:yay:

Dolfanatic

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2011 04:17 AM

If a man, or a woman, cannot control their sexual urges before marriage, how can you trust them to control them when married? If you have a man telling you that sex is OK before marriage, run as fast as you can. You have no guarantee that he will remain faithful to a marriage.

cleanwoman

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2011 05:18 AM

I am 45 years old and still a virgin like you and I don't care if I have tell some man I am a virgin do not believe me it is my proud. I believe like the book of Heb.13.4 said. Thanks to read.

pepsi777

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2011 09:45 PM

i think people have for4gotten that God calls us to women and men after His heart. No one is perfect, and God understands when we mess up, that is what his grace is all about. But I also think it's not:yay: a good idea to go into something planning on going head first into sin. We should try to avoid it and thank God for His grace when we fail,

Page : 1 2 3 4 5