Author Thread: Johovas Witness
niafransisca

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 17 Apr, 2013 01:49 AM

Hi:waving:

Can anyone tell me bout Johovas Witness? Is it one of denomination in christianity?

Thanks

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 17 Apr, 2013 08:19 AM

Honestly, I can't tell you much except they came aknockin' this morning! You can Google Jehovah's Witness & learn some stuff. Personally, I would stay away from anything "cultish" if you are searching.

niafransisca

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 18 Apr, 2013 10:20 PM

@NRSV

:waving:

Thx for taking the time to write :) i didnt have any interest until one of my bff married to one. N she claims that its oke because it is still christian based and not a cult.

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 21 Apr, 2013 04:59 PM

Jehovah's Witness' claim to be a Christian group, however they reject key beliefs held by all the established denominations; the most important being that Jesus is the Son of God and our only hope of salvation (this despite the fact that it clearly alludes to this in Isaiah 9:6 in their own bibles!). They also believe that only the 144,000 (from Revelation) will be saved.

As always, test the spirits, check what they teach and see whether it holds with what the bible (as a whole) says. Don't let them pick and choose bits of scripture to argue their case as Satan did with Jesus in the wilderness! This is why it is so important to really know your bible - it truly is the sword to cut through lies and deceit...

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 23 May, 2013 08:26 AM

Ive debated several of them who "stopped by". I do know that they dont believe in an actual Hell. They believe that Hell is actually the grave. We usually got stuck at that point in the debate.

eddieth4

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 4 Aug, 2013 12:26 PM

I'm not writing this to start a negative debate with anyone on here. I just feel I can clarify a few things about JW's since I used to be one. They do believe Jesus is the perfect son of God who willingly came to earth and sacrificed his life for the sins of imperfect men. And as far as the number 144,000. They believe all men and women are capable of being saved. Most of those saved though they believe will reside on a new, restored earth talked about in 2 Peter, Revelations and elsewhere, while the 144,000 selected by God the Father (Jehovah) are taken to heaven to rule as kings and priests for 1,000 years either during or after the 'Great Tribulation'. Lastly I'll say that they only worship God the Father and don't believe that Jesus is equal to God, despite being willing to follow Jesus as the head of the Church and their lord and savior....

Based on this info I'm not sure whether someone of a different denomination would consider them Christian as well...but I hope at least I've given a clearer understanding of what exactly they believe! :-)

May everyone have a successful search for someone 'evenly yoked'!....

loukas

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 20 Oct, 2013 12:36 PM

[url]http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/john/1/?cb=nwt[/url]

[quote]In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word [u][b]was a god.[b][/u][/quote]

Well, JW bible says the Lord, Yeshua HaMachiach, is a god.

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 21 Nov, 2013 12:47 AM

As soon as someone tries to bludgeon me over the head with technical details and jargon the way JW's do my attention switches off and my tolerance switches one. If someone can't summarize something to you in plain simple language he's probably trying to fool you somehow.

Cantoscarlos69

View Profile
History
Johovas Witness
Posted : 11 Dec, 2013 07:06 PM

yes