Author Thread: Going dutch?
Admin

Going dutch?
Posted : 25 Mar, 2009 10:13 AM

Hey! Ladies,

What do you think of a guy who want's to go dutch on a first meeting/date? Would you still go? Would you think differently of him for asking?

Blessings, Lydia

ltcande

View Profile
History
Going dutch?
Posted : 4 Apr, 2009 03:50 PM

I do agree that you should definitely be able to afford a date if you're dating, let alone if YOU ask HER out, but the bigger issue to me is the principle. If you have half a mil in your bank account and you want to go dutch to be "modern" or "equal," to me, that's a turn off. I look for a man who WANTS to be a provider and a protector. Not to say I'm against treating him later on every once in a while, but while I'm getting to know someone, he needs to show me what kind of man he wants to be.

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Going dutch?
Posted : 5 Apr, 2009 02:02 PM

My father has taught me that it is up to the man to get the woman's approval. I also think that the Bible matches because Christ paid the price for our sins so that we would be saved and become his Bride. Still, I do have the opinion that, if I planned out the date, I should be the one to pay out of courtesy and I wouldn't mind doing such things, but it is mainly up to the man.

I'm sorry guys if that sounds unfair, but many women would also feel it is unfair that only men can be preachers. It's not a matter of how we feel about it; it matters what God says is right. Even if there wasn't something in the Bible about it, it also says to honor the parents, and I would honor my father's wishes.

...I should add this on profile.

Holly2U

View Profile
History
Going dutch?
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 02:33 PM

I just saw a profile this morning that said he wanted dutch treat and that way there was no obligation on either side. I thought on the surface that sounds fine, but isn't this suppose to be a Christian site, where no woman or man should EVER feel that paying for a date should obligate anyone to do anything other than say "Thank you!" He may be for real but I think thats not really the reason at all and I have to say I just kept on moving!

Julia

View Profile
History
Going dutch?
Posted : 29 Apr, 2009 05:59 AM

I have no problem going dutch, but understand I will only see you as a friend. And if that is how you want to start the relationship fine, say that out front. But understand I have male friends (truely friends who have girlfriends they are very happy with), already in my life that I have go to battle to pay my part of the bill, you want to know why? Because a man, a true man, feels it is his job to take care of every female "in" , as in he cares for her, his life. On a first date put some effort into a date, and the first being the most important. Because first impressions do matter, for me I do my nails, do the toes, essential in the summer months with open toe shoes, I do them even in the winter because I know even if no one else does, clean my car from top to bottom, iron every piece of clothing I am wearing, and the hair has to be just so so. I do not think how can I get a short cut in these things, so why should a man? And after reading the book, "Act like a lady~think like a man", I confirmed what I already knew, a man a true man wanting to have a relationship with you will want to pay for the dates, until the relationship gets on a deeper level, and then he will still feel it is his job to take care of you, if he sees you as the "one". If you are just fun, for now, or until the "one" comes along, then he will just do whatever he can to get by. I know my worth and I will not back down. So bring it on, have us pay for our half, just don't be shocked when we see you as just a friend.

93georgiagirl

View Profile
History
Going dutch?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 08:00 PM

I believe that chivalry is still alive and well and that most men want to be the provider on a date and in life. I would be put off by a man suggesting dutch treat in the beginning of a reationship.

I am looking for the fairytale that some of my friends have - a man who will take care of me and love me like Christ loved the church,protect me, give me his jacket when I'm cold, open the door for me, provide for me, etc., etc., etc. God programmed men and women differently, and this fiminist movement that erroneously states that men and women are equal has messed us up in a lot of ways.

A real man is what I'm looking for, and I want to be treated like a lady.

I read an older gentleman's (widower) profile on here, and he stated that he was financially secure with a debt free home, but he would only date if it were dutch treat. That's just cheap, and I wish I would have messaged him and told him so. I bet he hasn't had many takers or winks.

niceguyphx

View Profile
History
Going dutch?
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 03:32 AM

I wanted to send you an email, but I couldn't, because I'm older than you by 1 year.

Rosemarie00

View Profile
History
Going dutch?
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 11:53 AM

I agree if a man is not willing to spend a little money for dinner I would have nagitive thoughts toward him.

Is this man is not willing to take the lead what kind of a spiritual leader would he be.

I pray that we will all come closer to Jesus.

Rose

Page : 1 2