Author Thread: Thoughtline..........reloaded!
Dannygal

View Profile
History
Thoughtline..........reloaded!
Posted : 25 Dec, 2013 07:05 AM

'I was hungry; you fed me'

'I naked you clothed me'

'I was a stranger; you took me in'

There was a time I only saw the phrase in the light of food, clothing and shelter. I did feed any hungry soul that passed my way, gave out my clothes and would not close out a stranger. Well, that was easy because I love to share.......

Then I started thinking deep about what Jesus said. I realized this was whole life time of God's expectations of us as we relate with one another. It was humbling to just drop my 'holier than thou' attitude and go to God for forgiveness. It dawned on me how much there is to do in reaching out to others. We eat food and soon we hunger! Clothing go out of fashion or simply wear out! The stranger soon or later leaves!

What of those who hunger for love, attention, affirmation, care, justice, the list is long........? How do we treat them? Or do we simply sit serene on our pedestal and assume it is 'their' world?

How do we handle confidentiality? Or privileged information? Or what we know about another person's weakness? How many times have you left a person stack naked through gossip, malice, ill motive, betrayal......the list is long? Many people are depressed because their very friends or relatives stripped them naked and left them vulnerable!

How do we behave towards those who are rejected, hurting, discriminated, minority, less privileged, weak, those who do not fit your world? Do you at one time consider them strangers? How accommodative are we?

I have learnt it is very easy to judge others in ignorance. Jesus said whatsoever we do to the least of them, we do unto Him. I assure you every one of us have our weaknesses. Our human nature tend to want more and more at the expense of other people............then it is now another nose! Then we find no happiness at all. Only emptiness and more wants! No one is perfect but God. Judge no one, seek to make your world a better place for others. Accept yourself and others unconditionally. And bring sunshine to a world full of gloom and coldness. Then one day, Jesus will say to you,

'I was hungry; you fed me'

'I naked you clothed me'

'I was a stranger; you took me in'........enter into my rest.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A BLESSED NEW YEAR 2014!

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Dec, 2013 07:44 AM

:applause:

teach_ib

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Dec, 2013 05:53 PM

Good thoughts....thanks for sharing!