Author Thread: Can I get a real response from a man?
Admin

Can I get a real response from a man?
Posted : 2 Jan, 2008 07:16 PM

The question is...WHY?...do you think my guy friend is so moody with his feelings? One minute he is nice and fine then the next thing I know he seems totally not interested in me . We have been dating for 5 months now?...

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2008 04:53 AM

what ever you were doing keep doing that to keep him interested in you.and not on the phone,make him feel like he is the only one.every man likes that. [email protected]

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2008 08:40 AM

It may have nothing to do with you. He may just be moody.

But remember while dating he is on his best behavior. What about his family members, what is he like around them? Does he make excuses for himself or face the reality that no one makes him anything. We all choose our

responses. "Rejoice in the Lord always" & "Give thanks IN all cricumstances". It doesn't mean we go around with big plastic smiles on, after all if it did we would not have half of the Psalms. It could be maturity, instability, hormones, or just the loss of a favorite team. It could be he gets what he thinks he wants in life & it does not fulfill him like he expects.

2 Sam. 13 for an extreme example.

He is he & you are you. If he tries to make you feel bad cause he feels bad, not good. If you automatically feel bad cause he feels bad [instead of just being curious why he is feeling bad], not good. You can't "cure" him. If its legit you can support him.

Anyway, hope this helps in some small way.

Sully

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2008 04:34 PM

Is he withdrawing or seem to be going in and out of depression ? This could be a sign of bi-polar disorder. At the same time it could be a sign of a regret for a lost love he hasn't gotten over. Why not ask him this directly ?

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2008 07:38 PM

GOD bless you sweetie for wanting to help out your man.

I would have to agree with most of your other responses; he may be dealing with past hurts and past issues.

Ask him in a loving form, in a way that shows you care if he has some unforgiveness in his heart or if someone really hurt him in the past. Then help him settle this unforgiveness or hurt. It will draw you guys closer thus bonding you better in the relationship.

T:goofball:mie

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Apr, 2008 02:39 PM

Could be lots of reasons. Could be an issue he hasnt had the courage to talk to u about, could be a situation in his life (trouble at work, etc) that is getting to him, could be a medical condition. The best thing u could do is talk to him about it, and then go from there.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2008 07:57 AM

I must say that judging from your profile and the way you hold yourself, it's definitely not something that you have caused. Really, there are only two options on this then: Either your fella is going through something in his life right now that is causing him to act this way, which in turn would change once he is through that period in his life, or the second option is that he really is like that, and he will most likely never change being like that. I'm not suggesting anything for you and your relationship, I just want to through out something that I ask myself on everyone of my relationships, and I think it has saved me alot of heartache and wasted time. The question is as follows: This man/woman I am with is doing something I don't like or approve of in our relationship. Is this something that I can live with, or even want for the rest of my life? Once you can truthfully answer this to yourself, the same answer is the answer to if you should continue to see this person, because I am a firm believer in not waisting time in a relationship unless the other is a possibility for marriage. Again, this is just my take on the situation, I'm sure there is much more involved than what we have heard, but this is what my take is from what I have heard.

chatnoah

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 03:21 PM

well you see ,

he isnt me. :rolleyes:

and thats of course not his fault, there can be only one me. lol

But praise God He sees that You have a need and has someone special for you. My qualities arent unique by the way, without Christ i am nothing.

the answer is , any brother in the Lord that God graces with your company has the ability by His Spirit to love you with consistancy, fairness, and even temporment. If He can work even one of those virtues in me, i know He can anyone.

in Him,...mark

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2008 04:01 PM

If a guy is making you feel bad all The Time For His Lack Of Maturity About Life Then Something Isn't Right Then!!! Then it time to seek other options out!!! As a women we deeply know when something is wrong and when we aren't treated farily but we ask ourselves well I am doing all that I can in This Relationship and he not doing a darn thing!!! If your not being appreciated and your not feeling Happy,Appreciated or wanted or Cherished then it time to move on!!! If both people don't have The Same Goal in a Relationship To Seek Out The Best Interest Of The Other Person And See What Makes Them Happy Then It Will Never Work!!!

~Hopes That Helps~

~Lynda~

gr8rLuv

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2008 06:26 PM

I know this is coming 7 months late, and I don't know if you are still dating this person. I guess I might offer my response for possible future reference.

I believe that this person may have intermittent low self-esteem issues. In case no one has told you, you are a super attractive woman. This man may feel secure at times, while other times he may feel he is slightly out of his league, and as a defense mechanism, he may be triggered in certain circumstances to become introverted, maybe as a display of a machismo, to play it off as though he doesn't need you or that he can find better.

Things that can trigger this behavior could include your praise of another male figure such as a co-worker or friend, or by you engaging in conversation with another male in his presence or by talking often about another male figure. He may be trying to hide his jealousies and insecurities. Reacting in this cold and distant manner may be the only way he knows how to handle the situation.

This is my assumption as a man and also as a human being.

May the Lord multiply His grace and mercy to you, and may He provide you with your true love and soul mate.

gr8rLuv

a.k.a. Mike

>

gr8rLuv

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Aug, 2008 07:01 PM

P.S. It takes, at the very minimum, one year of knowing a person to truly see their true colors. Just like the four seasons of the year, we as people have winter, spring, summer and fall dimensions...Wait for your Isaac, don't settle for Ishmael. Though he may tarry, wait.

Page : 1 2 3