Author Thread: Will you submit?
Admin

Will you submit?
Posted : 15 May, 2009 09:39 PM

Hi ladies,

I believe strongly that the reason so many marriages fail today is that we are not accepting our God given roles in marriage.

So I ask you this ladies, are you willing to submit to your husband, even when a decision he is about to make might be a mistake?

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Blessings, Lydia

copasetic

View Profile
History
Will you submit?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 07:34 AM

1 Corinthians 14:33-35 states, "...As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

Yikes, so much for my argument that women are equal and holy before god like everyone else....sorry ya'll...eisegesis wins yet again. :goofball: Maybe some day we will get it...but Jesus had lots of scribes and pharisees talking him down in His day too, and they didn't listen then either...oh well, hugs to everyone!:waving:

View Profile
History
Will you submit?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 08:56 PM

No, I must admit I have not ever been with a man of whom I would trust to be my spiritual head, except my current Pastor...I do indeed trust him. He is a good man and good to his family. He is only human and does make mistakes, but even when his humanity is exposed, I still see Christ in him. I greatly respect that and am so very thankful to finally have a man like him in my life. He is sweet to his wife and I think its adorable how they interact.

With all my heart I desire to be able to trust a man like that as my husband, but like you said a relationship is 50/50 and I intend to always be responsible for myself. I think each mate should equally submit to each other out of love and respect.

I sincerely like what you had to say...thank you for your response.

Blessings..

View Profile
History
Will you submit?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 08:58 PM

BTW, I was responding to Justintyme's response.:glow:

View Profile
History
Will you submit?
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 01:06 PM

Lydia and Lynn have the right idea I am actually working on something to post to teh men on what they see as the wifes role.. MANY owmen think I am insane when I tell them I believe its the mans role to be teh head of the house and if he is looking to God first I do not think he will make a huge mistake because we all know that ANY man who is worth having is going to value your thoughts and take them into considerattion and act as he sees fit for God and the family

bluescorpion

View Profile
History
Will you submit?
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 03:45 PM

Hello Lydia,

I am sure that you have very good intentions here, and it is Biblical for wives to submit to their husbands, in most things. However, it is just as Biblical for the husbands to submit to the Lord, and to love their wives as the Lord loves the Church. Many times this is overlooked as well in a marriage, thereby, ultimately and equally contributing to the failure factor. There is a Big difference in being submissive and submersive. I know some women who are overly submissive to the point that they are more concerned it seems, about what their husband thinks and wants over what God himself desires for them. Sometimes even when the decisions seem to be out of the will of God, which can negatively impact the whole family! When a woman puts her husband before God Himself, then he becomes her God. That my friend is what the Bible calls Idolatry. If the husband loves his wife as the Lord loves the church, he will not treat her with disrespect, inconcideration, or should we say, "like a doormat". Then, more than likely, the wife would be all to eager to submit to her husband, in return. To all you women out there who know what i'm talking about... Can I get an Amen?!

God Bless You All!

bluescorpion

Angelicah

View Profile
History
Will you submit?
Posted : 26 Dec, 2011 06:35 PM

I think we misinterpret the bible when it says women should submit to their husbands. When we use our own minds not our spirit being to interpret the word of God we will always go wrong. The woman was made out of a man's rib that should mean something. Why didn't God make a woman from scratch We should know that the word of God never changes.That's why families fall apart nowadays bcoz we don't do what God says. It does say women be slaves. The bible goes on to say husbands love only your wives. Those 2 scriptures are loaded. Men are meant to spiritual mentors to their wives,protectors,providers nd pillars of their families and women are to submit to that. When a man cooks for his wife that's a sign of love not weakness nd wen a woman bends down to give water to the husband that's respect not slavery.

Page : 1 2