Author Thread: We need REVIVAL!!
Admin

We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 16 Jan, 2008 11:58 PM

A friend emailed me this link and this is so powerful. It's a 10 minute sermon and it calls for revival in the churches, a standard of holiness that has been lost.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=70576cfb4a08e0311dae

Copied from website, description of video:

"The church of today is sick. Instead of we are changing the world, the world is changing the church! We need a revival in the Church worldwide, holiness and fear of the Lord needs to return in the church of today! You and me can make a diffrence.... This powerfull preaching is done by Eric Mccoy, message from FireOnTheAltar.com!"

We should all be praying for revival in our churches and our countries. If ever there was a time for a move of God, it is now.

God Bless.

MoKa

View Profile
History
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 15 May, 2008 08:37 PM

Today the Church NEEDS revival now more than ever... but there is such a lack of desperation. I completely agree that the world is changing the church... I just got out of college and the most upsetting thing that I've noticed is that we are creating a new breed of "politically correct" Christians where anything is ok, and you'll really go to heaven if you are a good enough person... This is dangerous because people are being mislead to feel secure in their salvation when they are not being told the truth.

Jesus, make us desperate for You. Give us boldness to speak up!

Remember... It only takes a candle to start a forest fire! ;)

View Profile
History
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 18 May, 2008 06:56 PM

I agree with the two of you totally!

God revive me, revive my brothers and sisters, revive your precious Body, the Church. Helps us to reach the lost and destitute with your heart of love. Give us the desire to be bold to reach this generation. Don�t allow our hearts to be cold, indifferent. Renew in us a clean heart; restore Holiness and fear of the Lord to your Bride, the one you redeemed with your precious blood. Bring us closer to you Lord, with a new passion.

And Father forgive us from our sins, from being complacent with every single new doctrine, for just being focused on ourselves, and for forgetting that are millions of souls that are going to hell without none standing on the gap for them�.

In Jesus Name

ephesians522

View Profile
History
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 9 Jun, 2008 03:17 PM

This has happened before. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 1

18The message about the cross doesn't make any sense to lost people. But for those of us who are being saved, it is God's power at work. 19As God says in the Scriptures,

"I will destroy the wisdom

of all who claim

to be wise.

I will confuse those

who think they know

so much."

20What happened to those wise people? What happened to those experts in the Scriptures? What happened to the ones who think they have all the answers? Didn't God show that the wisdom of this world is foolish? 21God was wise and decided not to let the people of this world use their wisdom to learn about him.

Instead, God chose to save only those who believe the foolish message we preach. 22Jews ask for miracles, and Greeks want something that sounds wise. 23But we preach that Christ was nailed to a cross. Most Jews have problems with this, and most Gentiles think it is foolish. 24Our message is God's power and wisdom for the Jews and the Greeks that he has chosen. 25Even when God is foolish, he is wiser than everyone else, and even when God is weak, he is stronger than everyone else.

26My dear friends, remember what you were when God chose you. The people of this world didn't think that many of you were wise. Only a few of you were in places of power, and not many of you came from important families. 27But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame.

28What the world thinks is worthless, useless, and nothing at all is what God has used to destroy what the world considers important. 29God did all this to keep anyone from bragging to him. 30You are God's children. He sent Christ Jesus to save us and to make us wise, acceptable, and holy. 31So if you want to brag, do what the Scriptures say and brag about the Lord.

Many of influence have turned their backs on God. Many think wealth equals wisdom. There are those that think they are wiser than God, that they know what is best for us all. Look in your neighborhood, how many churches are there? There are 69 in my city. We are a people divided. We must first be united in the name of the Lord before we can bring more to the flock. It is up to the Elders of the church to reach out to the influential, to share their wisdom. For those who don't listen, God has a plan on how they will be used.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 11 Jun, 2008 01:48 AM

Revivals key,,,,,,

To much energy is wasted on the ones who dont want him or who are always resisting him. It is not up to us to prove God to them, The scripture says they have ears and ((CANNOT HEAR)) ((EYES and CANNOT SEE)),,,,

,but unto use is given to know the mysteries of kingdom,,,,, for we HAVE EAR's and CAN HEAR and EYES and CAN SEE !

I have seen pastors give 90% of their time trying to keep someone saved in their church THAT DONT WANT JESUS, TAKING ALL HIS ENERGY while the 99% of their church does without.

One old man of god said if you dont want Jesus,,,, please stand up and let someone have your seat,,,

Now that might seem a little brash or agressive but I have stood, preached and dangled the benifits of god before lost people and said from the pulpits ,, that if you would give your life to God everything will work for you,, god will give you a new job,,, he will bring your wife back and your husband back, Yes I was young then,,,, that fact is we cannot attract a world changing life changing man or woman of God by dangeling Gods benifits before them....if he never does anything more than what he has already done for us then it is enough,,,,

There is something powerful about presenting the unadulterated cross and blood of jesus to the lost with a petition to become a servant to something that is bigger than man,,,, when that type of gosple is represented in the churches again like the apostles preached then we will stop drawing an inferior propduct to the house of God,,,,

I dont expect many to side with me on this but I know what causes men to give their lives to god and what causes men to just come as a relgious event,,,,,

Something bigger than me, something bigger than you is at work here,,,,,

CHRIST JESUS (( IS )) THE LIGHT of the WORLD!!! Thats not a question but a fact.

Revival at its best.is

Matt 4:16 The people which sat in darkness,

,,,,,,,,,,,, saw a great LIGHT;

,,,,,,,,,,,,,and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death ,,,,,,,,,,,,,light is sprung up.

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

View Profile
History
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 09:51 PM

I to yearn for revival, it what God has called me for. I seek a true national revival, not some emotional event, but rather a true return to living completely in accordance with God's Word. I have heard some say that America is to far gone for revival, but I look back to great revivals in the past and see that sometimes conditions were worse. We still serve the same God that Jonathan Edwards served. We still serve the same God the Dwight Lyman Moody served. God has not changed. If we dedicate ourselves totally to serving Him, than we can see mighty revivals break out, with thousands getting saved again.

jeshurun777

View Profile
History
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 22 Apr, 2009 04:16 AM

Dear Brother & Sisters I have posted my views regarding Revival!

In the Forum "Missions & Msionaries" on the following topic:"Biggest Mission field".Hope it will be informative and encouraging!

HarvestBible

View Profile
History
We need REVIVAL!!
Posted : 23 Apr, 2009 02:31 AM

Remember, the church is not bricks and buildings, it is ALL of Gods children. Therefore,we are the ones in need of revival. We are the ones that need to resist the worlds effect on us. We are the ones that need to cry out to the Lord. We are the ones that need to turn back to God's Word and put our faith in Him. With everything that is going on in this world today, what better chance do we have to show others who we put our hope and trust in?