Author Thread: how can two walk together unless they agree?
Prov356

View Profile
History
how can two walk together unless they agree?
Posted : 2 Aug, 2014 12:42 AM

Divorced since 1990 thats almost like what? 50 years :excited:

But seriously, if you are a practicing Christian you should not be unequally yoked. Look it up.

Lukia

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2014 12:15 AM

Yes its true you cannot walk together unless you are in agreement.

I'm a christian so I believe the guy I date must be a christian,not a muslim,not a hindu etc.

I don't hate any of those religions but I want somene who has the same believes so that we aren't in conflict all the time.

When I talk about Jesus he understands whom am talking about and so forth.

aurora80

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2014 01:41 AM

I agree. I wanted that as well when I married my first husband he said he was a christian and even acted the part until after the wedding band was on my finger.

My second husband was a friend of the family and had gone to our church all his life. Same thing after the ring went on my finger he did not resemble Jesus in any way shape or form.

Both of these men threw me out of the tent.

I tried one last time with my boyfriend of six years. He said he was a christian. For six years he has said he worships God in his own way and only went to church once. Just last week he threw me from the tent.

I have decided that Jesus will be my husband and I am trusting that he will take care of my needs.

I think I will find myself a wedding ring and have it engraved with "Bride of Christ". I am so done with the flesh and its desires. So not worth all the bother.

Through all this the Holy Spirit has been my comfort and my protection. Never letting me down...always there to catch my tears. I have met couples that are truly happy and walk this walk together as one. That just never happened for me so from now on I will walk with Jesus for the rest of my journey. His footsteps, I am sure will be the only ones you see at this time because my savior is carrying me and my broken heart. In time he will mend it and our footsteps will be seen side by side throughout eternity.

True Christian men are very hard to find. I do love to dance when I am full of the joy the lord has made. David danced and so will I when my cup is full of joy once more. I will dance with my Heavenly Father once again.

aurora80

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2014 01:56 AM

I agree. I wanted that as well when I married my first husband he said he was a christian and even acted the part until after the wedding band was on my finger.

My second husband was a friend of the family and had gone to our church all his life. Same thing after the ring went on my finger he did not resemble Jesus in any way shape or form.

Both of these men threw me out of the tent.

I tried one last time with my boyfriend of six years. He said he was a christian. For six years he has said he worships God in his own way and only went to church once. Just last week he threw me from the tent.

I have decided that Jesus will be my husband and I am trusting that he will take care of my needs.

I think I will find myself a wedding ring and have it engraved with "Bride of Christ". I am so done with the flesh and its desires. So not worth all the bother.

Through all this the Holy Spirit has been my comfort and my protection. Never letting me down...always there to catch my tears. I have met couples that are truly happy and walk this walk together as one. That just never happened for me so from now on I will walk with Jesus for the rest of my journey. His footsteps, I am sure will be the only ones you see at this time because my savior is carrying me and my broken heart. In time he will mend it and our footsteps will be seen side by side throughout eternity.

True Christian men are very hard to find. I do love to dance when I am full of the joy the lord has made. David danced and so will I when my cup is full of joy once more. I will dance with my Heavenly Father once again.

Aservantsheart^

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2014 06:58 PM

Hi, Aurora

Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life experiences with us. I really enjoyed reading your story.

Lisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2015 01:19 PM

Miss Aurora,

Our stories are almost identical and I feel much the same way! It sounds as if you have lost hope and understandably so. Please know though that you cannot maintain faith in the Lord without hope. The biblical definition of faith is "the substance of things HOPED for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1, KJV). Do you have faith in God Aurora? Then you must not lose hope dear.

I made my mind up much the same as you in that I am done with men and their false pretenses but I realized that that is not my decision to make if I truly want to live for Christ because His plan is much greater than anything I could ever hope to do for myself and His plan may just include a man in my future! I am convinced that it does and if God does bring a man to me then I am to be obedient in receiving, I sure don't want to miss out on an y blessing God has for me because I am being stubborn! The bible tells us after all �Therefore what God has joined together, let no MAN put asunder [ apart ]� (Matthew 19:6b). The key Aurora is to wait upon the Lord for His will to be done. God knows our heart's desires but He also knows what is best for us way beyond our own abilities and comprehension. In the meantime, work on healing your heart, mind, soul and spirit! This is only possible with God. If you would like to meet online on a regular basis I would love to walk through this journey with you! We all need as much support as we can get; spiritual and otherwise. Look here:

Hebrews 3:13 ESV

But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called �today,� that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 2:18 ESV

For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

I wish I could highlight on here, these are so important!

Hugs and best wishes!