Author Thread: Does a man lose brownie points based on his age restrictions?
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Does a man lose brownie points based on his age restrictions?
Posted : 23 May, 2009 09:32 AM

I just want to know if I'm the only person who feels that way when they see this: A man's setting for anyone younger than himself or allowing a larger gap for those who are younger and a small amount of years allowed over his own age. I'm sure there are women who do the same and I'd feel a little put off by that as well if I was a guy, but I would think that this would be very, very small by comparison since some girls aim for older men for maturity.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2009 11:07 PM

I can somewhat agree with that. I do agree I see it a lot where guys do have a much larger younger age restriction picked out than the older age restriction.

I can't say why a person would do it - that's completely up to them, but I think the age difference is too much sometimes and the maturity levels can be way off. I'm 26 and I would not want to date someone who was 18 because the maturity level is *usually* extremely different. I also wouldn't date someone who is my Dad's age for the same reason (and other reasons). But, that's just me and my personal preference...

I'm not at all saying relationships with situations like that won't work though because I know they can. But, the fact is that people can pick whatever range of ages they want and I don't think it means there is always a cause for concern...

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2009 09:51 AM

Oh, definitely not always, but I don't think many can deny that a lot of the time it is just because they want someone younger for no other reason but that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2009 08:14 PM

I think its unfair to make a judgement on men based on their age preference. In the course of ministry I have come accross men in their fifties who are seeking for ladies below 35 for a wife. Reason? They want to have their own kids. It is, they said in consideration for the lady that she wont have a hard time in giving birth. .. i guess there's no harm in asking them and be enlightened than killing them slowly with our thoughts....

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2009 11:33 AM

Angel and Phoenix,

I have also seen this on some of the womens profiles too, in fact our brother Walter and I have been discussing this as he has seen this on many of the profiles of women his age. They are looking for men 10 years younger, and up to their own age only.

I think that there is some denial going on as to the fact that they are getting older. Maybe the younger person makes them feel young again. Personally I do not want to go back in time, I love my life the way that it is.

I believe that it is hard enough to find someone who is on the same page spiritually, morally, and politically, why would we want to make it harder by having such extreme age requirements?

Blessings, Lydia

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 May, 2009 11:52 AM

Hi Lydia!

I totally agree with what you said.

To be more clear, I rarely ever look at women's profiles though, so I could not really make a comment about the women of this site - besides just giving the reasoning for my own age restrictions.

It's nice to see you around here again. I hope all is well!!

God bless,

Miranda

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2009 07:15 AM

Generational difference is a good point, Lydia. Personally, I wouldn't mind thirteen years either way, as long as they have reached the age of twenty first.

And I can't agree, April. First, I consider it a prejudgment. If I read something somewhere as to why he has that setting and I think it's a good reason, I change my mind. I see no harm in discernment.

Second, I do not think that wanting babies is a good reason. What if a woman their age wants to have babies, too, and can carry? I've known women who give birth in their forties and fifties. If she can't, what's wrong with adoption? If they can't adopt, what about those women who carry babies for couples that can't?

And please do not refer to it as killing with my thoughts. I am just as allowed as anyone to speak my mind and they may just as easily disregard what I say, as I'm sure some do, but you know as well as I do that people go for younger women for beauty purposes more than health reasons. Christians are just as liable to do that as any other human.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 May, 2009 09:16 AM

Hi Miranda,

Thanks and yes all is well, God has been very good to me.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 09:46 AM

I keep looking at your profile and it's a very knowledgable spirit, I am little sad that becuase of the age restriction you have, we can't communicate as christians.

Iron sharpens Iron

well best wihes and I will continue to look to see if the age restriction is been approached with meekness.:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 09:49 AM

PHOENYX:

I keep looking at your profile and it's a very knowledgable spirit, I am little sad that becuase of the age restriction you have, we can't communicate as christians.

Iron sharpens Iron:eat:

well best wihes and I will continue to look to see if the age restriction is been approached with meekness.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 11:57 PM

yes

Page : 1 2