Author Thread: What do you guys look for????
Admin

What do you guys look for????
Posted : 5 Apr, 2015 04:52 PM

So guys what is it that you're looking for when you view a profile? Are y'all just looking at pics or do you also read the profile?....And be honest fellas!

And what makes a woman stand out above the rest??

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2015 12:13 AM

A full profile with little or no generic fluff.

Things that personally puts me off are harry potter, game of thrones, shades of grey, and other filthy fiction. Instant red flags. Also saying you are outgoing is just stupid really, never met a ingoing person, rather say what type of extrovert you are if that is what you mean. And lastly please people, those eyebrows have done nothing to you, just leave them to grow in peace.

A profile needs a pic, preferably a good one, seen a lot of really horrible pics of probably pretty people. Having a pic shows honesty and being comfortable with yourself, not having a pic shows that you might secretly be a troll of some kind.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2015 03:38 PM

Lol thanks for the reply that was hilarious

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2015 07:45 PM

That was pretty good, Rambo!

I agree on the full profile. If a profile says "just ask", I won't. If it says, "I don't know what to say", then neither do I.

And ... at least 1 pic. I do look longer at those that have more. And ... not turned sideways, please? I know there are very nice ladies who just haven't gotten photo editing figured out. But ... if I can see you without craning my neck, it helps.

I'm looking for someone who appears to be a good match in terms of the lifestyle she wants to lead. So I need enough to get some idea of the kind of woman I'm considering talking to. Career woman? Frugal homeschooling mom? Movie sponge? Worship team leader? Who is she?

Also, geography matters. If I have to travel more than a day to meet you ... I probably can't do that.

Hope that's a little help!

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2015 08:59 AM

That was very helpful. And it makes sense. :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2015 09:26 PM

I really like what Rambo and Homeschooler said, thank you for being good gentlemen!

I would like to turn the original question around if your willing to provide your input. What kind of red flag wording would you gentlemen recommend that a woman watch out for on a man's profile page? I know what my brother recommends watching out for the "wrong sort" ... What would you recommend?

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2015 12:55 PM

Not looking at the men's profiles (except if I engage one in debate here on the fora), I really don't know. Sorry!

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2015 07:55 PM

I like to see her eyes and her smile very clearly in her pics. I like profiles with a few pics that are recent and real. Turn offs are pictures of women holding babies, holding hands with another man that is too old to be her son and too young to be her dad, even if it's a friend or relative. I don't understand multiple pics of two women. I I can't always tell which one it is. And my biggest dislike is pictures of women holding their little dog. I think they do it mostly because they think the dog is their baby and they treat it like it too. That's a big turn off for me. I won't talk to them.

I like a profile that looks like some effort was put into creating it. Lots of descriptive phrases and sentences about the person are nice. I don't like profiles that go on and on and on. Leave some things to be learned in conversation. I will never read a long, detailed profile. I'm afraid I'll be micromanaged if I'm in a relationship with someone that is that much into the fine details.

Finally, Smile!! If you look depressed or angry in your pic I will run the other way!!

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2015 08:50 AM

>>Finally, Smile!! If you look depressed or angry in your pic I will run the other way!!

Yeah, I've done that. A few have an Ice Queen's glare and make me think being single isn't so bad. :)

mal868

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2015 04:11 PM

What do guys look out for? Guys? I believe you mean christian men. Its like you have forgotten the name of this site......it is called christian dating for free,and not fun dating for free or �yooray� dating for free. Hence what christian men look for is the level of your christian faith. Its not about how much smile you put on or how sarcastic you are it is simply about your level of the christian faith. Having said that the type of christian you are looking for will determine what the �guy� is looking for. If you are looking for a "fun"/pretending/social christian man then your profile is ok the way it is. But if you are looking for a serious, devoted and conservative christian with high moral values which is what you should be looking for then you don't really have to pile on the heavy lipsticks, makeup etc. Also you should try to begin your profile by saying more about your faith than your hobbies. For example start by saying � i am a born again Christian girl..........and not by saying i love cup cakes, I'm bubbly, outgoing and l like to have fun.....yooray! Come on, if i wanted a bubbly girl i wont come to a christian dating site instead i will go to ok cupid and hook up with the bubbly girl and have fun with her.....yooray! But i came to this site cos i am looking for a gentle and humble christian girl. another thing that puts Christian men off your profile is your like of certain films, so no game of thrones, harry potter, twilight or lord of the rings. Also, if you don't want men from outside your country, you don't have to say it on your profile. It makes you sound kind of arrogant and immature. immature, cos what if your dream "guy" is not based in your country are you going to reject him just for that? ...................................i hope that helps.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2015 12:11 PM

Thanks everyone for your opinions. :) It's interesting to read the different insights.

As far as the last gentleman to comment...I wasn't so much asking about my profile. It was a general question. I also use a paid site and I am much more particular on that site because it isn't "free" but thank you for the advise.

Page : 1 2