Author Thread: "The Date"
laylakeboss

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 23 Apr, 2015 03:34 PM

Hello Ladies, I got a question. What would be considered a good date. And is it okay to test someones personality on a date. Like I would have a picnic on a lake.. whats yalls ideas?

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 25 Apr, 2015 04:46 AM

Hi laylake,

What do u mean by testing? Throwing her in the lake to test her senseof humour might not b a good idea!lol

The best date would be something ,somewhere relaxed,easygoing, I personnally dislike showy ostentatious places. Yes,a natural setting,great fun company,and just b yourself. It takes time to get to know someone,and I personnally dont believe in checklist of criteria. The only thing I wont compromise on is that he must love our Lord and put Him first no matter what. No to mention he needs Jesus on his side to cope with me .just kidding lol anyway all the best..i personnally gave up hope of finding someone om cdff, friendship and fellowship is fine by me. I mean everyone live so far away from me..lol ciao for now

teenie75

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 26 Apr, 2015 01:52 PM

OK...girl's perspective...

1) it is never cool to 'test' anyone. Mind games. Avoid at all costs.

2) the date depends on how long you have known her/what the vibes are/ how you feel about her. There is no right or wrong, and the 'right' first date will be different for every girl.

Personally I think first dates can be hit or miss. You may fall in love instantaneously and find that 10 hours have slipped by, or 10 mins in one of you might want to run for the door!!! I would err on the side of caution and just meet for something simple like a drink somewhere. Then it can be as long or short as necessary. if it goes well, and you both like each other, then pull the stops out next time with a romantic picnic or something more extravagant.

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 27 Apr, 2015 09:47 PM

Can you clarify what you mean by testing her personality?

laylakeboss

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 28 Apr, 2015 02:10 PM

yea, I just don't wanna be all fancy, I'm a thift-store shopping, sack of bread-n-bologna creekside countrygirlwanting datin' guy! lol

laylakeboss

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 28 Apr, 2015 02:14 PM

Yes, what I mean by 'testing' is seeing how someone acts and making sure this is someone I can see settling down with a family with, not dating without a purpose:waving:

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 29 Apr, 2015 03:15 PM

Perhaps "discerning" or "discovering" her personality suits better than "testing".

Talk with her about many things. You'll disagree on some. When that happens ... is she afraid to voice a contrary opinion? So strident in her opinions she gets rude?

Go to different kinds of places with her. Out on a boat is likely to seem a little scary to her for a first date. There's a lot of value in keeping to semi-public places. But sometimes it's a restaurant. Sometimes you pack the bologna sandwiches and a frisbee and go to a park. Sometimes a zoo or museum.

But you're observing. How does she treat other people? Is she kind even when it doesn't appear others are watching? What's her attitude toward children? Toward the elderly or handicapped? When you play a game, does she win and lose with similar grace? Or is she a smug winner or sore loser?

You want to get to know her over a period of time, a variety of venues, with a variety of people groups, and her philosophy of life in a variety of areas.

teenie75

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 30 Apr, 2015 12:59 PM

^^^^ Some good advice there!

mcubed

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 28 May, 2015 05:56 PM

My best first date is the gun-range. We fired for an hour had some small talk and did not hit it off so afterword we parted our ways. Why was this good? Because we did not have to be miserable thru a dinner. If would have hit it off, which has happened on other dates, you extended the date with dinner. If it�s a sure thing do a picnic is a great date but if you�re not sure do something that you will at least still have fun at and if want to extend.

algomaboy

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 5 Jul, 2015 02:12 PM

first date- McDonalds, Burger King, or Walmart. :ROFL::ROFL: The car repair shop. :laugh:

My cats have to approve of her. :yay:

I surly have a good chance of getting a date now. :hearts:

Wild_erness

View Profile
History
"The Date"
Posted : 7 Jul, 2015 07:18 PM

Best first date I have ever been on was going to a bar to watch a Packer game (as I didn't actually have TV at the time), and after that went to a gun show. BEST FIRST DATE EVER! Probably best of all time :)

Page : 1 2