Author Thread: Am I too old to ever find love and start a family?
angelgirl80

View Profile
History
Am I too old to ever find love and start a family?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 01:24 PM

I just turned 29 over a week ago and while I was looking back and taking stock on my life on everything that's happened up to now, it just dawned on me that even though I have accomplished quite a bit in the last couple of years, there is one thing that I have not accomplished that other people my age and even those people that are younger than me already have done and what I am talking about is settling down with someone and starting a family. You see, for years I always thought that by the time I turned 30, I would be settled down and married to someone and started my family long before now; which is how it's supposed to be done because I was always taught that good girls or good women started their families when they're young, but unfortunately that hasn't happened for me and I feel a lot of regret and shame about that. People might say that I have a lot going for me with a good career and an opportunity to have a good life, but you know what, yes that's all great and everything and I am extremely thankful for everything that God has given me and blessed me with in my life, but I strongly believe that there's a lot more to life than just having a good career and making money and I truly feel like there is just something missing in my life because I haven't settled down and started a family of my own and I feel like that there is something terribly wrong with me as a person and as a woman because I haven't done that yet. I always wanted to be a young wife and mother because I would have been able to do a lot more for my family in my late teens or 20's than I would be able to do in my 30's, and I would have been able to relate to a kid better if I had it younger, like when I was in my late teens or 20's than now having to wait til I am in my 30's, and I feel really guilty because other people that are my age and people that are younger than me have done that already and I feel this need to catch up to everyone else and where they are in their lives because they're much farther along in life than I am and they're doing the right things in life and living their lives the right way and unfortunately I am not living my life the right way because I haven't settled down and started a family yet. I am truly scared to death that I will never find anyone to settle down with and start a family with because I am too old and I am just not good enough of a woman for anyone to love me and want to be with me and definitely too old and not good enough of a person to ever be a good parent.That's why I am setting a deadline for myself that if I haven't at the very least settled down and if I am not in a relationship with someone by the time my 30th birthday rolls around almost one year from now, as much as I really don't want to do this and as much as it really hurts me that it has come to this, I am going to have to put an end to my search and give up looking for anyone to settle down and be with and give up my dream of ever having a family and I am going to have to accept my destiny and settle for just being a single career woman and revolve my entire life around having a career because there may not be anything else that I can do because I will be too old to do anything else with my life. My point is that I honestly and truly never wanted my life to turn out this way and I am trying to do something about it while I still can find someone to settle down and start a family with before it's too late. Thank you and May God Bless you always and always remember to put Him first in everything that you do.:)

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 07:12 PM

You're never too old to find love or start a family.

FalSmiles

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 11:06 AM

Angle,

Have heart love, there is still time. At least you are still able to have your own children. I understand your position but urge you to look at this from a positive perspective.

If you at 29 can still have children and are still very young then where does that put me. 36 divorced, unable to have children. I am betting love you have far better chance at finding a christian husband then I do.

Hugs and keep on the positive.

Fal

Page : 1 2 3