Author Thread: Am I too old to ever find love and start a family?
angelgirl80

View Profile
History
Am I too old to ever find love and start a family?
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 01:24 PM

I just turned 29 over a week ago and while I was looking back and taking stock on my life on everything that's happened up to now, it just dawned on me that even though I have accomplished quite a bit in the last couple of years, there is one thing that I have not accomplished that other people my age and even those people that are younger than me already have done and what I am talking about is settling down with someone and starting a family. You see, for years I always thought that by the time I turned 30, I would be settled down and married to someone and started my family long before now; which is how it's supposed to be done because I was always taught that good girls or good women started their families when they're young, but unfortunately that hasn't happened for me and I feel a lot of regret and shame about that. People might say that I have a lot going for me with a good career and an opportunity to have a good life, but you know what, yes that's all great and everything and I am extremely thankful for everything that God has given me and blessed me with in my life, but I strongly believe that there's a lot more to life than just having a good career and making money and I truly feel like there is just something missing in my life because I haven't settled down and started a family of my own and I feel like that there is something terribly wrong with me as a person and as a woman because I haven't done that yet. I always wanted to be a young wife and mother because I would have been able to do a lot more for my family in my late teens or 20's than I would be able to do in my 30's, and I would have been able to relate to a kid better if I had it younger, like when I was in my late teens or 20's than now having to wait til I am in my 30's, and I feel really guilty because other people that are my age and people that are younger than me have done that already and I feel this need to catch up to everyone else and where they are in their lives because they're much farther along in life than I am and they're doing the right things in life and living their lives the right way and unfortunately I am not living my life the right way because I haven't settled down and started a family yet. I am truly scared to death that I will never find anyone to settle down with and start a family with because I am too old and I am just not good enough of a woman for anyone to love me and want to be with me and definitely too old and not good enough of a person to ever be a good parent.That's why I am setting a deadline for myself that if I haven't at the very least settled down and if I am not in a relationship with someone by the time my 30th birthday rolls around almost one year from now, as much as I really don't want to do this and as much as it really hurts me that it has come to this, I am going to have to put an end to my search and give up looking for anyone to settle down and be with and give up my dream of ever having a family and I am going to have to accept my destiny and settle for just being a single career woman and revolve my entire life around having a career because there may not be anything else that I can do because I will be too old to do anything else with my life. My point is that I honestly and truly never wanted my life to turn out this way and I am trying to do something about it while I still can find someone to settle down and start a family with before it's too late. Thank you and May God Bless you always and always remember to put Him first in everything that you do.:)

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 04:19 PM

greener grass - how true!

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 08:14 PM

Angelgirl,

I didn't mean to get off track there with the greener grass and all. I am sorry.

Of course you will find that special man and have a family. We have many promises in God's word that we must claim for our own. He says that He will give us the desires of our heart. Praise God!!! That's a promise!!! It is hard to wait, but if you let Him give you a mate it will be worth it. I'm sure I'm not telling something you don't already know. I will be praying for you with nothing doubting.

Love in Christ, Sandy

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 06:36 PM

Angelgirl

It's never to late to start a family. Simply because it has nothing to do with age. Oh men and women have this innate desire to leave a piece of themselves behind in the form of offspring. However many of us (myself included)never realize that we are asked to be parents everyday of our life. To be a Parent is not just taking care of a child which you have given birth to. Parenting is a choice and a way of life. The Father calls us His children. Parenting is a good analogy to the human side of unconditional love. Even after the kids have spit at you, have bitten you, and screamed their heads off for hours at a time. The parent still loves them. Maybe would like to get rid of them at times but still loves them. In a world that literally millions of kids that can only dream of being loved by a mother or mother/father

Angelgirl, I would say this; don't sweat the small stuff. You are a parent to all people even if it's just by example. For a smile given and a smile returned is a parental gift by the Father of us all.

David.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 08:50 PM

Never too old.

My G'pa and G'ma got married in their 70's back in 1987 and have been happily married until yesterday. G'pa past away, so G'ma should be following him shortly.:angel:

Love happens at all ages.

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:29 PM

Dear Lisa,

I am so sorry for your loss. I was pretty close to my Granny and when she passed it was hard. The day before she died I had the pleasure of sharing Jesus with her. My mother gave me her ring for Christmas this past year and I wear it everyday, as she did.

Love in Christ, Sandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 02:44 PM

Hello angeigirl my name is Rob.I read your article about being too old to start a family,and I've wondered about that myself,as I am 37 years old and have never been married,and have had few dates,as I had epilepsy.I've still got it but nowhere as near bad as it was growing up.

Haveing epilepsy,I was never social,and kept to myself,as it was hard to make friends growing up.But within the past 3 or 4 weeks I've seemed to come out of my shell.

I look at myself and wonder the same thing:Will I ever get married,and be able to share my life withanyone? I look at my brother,who is 3 years younger than me,and already has A wife and 3 kids.I look at him and think how nice it must be.I hope within theese next 3 years maybe I'll meet somebody.

As i'm more outgoing than I used to be.Anyway I just wanted to let you know,I know what your talkin about,and I hope you find that right somebody.

God bless,

Rob

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 03:05 PM

dear rob, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 03:22 PM

Hello,scuse me for not replying sooner,as I was reading everyone's response to angelgirl80's statement.Nice to meet you.

Rob.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jun, 2009 07:34 PM

dear rob, same back at ya.. hope you enjoy it here.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jun, 2009 06:13 PM

I'm pretty sure I'll like it here,everyone on this site has been

verry nice

Page : 1 2 3