Author Thread: WHY IS SEX A PROBLEM IN MARRIAGE??
TOMLIB

View Profile
History
WHY IS SEX A PROBLEM IN MARRIAGE??
Posted : 29 Jul, 2016 07:35 AM

In my life, i was lucky, i did not go dating or having sexual affairs with girls till 19 and out of high school. My first girl friend was so excited about us, she love the kind of moments and sex we had. She knew life before me, so she explained to me why she so loved me, (the Sex).

However, we did not stay together forever, she moved and as i move on, i have experience some different feedback, some girls actually don't like sex that much in certain way. In fact, some really don't like having sex - unless really occasionally.

So, with the perception that people wants to get marry before sex, and considering this experience and others the may make the difference in marital union. How do we settle the score and ensure you are making the right choice before hand.???

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2016 07:41 PM

In my opinion, sex is not the problem in marriage! It becomes a problem however when we don't acknowledge and obey God's will, principles and plans ordained for it! As unsaved individuals, the worlds' system regarding sexual relationships is the order of the day.

But when you are now claiming Christ as your Savior, God's Word is the ONLY guideline a man or women should abide by regarding sex and marriage:

1 Cor. 7:2-5--Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every women have her own husband. 3) Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. 4) The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 5) Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your continency.

God's will regarding sex and marriage takes a lot of the guess work out of what we should or shouldn't do in our intimate relationships with one another! Of course praying and discussing issues openly and maturely before marriage, is by all means a must(smile)!! Be blessed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2016 08:08 AM

A woman knows that she will have sex in a marriage. The sexual needs absolutely have to be discussed before marriage.

Some women have higher sexual needs than others and for some, sex is not necessary at all.

Bear in mind that both genders will have occasions when they don't want sex, for example, when they have the flu, have just lost their job, in cases of death, childbirth, etc.

It is a question of respect that both parties talk about this before marriage otherwise the shock could be very brutal.

It is a problem when you go into marriage with your eyes closed and with no prior communication.

JMhonestydate

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2016 09:40 AM

THE FAMILY is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

WE WARN that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

JMhonestydate

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2016 09:48 AM

The Law of Chastity:

We are to have sexual relations only with our spouse to whom we are legally married. No one, male or female, is to have sexual relations before marriage. After marriage, sexual relations are permitted only with our spouse. Before marriage, do not do anything to arouse the powerful emotions that must be expressed only in marriage. Do not participate in passionate kissing, lie on top of another person, or touch the private, sacred parts of another person�s body, with or without clothing. Do not allow anyone to do that with you. Do not arouse those emotions in your own body�

Satan Wants Us to Break the Law of Chastity:

Satan�s plan is to deceive as many of us as he can to prevent us from returning to live with our Heavenly Father. One of the most damaging things he can do is entice us to break the law of chastity. He is cunning and powerful. He would like us to believe it is no sin to break this law. Many people have been deceived. We must guard ourselves against evil influences.

Satan attacks the standards of modesty. He wants us to believe that because the human body is beautiful, it is something to flaunt and expose. Our Heavenly Father wants us to keep our bodies covered so that we do not encourage improper thoughts in the minds of others.

Satan not only encourages us to dress immodestly, but he also encourages us to think immoral or improper thoughts. He does this with pictures, movies, stories, jokes, music, and dances that suggest immoral acts. The law of chastity requires that our thoughts as well as our actions be pure. The prophet Alma taught that when we are judged by God, �our thoughts will also condemn us; and in this awful state we shall not dare to look up to our God� Jesus taught, �Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

�But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart� (Matthew 5:27�28). Satan sometimes tempts us through our emotions. He knows when we are lonely, confused, or depressed. He chooses this time of weakness to tempt us to break the law of chastity. Our Heavenly Father can give us the strength to pass through these trials unharmed.

The scriptures tell about a righteous young man named Joseph who was greatly trusted by his master, Potiphar. Potiphar had given Joseph command over everything he had. Potiphar�s wife lusted after Joseph and tempted him to commit adultery with her. But Joseph resisted her and fled from her. (See Genesis 39:1�18.)Paul taught, �There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it� (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Oct, 2017 07:58 PM

People, there's a whole book on sex; Song of songs.

Mistake no. 1: Sex is physical

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2017 08:56 PM

Awe no one noticed that the word "only" is missing. Oh well.