Author Thread: regular dating sites and christians>?>?>>?
Admin

regular dating sites and christians>?>?>>?
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 02:07 PM

dear folks, im just wonderin bout how yawl feel about a christian person being on just a regular dating site also...and not just on a christian dating site... im not talkin bout a sex site either.. as i know thats wrong.

ole cattle

gracefreedme

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 03:26 PM

cattleman,

That depends on if you are hiding the fact that you are a christian and are looking strictly for a christian mate. If you do not specify that you are looking for a christian mate and start dating women of the world you could be setting yourself up for trouble. My thoughts are to stick with what works.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 03:52 PM

dear gfm, thanks, i understand what youre sayin. lets just say sposin someone from here made it a point to come tell you how bad a person you was for bein on one.. and how evil you was so to speak.. and leading the flock astray and all. do you think it would be deserving of all that? after all there are some good christian women on these sites. i have a few good friends there. they may not partisipate in the forums where it can get out of hand.. as i learned first hand.. i made an innocent post same as the one here i made about the shavin cream and razors and well it got out of hand there quick and it was under relationships and all. so i didnt go back and post anymore on that one hehe.. i myself dont see where anyone has a right to come say all that to anyone just for bein on a regular dating site.

thanks ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 04:15 PM

I tried some of the non christian ones Ole, but 100% of the people who tried to talk to me werent real christians, least as i could tell, or had no real interest in it, so it wasnt very profitable for my time. lotsa pretty ladies, but big deal on that. I don't go to the grocery store to be mesmuzired by the tons of lovely apples sitting out for sale, different shapes and sizes and from different places, I just need that one apple that will satisfy my hunger. So if you dont want to wanna waste your time sorting through people you really would just have nothing else to do but witness to, I would stick to a place like this where you know that there's at least a good chance the person on the other side of the screen is a believer too.

Now as far as somone taking exception to you being on one of them other sites, well I would just take that and consider its source. man like you, deep down I know you arent over there trying to do anying creepy or behind gods back or nothing, so just let your life be a bove reproach and move on. Jesus will get after your conscience if there really is anything wrong with it.

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 04:18 PM

Hey Ole' cattle;

I tried a couple of secular sites (eharmony, bigchurch - which although it is geared for christians, is run by a secular, california company). First - there is a stark difference between those sites and the christian ones.

Because most christians are after another christian, I say stick to the christian sites. They are much, much better at *ministering* (which really is what they're trying to do) in that area, instead of the secular ones who are strictly in it for the money.

I noticed a BIG difference in the questions and answers - the lack of christian specific questions and the plethora of stuff that made me feel uncomfortable that there was even that option! (i.e., details about your sex life listed right on your profile)

There was other things too - i.e., every religion in the book - including branch Davidian, was listed, and you'd get approached from all kinds of people from different cults and religions.

Sex was a prominent subject among even the questions you filled out for your profile.

Christian mingle did have questions on that, but it was only in the compass test, which was obviously really well thought out. i.e., one question they asked was "Do you think sex is simply for reproductive purposes?"

This is a question I would never ask a lady obviously, but I know several families where the couple has agreed to this. So imagine getting along in the relationship and this comes up, and you find out you're both on opposite ends of the spectrum on that one?

CM asked such questions very tactfully, and secretly, and then secretly compares you and doesn't allow the other to see what your actual answers were - it was simply a gauge they give you on compatibility, which if you both agree, then it will let you see the other's answers.

It was really well thought out, asked loads of questions crucial to christianity and married life.

Eharmony and Bigchurch, frankly, both stink. I hate them both, not just for the very apparent "we're secular people trying desperately to figure christians out so we can get their money", but I just hated the technicalities of their systems.

Eharmony charges an arm and a leg just to let you look at what their computer's "best guess" is for you - and they clearly didn't even get it close for me. Bigchurch was much the same way, but I won't spend time on what I hated about them.

The point being that the christian sites (CDFF and CM in particular) were by far and away the best sites. They were clearly set up by christians, for christians. They understood what it was christians were looking for, and set up their system accordingly, and it shows.

If you're careful, the secular sites I'm sure are fine - as long as you don't fall for temptations in getting involved with someone you shouldn't be. But personally, I'd rather give my money to christians, keep the money in the body of Christ.

On that note - CDFF rocks! Kudos to the folks at CDFF.

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 04:29 PM

dear tristan and ian,,,, thank you both. you both make very good points.. it s not a pay site either ..as i told them if i was doin summin wrong i surely wouldnt of been so dumb as to use my real handle lol.. but you all have given me room for thought and i may need to rethink my position on this.. although i only have a few friends there. nothing more. but as you guys say maybe its really not the right place for me to be.. summin to ponder on.. thanks again to all.

ole cattle

gracefreedme

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 07:17 PM

cattleman,

I don't think whoever it was that chatised you really had a right to do that, I believe thats the Holy Spirits job. If you know you weren't doing anything deceitful then brush it off and go on. I tried some of those same sites also but did not feel comfortable on them. I feel at home here!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 07:46 PM

dear gfm, thanks man. thats what im gonna do. i love it here.. good folks. lotta good input ..

ole cattle

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 11:37 AM

also the one who found you there.... why were they there?

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 08:06 PM

dear tristan, claimed it was a google search.. i googled me and yep it showed up where id made a innocent post there. just followin me around and checkin up on me ...

ole cattle

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 08:31 PM

I'm on a secular site also, and have my beliefs in my profile. I've noticed a huge difference between the secular site and the Christian one, but stay on the secular site mainly, for ministry. I've received some emails from people looking for someone to talk to about God, but not knowing anyone they can talk to. I've also had the haters that love to make fun of my beliefs, cut me down, or just give a few details about how they'd like to, uh, "date" me? I write them back a nice but firm note letting them know why I believe what I believe and telling them I'll be praying for them. Believe it or not, I've received some apologies after this and a few have questioned my beliefs further (but in a genuinely curious way - not argumentatively).

I agree it's doubtful that I'll find my "soul-mate" there, but God will place us where He wants us to be to bring glory to Him. If one person comes to Christ - it's worth wading through all the muck.

We have to remember that God loves all of us. He loves me, he loves you, he loves Madonna and Charles Manson. I know the world is full of sin - but I have to remind myself that it was my sin that killed God's son. If he can forgive me and continue to love me, who am I to keep that to myself?

Blessings,

Lynn

Page : 1 2