Author Thread: "FAT" girls?
ProHooah7

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 07:38 AM

I have a disease that causes me to be insulin resistant. I've never been this size before in my ENTIRE life. I've always been very active, very healthy, and VERY small. I'm not used to living in this body, and because of my condition I'm being forced to get used to it at least until I get my insulin levels under control.

I really don't wanna believe that I couldn't get a guy just because I'm slightly plump. I mean, I go out places and see really good looking guys with chunky girls. I guess it's just about how confident you are.

My question is, does size REALLY make that big of a difference? I know that it's never mattered to me, and I'm just hoping that guys aren't as stereotypically shallow as they've been reported.

tristan07

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 11:26 AM

Dear Pro,

You will find that you are not the only lady on this site, or in general that struggle with this. I could go find you about 2-3 recent threads from the last week ago that are on this exact subject. There is alot of great wisdom in those threads. I would suggest just taking a few minutes are looking through some of the recent threads and you will find the ones I am talking about, rather then revisiting the issue.

Go look at this one in the Ask a guy forum.

BBCW Big Beatiful Christian Women

Its quite long and very helpful.

Alex

tristan07

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 11:36 AM

Ps. My first wife was 5'2 and weighed 140-145

My second wife got to and stayed at about 5'7 165 for years. And I never complained a bit. But dont tell them I told you, they still know where I live.

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 12:38 PM

Pro, I won't try to give you one of those "feel good" statments like: "it's what's on the inside that counts", so bear with me as I try to give you an honest response from a this 'ole guy. Both sides of the gender track are attracted to another by a fixed image or perception of a woman/guy. Unfortunately, many times it's not very realistic at times but the brain of the individual follows a standard or rule of thumb for what he/s is looking for. It can be subconscious or right there on the surface, buts it's there. Now solely based on what you wrote ( and I'm not being judgemental of you) you remarked that you see "good looking guys with chunky girls". You could have just said guys with chunky girls. But you, as all of us have a distinct perception of what you're looking for. That preference includes self. We are all influenced by other people. That's a given. But think about this: If you see me in a restaurant from across the room and you think I'm a "good-looking guy" and as I turn to leave you see that my left side of my face is deformed due to an accident will you think of me a little different than your initial observation? Most likely yes...as would most others. You are a confident woman because you have said it. You're dealing with a very difficult issue that I can't really understand. Don't fall into the trap of conforming into something that someone else wants you to be (which can be both guys and gals) Be what you are most comfortable being. Appearance DOES make a difference. Bottome line, it doesn't make a darn bit of difference what I think. It only matters what you think. Because ultinmately it is you who decides that you are beautiful or not. Just as there are guys that like slender woman there are guys that like larger framed woman. I don't know if this will be of any help. Hopefully it will. I speak from an appearance issue myself, but mine is not readily visible. Be what you are and not what I would like you to be. Sorry to be long-winded. I will keep you in my prayers and ask the good lord to help open ALL of our eyes to see the goodness and beauty of all things at all times. David

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 03:27 PM

dear proh, little lady first off aint nuttin wrong with how you look. you look great to me and if i wont such an old man hehe..... remember confidence is very attractive.. get that confidence up girl.. thats all youre slackin..

ole cattle

prairiewriter

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 09:13 PM

Hey Proh,

If your momma is single and looks like you send her my way. Might have to be your grandma, but never the less, you know what I'm saying. Don't sweat it, kiddo.:rocknroll:

Steve

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 05:55 PM

I agree with David. Recently, it occured to me that I like certain types of looks in men (the tall, dark, and handsome type with a little facial hair really gets me!) so why would I hold it against a guy if he preferred a certain look in women? Appearance is part of the equation. I am currently working on my weight. I've been overweight my whole life and I finally figured out that God really does want me to take care of my body - I used to just ignore Him on that issue and tell myself that it wasn't that important, but I was wrong! I want to throw in a disclaimer, though - it's very important to have BALANCE! As I'm losing weight, I find my inner beauty radiating outward, which is good! God created women to shine - there's nothing wrong with that, but at the same time, we need to be careful not to make our appearance the most important thing. Our outer beauty might get a guys initial attention and even keep it for a while, but it's the inner self, which has been molded by God ,that will keep him forever. Anyway, that's what I have to say and I'm stickin' with it :goofball:

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 08:21 PM

Hey sweetie....chin up. You are wonderfully and fearfully made and that came from the Word. Everyone has preferences which were noted in the above posts...but...just because you have a weight issue doesn't mean you are sporting unhealthy habits.. I have struggled my whole life with this issue. I work out several times a week and eat healthy but have an underactive thyroid and still stuggle with a sluggish metabolism. I don't feel that God is unhappy with me and that's what really matters. I was married to a man for 26 years who considered me beautiful and a Proverbs 31 woman. (and I was fat) but... I must have been doing something right. Your medical issues are no matter and you just keep trying to get that under control. My deceased husband had the same disease as yourself later on in life and it is difficult to get stabilized. You keep focusing on that and don't worry about it! God has the perfect man for you. It's a soul thing, you know. The body is only temperal but what lives inside is the connecting force. If you don't have that connection, everything else falls by the wayside! Take care and be blessed....:) Robin

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 02:04 AM

As a very large girl myself, this is a question that has taken many years for me to be comfortable with. It is true, many people are not attracted to larger women. That is the way they were made. When I find a man attractive, his size usually has nothing to do with it, he may be small or large, but there are many other factors in that attraction, as well. These are physical things, too. Usually facial features, like his smile or eyes or something. Beauty comes in many shapes and forms and as we all know, with human beings "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". We all find attraction in different things.

For myself, I would much rather find a partner who is comfortable with my size as I am now. If I lose weight, wonderful. But I am much more fearful of having met and married someone as a thin person and putting on weight afterwards. Do they suddenly find me unattractive? I believe that attraction is chemical and while physical attributes play a part, they are not the only part. I am beautiful because God made me beautiful. I may always struggle with my weight, it may be my "thorn" for most of my earthly life, but I am still beautiful. That does not mean I will be attractive to every man. I am not meant to be attractive to every man.

So, what does all this mean? (I realize I can talk in circles!) Be confident in who are right now. Not what you will be in six months or what you were last year, but right now. Just like us, men have many different views of what is beautiful. That is completely OK. This is how God made them. And He made you beautiful!

View Profile
History
"FAT" girls?
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 02:05 PM

Girl please, I am a BBW always been and probably always will be, nothing wrong with big girls, more of us to love.

Be confident, hold your head up high and praise the Lord that being a"fat" girl is the least of your problems, God Loves you the way you are, so you love you the way you are.

I love who I am, God loves me the way I am, and I thank him for making me just the way I am, pleasingly plump *winks*