Author Thread: Doing What You Say You Will Do (Trust)
christiancowboy51

View Profile
History
Doing What You Say You Will Do (Trust)
Posted : 25 Sep, 2017 10:10 AM

I seem to have a real hangup with those who do not do what they are going do. To me it shows that being a person of your word has no meaning or value.

For example: I met another person on here and she wanted to talk on the phone she said. She said that she did not like all the texting thing and stuff. I have no problem with that and I feel the same way pretty much. So she said she would call me that afternoon.

I was out in the woods camping and did not have cell service enough to talk, but only text. So, I told her I would go to town and be within cell phone service to talk. It was close to 25 miles to town. I got to town and waited on her to call. Instead of calling around 3:30 as she had told me she would. It was closer to 5:00 or a little afterwards. I did not think much of it. Then only maybe two minutes into our conversation. She told me she was at the store and was going shopping. She said she would call me back when she was done. So, again I waited. I waited for over 3 hours. Finally she called me back. Then she told me it was late, and she had a lot of things to do. Ok, I thought. She was the one who wanted to talk on the phone. So, I went out of my way to be available. Then after leaving me hanging for hours while she shopped. She then tells me we will have to talk some other time. I was not real happy about it and felt a like she left me hanging, and did not care about honoring her word.

During the call back to tell me she had lots to do when she got home and we would have to talk some other time. She said she was busy friday with sons birthday. Busy saturday taking neighbores kids to Sea World. She sunday afternoon she would call me. Sunday rolls around, and I never hear one little thing out of her or from her. I had already made up my mind she was not a person of her word or integrity.

To me when someone says they are going to do something. I expect them to honor their word and do it. I can understand that things come up and all. However, if you can not do what you say you are going to do. How will you be able to build or have a trusting relationship or be able to be counted on by anyone? What is your thoughts?

christiancowboy51

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2017 10:27 AM

It was really no skin off my back so to speak. I'm sure not crying over it or her. It just really blows my mind how honor and integrity have very little meaning to folks these days. Then they wonder why they can not find anyone who is honest or has integrity? Folks seem to want it, but do not seem to have it or show it themselves.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2017 04:53 AM

It means she's not really interested but wont admit it either to you or to herself. Maybe you are doing something wrong and she's too scared of confrontation to tell you what. Who knows, some woman tend to change the rules the moment you are not looking and then refuse to tell you that aything changed at all.

Last time it happened to me I managed to (by sheer luck) wrangle it out of the woman... apparently I was coming on too strong and she mistrusted me for it. Nvm that she sent me insanely strong "come here boy" signals just before the sudden prolonged fobbing off, no SHE can't be at fault. Instead she wanted me to read some stupid self-help book perpetuating "playing the game" behaviour on how to date woman and got annoyed when I refused.... of course this must mean that I am suspicious obviously. Needless to say we don't speak any more, it's a utter waste of time trying to communicate properly with a fool that refuses to use her own words and instead relies on the gibberish of others.

Whatever the reason for this behaviour, if it lasts unbroken for a few weeks she's very likely a waste of energy, move on. Any attempt to convince her that it is wrong to not let your yes be your yes and your no be your no will probably be like casting pearls to swine. A lot of woman today are convinced that they can never be wrong when it comes to relationships, personally I just don't have a temper well suited to that kind of vanity but to each his own.

christiancowboy51

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2017 07:16 AM

She was the who wanted to talk on the phone and she was the one who set the time. Thing is she did not honor and do what she said she would was going to do. I am a very open and friendly person. However, I believe in only being equally yoked. Meaning, I also believe in only being friends and allowing time and the Lord to prove and show me anything else.

My problem or hang up is do not tell someone you will do something, then do not do it. I already knew we would only ever be friends at the best. I have had others do this to me in the past. They hey lets do this or that. Then they do not follow through or honor their word. It seems to me that folks today place no value in doing what they say they will do. Then they think nothing of all about it. Integrity and honor have seemed to become a thing of the past today, even among Christians. It is sadly becoming a fact...

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2017 01:19 PM

People are so 'strange', I could try to find another, perhaps more fitting word - but it is 'strange' to me... because some people seem to want to be 'important enough that they can treat another badly', (because they have them 'hooked' or whatever), and they go on about their day thinking that such behavior is 'okay'...

Sheesh... I felt bad when I broke my promise to my dog yesterday about taking him for a walk because I have a nasty cold...

Now some people might think that is silly but as we 'say we will, we should at least try'... negating responsibility is a slippery slope a lot of people don't realize they are on far too often...

Sounds like she is possibly 'a narcissist'... if you don't know what that is - it is sure worth the effort to check it out - youtube is a good source...

Count it a blessing that she slid past so quickly... : )

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Nov, 2017 07:54 PM

I've read some of your posts and your profile. Don't worry about it. There are good people here. I hope you will find what you want, need and that you are doing better.

Blessings to you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2017 07:17 PM

Dear Christian cowboy as I read your profile , I would love to be a Christian friend of yours but your criteria has me cut off by one year. I am 59 yrs. Young. I would love to share more of Christ with you . We have some similar goals and values. If interested read my profile I have 2 either Spiritual which has more detailed info. Or Daughter of King Jesus😊

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2017 07:24 PM

I understand completely, dear David I feel the same way. Sadly there are very few real Godly people even on here who will.stand by what God's Word says. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I am a women of my word. I feel honesty and integrity are the best policies, not to mention liars go to he'll.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Nov, 2017 07:25 PM

I understand completely, dear David I feel the same way. Sadly there are very few real Godly people even on here who will.stand by what God's Word says. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I am a women of my word. I feel honesty and integrity are the best policies, not to mention liars go to he'll. I serve a God of TRUTH not the father of lies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2017 05:15 PM

Its all about accountability. Its not taught in society today or valued. Kids and young adults are told to only trust in yourself. Dont rely on anyone and you dont owe anyone anything.

Not being able to trust or be accountable destroys relationships. Specially the relationship with our Heavenly Father.