Author Thread: Your Profile Effort
1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 29 Sep, 2017 04:02 PM

Every so often I read through some of the men's profiles looking for testimonies. I have found that mostly the men create better profiles then the women do. The men depict more spiritual depth then the women do. Assuming that everyone is sincere I would have to give a kudo to my brothers.

So many women have one liners that say nothing about themselves Some do not even have that much. I think that I know the answer but I ask anyway:

Why do many of the women put less effort into their profiles then the men do? Ladies feel free to chime in.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 4 Oct, 2017 07:36 PM

JZ: We may be looking for different things on this site, or others like, it but most of us are looking for depth in a companion, partner or spouse. Who wants or has the time to contact every person and message or converse with them to excavate trying to find depth of character and spirit? But to each their own.

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 5 Oct, 2017 05:30 AM

What annoys me most is having to play emotional tooth puller, where anything of actual importance or honesty requires hours of gruelling tortorous cross examination to gain even a slimmer of actually usefull information..... it gets absolutely exhausting to the point where they get so stubborn and I just give up... life is too short to keep getting stuck in that kind of childish loop with someone that is obviously terrified of facing her/his true self... but this is all probably just off topic

1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 5 Oct, 2017 01:24 PM

Rambo: I think that you are right on topic. I understand that many women want a man to make an effort to get to know them or pursue them, but when on line relationships are considered we all need to make an effort to put ourselves out there so that the other person can see that we are worth making an effort for. This is a Christian dating site and I have, perhaps a too high of an expectation, that a person on this site should then be able to express something of their relationship with Jesus.

I suspect that many people are on a Christian dating site not because they desire a relationship with a devoted Christian who is on fire for Jesus but because they are just looking for a "nice" spouse. Someone who will make their existence comfortable. Not someone that they can serve the Lord side by side with. Personally I would rather have someone beside me where we can stoke each other fire and not someone to meerly sit beside the fire with in our rocking chairs and wait for death to come. (Metaphorically speaking)

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 12 Oct, 2017 08:10 PM

Interesting comments gentlemen. I have noticed that men tend to express their faith more than women in their profiles.

I am a woman who has recently signed in for the 1st time. I meet men but many are not Christians, others pretend to be to impress. So even if a man expresses his faith online, this is good however I am more impressed with how they express that faith in serving our Lord.

I have listed interests etc... but nothing regarding my faith other than on the "list" of description.

Because this is a Christian site, I would enjoy talking about God via email and if we meet, in person.

Thanks for your comments. Always appreciate men's perspectives.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 06:26 PM

You are correct, there is a big difference between someone who throws a few Bible verses or religious words around and a person who has the actual foundation of Christ in place. I wonder why so few of us seem to be incapable of telling the difference between the wheat and the tares when we read the profile of another person.

What is your opinion?

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 15 Oct, 2017 12:49 PM

This is Christian dating sight and your goal is to get attention (chat, e-mail, etc...) what better way to get noticed than to share a God related comment/verse in your profile.

Some people are here for real, others are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Personally, I've met my share of bible spitters vs. bible doers. This can come through without ever saying anything about what you've done. Descernment. I'm not desperate so that makes being single a lot easier.

If God were here physically to see Him face to face, well there wouldn't be a need for this site.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 15 Oct, 2017 01:06 PM

Dear 1jon310,

I went in your profile to ask you about your avatar and proceeded to read your profile.

Now that is a profile! Congratulations.

You seem sincere about your suffering and direction of your faith, God and what you are doing about it. You've got my attention anyways.

You are a work in progress, aren't we all. Good thing we are giving the reigns to God and not relying on ourselves.

P.S. I agree about the winks and laughed out loud about OCD. I look forward to reading your comments in the future.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 17 Oct, 2017 04:44 PM

Thank You.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 17 Oct, 2017 04:56 PM

Ocean

There are different approaches to profiles. There are those who want to cast a wide net and be appealing to as many as possible. There are those who write a profile to winnow out the straw, There are those who write little and that has many meanings that can be interpreted. Personally I think that it just shows a lack of effort and wonder if that same lack of effort will carry into a relationship. There are those who write a profile that is so complete and specific that finding a person to be attracted to that profile will take a true miracle from God. And then there are those who write a profile to scare anyone off that might be otherwise interested. We all have to decide what we are really looking for. Blessings to all.

osol_letse

View Profile
History
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 19 Oct, 2017 10:07 PM

isn't this stem be in "ask a girl" forum?

Page : 1 2 3