Author Thread: The one that got away
Admin

The one that got away
Posted : 12 Oct, 2017 05:13 PM

In 2014 I met a woman online, she is from California and I'm in Louisiana. We corresponded for months and decided to meet. I flew to CA on Valentines day and met her, and from that point we really hit it off, in that year she visited me twice here in Louisiana. I was on dialysis at that time and she accepted me and we even talked of marriage in the future. W

BlueyeGemini

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 6 Nov, 2018 01:41 PM

Thanks for your reply, but neither any of us involved we're married... All single. But, either way your right ..God would not have blessed either one of the relationships due to our sinful nature. 4 years now it still haunts me.. but I'm trying to move forward.

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 7 Nov, 2018 04:26 AM

BlueyeGemini, it is a hard saying, whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap. You made a distressing mistake but I urge you not to make another through the act of defining yourself by one misguided choice. Much of the brokenness I see, both here and in the world, occurs because a living soul had a vision of something vain which did not come to pass. Too many stumble about in retrospect; wishing to have done things differently without ever coming to accept the opportunity for growth. An honest-to-goodness brokenness before God is an occurrence beyond price and we ought to be thankful for it.

Believe on God the Father that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead. And the requisite trust will help you reach acceptance and find peace. With empathy, I have been where you are now, and with hope, you can surpass where I now am. The Lord is near and I will pray for you.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 7 Nov, 2018 09:07 AM

I suppose that is why we be married to Christ ourselves, but God is the Father.

God has the right focus, that children can never go away, children are the one who do not go away. They said that to Jesus too, Lord to whom shall we go, they knew He is the Christ with the words of eternal life. So our life should be in our children too, I am sure a ladies first desire/priority is to her children, and as a man we should think that way too. Maturity and care for another before ourselves, is God's way, and most women would be happy to find such a way in a man too, and then they wont go from him either.

BlueyeGemini

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 23 Oct, 2019 08:46 PM

Thanks for your reply and help. I appreciate your kindness. God bless you.

BlueyeGemini

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 7 Jan, 2020 02:20 PM

Thanks for your honesty.

BlueyeGemini

View Profile
History
The one that got away
Posted : 7 Jan, 2020 02:24 PM

Thank you Brother.