Author Thread: Sex pests: How to spot one
Admin

Sex pests: How to spot one
Posted : 24 Oct, 2017 07:58 PM

What are the sure signs of a sex predator? How can we help each other now the tel tale signs of sex pests on this site? the kind that will send you pictures of private parts and videos before you even know them well.

1. Beware of online dates that are too quick to make a move and get your communication out of the website. That is a way to isolate you from possible scammer/abuse reporting and to make you feel as if you are safe and exclusive with them.

2. They have no intention to know you but are keen on endearing themselves to you sexually.

3. They speak of commitment way too early before they know you well.

(please add more signs and help others)

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2017 08:12 PM

online sex pests basically use grooming tactics to gain access to their victims:

Positive Reinforcement: includes praise, superficial charm, superficial sympathy (crocodile tears), excessive apologizing; money, approval, gifts; attention, facial expressions such as a forced laugh or smile; public recognition.

Negative Reinforcement: includes nagging, yelling, the silent treatment (sulking), intimidation, threats, swearing, emotional blackmail, the guilt trap, sulking, crying, and playing the victim.

Intermittent or Partial Reinforcement: Partial or intermittent negative reinforcement can create an effective climate of fear and doubt, for example in terrorist attacks. Partial or intermittent positive reinforcement can encourage the victim to persist, for example in most forms of gambling, the gambler is likely to win now and again but still lose money overall.

Punishment.

Traumatic One-Trial Learning: using verbal abuse, explosive anger, or other intimidating behavior to establish dominance or superiority; even one incident of such behavior can condition or train victims to avoid upsetting, confronting or contradicting the manipulator.

Normalisation of Behaviour.

The abuser typically befriends or builds a relationship with the victim in order to establish a relationship of trust.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2017 06:19 PM

This makes me so happy we have a blocking option. I have SO many of those sorts message me and it gets really old.

Thanks for posting warning signs. I always report those losers so someone who is more naive has a better experience here. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2017 07:55 PM

Calling you pet names, honey, sweetie, doll , girl you look fine, you are gorgeous, words like this, tip me off and before I can answer there txt thank God nxt time I turn on my computer a big red banned comes over the screen and I breath a sigh of relief that another wolf in sheep's clothing has been furrowed out of the pack😊

Antigravidy00

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 04:36 PM

Quite a typical sex predator is pictured in the movie "Pure" by Lisa Langseth, with Alicia Vikander

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2018 01:36 AM

Great post. Sad to say, I have experienced a lot of this when it comes to interacting with the majority of men on here.

The big one I have noticed, even as "DaughterofKingJesus" noted, the "pet" name calling is a big giveaway. Calling baby, hunny, sweety, babe, it really is a huge turn off to me. Also, as already stated, trying to get you off the site after only two messages later is questionable. Strange messages about wanting to commit right away or try to come out and visit you without barely even knowing anything about you personally. Just all red flags.