Author Thread: Do Not Contact Me If...List? in your profile
christiancowboy51

View Profile
History
Do Not Contact Me If...List? in your profile
Posted : 23 Feb, 2018 01:51 PM

When I read a profile that has one of these. It just really makes me wonder, does this person truly understand being a Christian and what Christ died for? Do they even care or care about not holding others mistakes and past against them as what Christ died for? Do they get being a Christian at all, or is it just a title they use to label themselves above others? Putting out lists like this can bring back the pain and hurt of past mistakes to others who read them and are trying to leave their past and mistakes behind them and press forward in the new life we and yes them have through Christ. I ask that you please think about this and what you say in your profile. Judging others still, is not who a true christian is?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2018 10:16 AM

I doubt that don't contact me if is a successful strategy in the dating field it certainly wouldn't work on me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2018 10:38 PM

I'm sure there are certain types you would not want contacting you Jayzee.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2018 06:00 AM

Of course I'm sure that's the same for all of us. My point is that to make a profile on a dating site that doesn't show you in a positive light is counter productive.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2018 03:54 PM

This is quite true. I do not peruse men's profiles, only women's, being a very straight male. But, I can say that some women get it, and some don't.

Big, dark glasses over the eyes, blurry, small pics, older women softening their photos, the use of those idiotic AR filters (or are they called hololenses?) that place flowers, valentines, and other things over their faces and, in some cases, distort facial proportions, and, instead of actually describing themselves and listing favorite pastimes, they write "Ask me", or put in some cliche like "living life to the fullest". What exactly does that mean, anyway? Are they jumping out of planes? Do they savor the aroma of every flower they walk by? Do they run to save the day of a kitten caught in a burning building? C'mon now.

I also like it when the women here will put in a preferred age range that is 10-15 years younger to... up to their age. And women complain about the men only wanting the pretty young things. LOL

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but these are the things I've noticed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2018 03:57 PM

Ya know, Jay, I just re-read your initial post and I see better now what you were referring to. I suppose it depends on what is included in that list, but I will say that some people are single because they have stratospheric standards. Whether it be having no bad habits at all, to having to be 6'-plus with a 6-figure salary and very good-looking, it's no wonder so many people are single.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2018 02:13 PM

As I understand your concerns, I'm afraid I disagree slightly because being truthful about one's preferences is what this Christian "dating" site is all about. I, personally, include (3) key "Do Not Contact Me If's...as they better define me so no one is wasting time. They are: 1) NO CATS, as I am highly allergic to them; 2) MUST BE NON-SMOKER, I am also allergic to cigarette smoke; now lastly, while you may disagree with my reasoning, I am a petite lady & work very hard to maintain a slender, healthy physique. I want future contacts to understand I appreciate a man who adheres to this same philosophy. My body houses Jesus in my heart & the Holy Spirit inhabits His temple; I feel it my duty to honor & maintain the physical being the Lord has given me & it's important for possible suitors to understand this also.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2018 05:59 PM

I have returned many years from being on this site. I have cats and know that some are allergic to them. I do not like drama and prefer a mature woman not a immature woman.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2018 02:33 PM

There is nothing wrong with listing what you want and don't wan, referring to a date or future spouse. People should be upfront and honest. Unfortunately some Christians are Not. I was disappointed recently by Christian friends. I just try to remember we are not perfect, even if we are a Christian..

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2018 06:39 PM

You should be upfront and honest, it would be rude to drag someone along into a relationship that will not work in the long run. I have a small list of must has/has nots that are biblically based, like no drinking/smoking, tattoos, adulters and so on.

Then you have the people that know what they want can can handle and don't want to mess around.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 01:30 PM

I agree that some people could post a list of things that might be questionable; however, personally I believe that God's plan is for me to follow the headship of the man I marry, and I know of things that other believers might not have a problem with that I do, and I would not want a husband who didn't have a problem with them because I am concerned it could mean that we were unequally yoked to an extent. I wouldn't necessarily post them all on my profile in a "don't bother to contact me if..." (most are covered by the checkbox categories, anyway), but for me they are legitimate issues of concern when considering who I am placing myself under the authority of, which wouldn't be a problem otherwise.

I think that if they were tactfully mentioned, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, when I see things that seem to be unusual or extreme, I figure that the person had a bad experience before and doesn't want to repeat it, because I have had situations that have made me want to avoid certain things in the past.

Page : 1 2