Author Thread: Ladies need security?
ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 03:11 PM

Well Ladies, I had one married man tell me (of his own conclusion.... so you know what that means...) that women want security.

i.e., my lifestyle is FULL of insecurity; I usually have no clue where my next paycheck is coming from. Often I have no idea where I'm sleeping the next night, I usually know where I'll be in the next couple of weeks, but not always.

Life is an adventure.

Now obviously a lot of that will change (has to change) were I to be married; but I'm wondering if you ladies could give me some insight into yourselves.

Is it true you need security? The idea of having a home is way more than just a place to call your own; it's a form of security. Does living the life of faith, and trusting the Lord to provide - but not having the foggiest clue where that'll be coming from - freak you out big time?

Obviously the life of faith is difficult for men too, but I'm wondering about this security thing.

Ian

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 04:54 PM

Well, the way I see it, man is suppose to be a covering for woman and if he doesn't even have one for himself, how in the world could he share.? I would be the type of woman who would want a man to be my covering. There are those that walk by faith and they are "called" of God. I guess it would be the type of man...Boaz, Yes! Paul, No! Boaz was meant to be a husband, Paul was meant to be a freelance evangelist. What are you meant to be? Just curious....It's all good...choices and all. :) P.S. Most women want security!

Robin

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 06:38 PM

For me, security has never been an issue. I suppose it's because I'm pretty independent and can support myself. I plan to continue working full-time after getting married so whatever income he's making plus mine should be plenty for two people. As for living in a house, I'm not so sure I even want that responsibility right away. I'd be content living in a small apartment. But . . . when we have kids, that's a whole other story . . . then we would need a house. However, I picture it as a partnership where we both share equally in the responsibility of providing security for ourselves and our family. So I suppose women are different - some really need assurance that the man will provide and some don't.

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 07:05 PM

personally ,

I would love to meet a man who is secure, but The one man that I man that I fell for head over heals a while back loved in his aunts basement. he did have a great job though and 3 wonderful kids. It was his gentle spirit, though, that made me fall for him. Too bad it didnt work, but he is one I will ALWAYS remember.

get what Im saying? or an I rambling?

k.ayn

ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 07:37 PM

thank you ladies - appreciate it.

Robin: I don't know yet what I'll be doing, and actually, a lot of that will depend on my bride. There's a lot of flexibility in what I do and my ministry - I was bringing that up more to provoke a response; thanks for your response.

And thanks prov; and thanks k - yup, I get what yer sayin'.

Ian

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 10:21 PM

freaks me out big time.but that is one of my short coming... i struggle with praying and listening and having faith with God's plans! so yes i like security, except i'm not looking to start a family, i expect to secure my own security since i am a professional woman. From the male profiles i have read, if they have financial security they are usually only interested in women who have their own "security".

Ian = thanks for asking provocative questions. :angeldevil:what does this icon mean?

ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 08:49 AM

I haven't got a CLUE what that icon means! haha! It's just part of the smiley collection - I dunno, I guess that's for when yer talking about someone you met on this site who appeared to be an angel at first, only to turn out to be possessed...

Ian

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 09:16 AM

My response was not meant to dig so I hope it wasn't interpreted as such...I have had men approach me as my being their meal ticket or covering. I am an independent woman. Had to be, but by no means rich...just hard working. It would be nice to know that there is someone out there willing to take care of me, for a change. I do believe that both should work together but feel the security is not only financial but also spiritually and emotionally... Anyway, it was a good thread.

:) Robin

tristan07

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 10:53 AM

Ian, I also think security has alot to do with the person individual perspective. My ex and I lived in a beautiful little town in a cute home my father owned for about almost 7 years. He let us live there rent free because I was working for him (forever) and that was one of the perks he gave me.

She kept saying it wasnt enough, that she needed something of HER OWN. And well, I thought ok, maybe this is whats missing in her.. who knows cause this is the woman i had unbeivable problems with.

So I had a ton of money saved anyway, so i went out, found a big ol house in the perfect little quiet town and bought it. That kept her happy for about 6 months, and now about 2 years later, shes gone anyway and lives with some pagan scum guy whos place is about the size of my garage.

Whoever you end up with will have to have this particular issue kinda tailor made to suit you as a help mate. You don't want a sugar momma, I assume.

I think we all have these mountains we think of in our lives that will discourage members of the opposite sex from taking us serious as a partner for marriage. I mean common... I have 5 kids... thats not exactly a BIG NEON SIGN thats going to attract alot of SANE women lol. SO i really didn't think I'd find one and have to sell a couple off the kids off to land a gal lol

YOu see what I mean though, the right person will BE the right person, and they are usualy as worried about you accpeting them for this quirks and such are you are...

:prayingm:

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 01:54 PM

Well, security, yes, but that doesn't mean settling down. I doubt the Lord would send his men to be missionaries and not a wife to share in that.

I'm not sure how I would do. Being on the road gives a chance to gain and spread knowledge. I wouldn't do it though if I had children though. When security is spoken of then, it is for their security.

ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 02:50 PM

Excellent replies everyone - even Alex, thanks. It seems Alex and I always wind up responding in the "Ask a girl" section! haha!

I appreciate the input.

Ian

Page : 1 2