Author Thread: Ladies need security?
ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 03:11 PM

Well Ladies, I had one married man tell me (of his own conclusion.... so you know what that means...) that women want security.

i.e., my lifestyle is FULL of insecurity; I usually have no clue where my next paycheck is coming from. Often I have no idea where I'm sleeping the next night, I usually know where I'll be in the next couple of weeks, but not always.

Life is an adventure.

Now obviously a lot of that will change (has to change) were I to be married; but I'm wondering if you ladies could give me some insight into yourselves.

Is it true you need security? The idea of having a home is way more than just a place to call your own; it's a form of security. Does living the life of faith, and trusting the Lord to provide - but not having the foggiest clue where that'll be coming from - freak you out big time?

Obviously the life of faith is difficult for men too, but I'm wondering about this security thing.

Ian

tristan07

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 03:50 PM

Don't know if that's good??? like wow were so sensitive! or bad... do they have dresses on right now...????

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 01:09 AM

This is actually a very interesting question... and one that's also hard to answer!

Since men and women were made so differently, I do believe that women IN GENERAL have a need for their spouses to provide security. That being said, there are many different types of security and what would be secure for one woman may not be for another. We are all individuals. Many women would find that if the relationship is stable and their is plenty of emotional security, then she will gladly forego other types of security, knowing that God is in control of all things. Some women have a need to feel secure in where they are living, etc. Is that need less important than any other need for security? No, it's simply a different form of it.

At the end of the day, while we obviously hope to find partners that fit our hopes and needs, we also have to realize that only God can meet those needs anyway and if we place all the responsibility for meeting our needs on our partner, the relationship not be healthy and, ultimately, it will fail. So even if you find yourself dating someone who may prefer a more concrete housing situation, don't necessarily write her off. God may be stretching her faith in this area, or he may be stretching yours.

ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 07:08 AM

Excellent comments purplepup (snicker snicker - sorry, it's pretty difficult to address someone by that name).

Thanks for the input.

Ian

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 12:54 PM

Sorry, I'm just a goofball at heart! :goofball:

I forgot to sign my name!

- Jenny

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 07:28 PM

Having faith in God is having security.

Philippians 4:19 (New International Version)

19And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now if your talking about insecure people.... "oh I don't like my belly", "I'm ugly" , whoa is me type people. Then YEAH! I will have to say, I need a secure man.

No one is perfect, and I am far from it. But if you love yourself, it makes it easier for others to love you.

:hearts:

ian777

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 08:13 PM

Interesting angle I never thought of Lisa; thanks for the input.

Ian

Lvstigers

View Profile
History
Ladies need security?
Posted : 26 Jun, 2009 12:55 AM

I'm all for the security of a great God Fearing man. I'm ready for a bit of TLC, I've taken care of everyone for a long time, not complaining, I love doing it for the most part :) but I'm definitely ready for some reciprocation. (is that a word?) lol.

I am secure in the Lord, have always been independent our of necessity. I think it would be wonderful to have a man that God has chosen, so I can be his help mate.

I think the security I would want as far as 'worldly' would be the ability and desire to provide and be responsible. These are things that were missing in my 1st marriage.

Maybe some day :)

oh and Ian...don't tell anyone...but you can call me Lora shhhh:laugh:

Page : 1 2