Author Thread: Prayer Request for family member
Admin

Prayer Request for family member
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 03:21 PM

Hey fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, I would just like to ask you if you could keep my grandmother in prayer. She has been diagnosed with esophagus cancer and she will start receiving treatment for it soon. I ask that you would pray for her faith and that she would remain strong throughout this ordeal. Pray that she would be able to beat this or receive healing from God. Also, I ask that you keep my family in prayer because they need guidance as well as strength in this situation. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 07:40 PM

Praying - that's rough.

Ian

gamegal

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 08:36 PM

I added your grandmom to my prayer list and will also pray for your family. This will be a very difficult time in all of your lives but trust God to do the best.

God bless you & yours,

Debi

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 08:57 PM

dear brutha, will do.. feel for you and your family ..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 02:28 PM

thank ya'll, I really appreicate it, god bless.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 04:12 PM

Absolutely I'll be praying for her. My mom has the exact same cancer. When they found her tumor it was a little larger than a golf ball and grew considerably in the month before she began treatment. She's now almost done with treatment (one bout with chemo left) and her doctor thinks she's going to beat it! Don't give up hope no matter what you see or what you're told (I'm not going to lie to you - it gets rough). Remember God is the one in control.

Also, there is a new (or sometimes additional) treatment to this cancer that is having a HUGE success rate. It's called cryogenic spray ablation. Here's the link to it at the Mayo clinic in Rochester, MN (although I know there are places all over the country doing it now - and the treatment is covered by medicare if you're wondering).

http://www.mayoclinic.org/esophageal-cancer/index.html?wt.srch=1&wt.mc_id=google&keyword=minnesota_esophageal_cancer_esophageal_cancer&campaign=mcr_thoracic_surgery&state=nebraska&kw=esophageal%20cancer&ad=840831808&Network=Search&SiteTarget=&gclid=CMjyuOT6mZsCFWRB5godO2YBpw

Yeah, it's a long link but takes you exactly where you need to be. Lol

Blessings and I'll keep her in my prayers!

Lynn

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 05:38 AM

Praying

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 07:37 PM

I believe all healing is divine and that it IS God's will for us to recieve healing.

There are 3 spirits that attack us when this kind of thing comes along: the spirit of fear, the spirit of doubt and the spirit of unbelief.

The next time you are with your grandmother, ask everyone in the room to gather around her and hold hands and pray.

You will feel the power of God.

You and your grandmother are in my prayers.

Sandy

Dayna389

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 12:23 PM

hi, my name is dayna. My grandma died about 5 months ago from cancer. I know its hard to see your grandmother go through this, but i have an encouragment.

When Jesus went to the cross He took the curse with him, and sickness, cancer, diseases etc are all part of that curse.

Your grandma was healed at the cross, by faith.

1 Peter 2:24 "who He himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteuosness; for by his wounds we WERE healed." past tense :) we were already healed when Christ died. It is we who allow the curse to come on us, we have the authority of Christ to rebuke it and everything that is part of it.

You may not see her healing in the physical, but spiritually. Always take Christs report, not the doctors. Have faith, brother in Christ. God Bless. Your grandmother is in my prayers as well as you and the rest of your family.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2009 08:01 AM

Thank ya'll it means alot. We'll keep focusing on what God says and not accept the physical report. Once again, I appreaciate the words of wisdom.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 06:07 PM

My Prayers go out to your family and your Grandma for healing...God is able...........and will hear your prayers...