Author Thread: "It's my body, I'll do with as I plaese..."
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
"It's my body, I'll do with as I plaese..."
Posted : 17 Apr, 2018 10:30 AM

You've probably heard that argument used in defense of moral choices that conflict with God's commands.

But is "your body" really yours? Well, lets see.

You didn't choose your genes. In other words, you didn't choose your hair color or your sex. You didn't get to choose your place of birth, the time of your birth or even who would be your parents. You won't even get to decide your length of life. You can't resist the stages of old age. Needless to say, there are so many things we can't choose for ourselves and I could go on and on. Obviously we have little say in so many ways. We can't always decide the time we rise each morning! So clearly your body is NOT yours. It's not your body because you did not make it! Your body belongs to the One Who made it. God owns your body **because** He made it. You are only a creature whose duty is obedience. You are not god of you! But the Bible says all of us have refused to obey. But God in his grace, has given us opportunity to repent of our rebellious refusals to obey. He graciously commands us to repent of our disobedience TODAY. God has a right to command us to repent because are the creatures he made. In as much as we might want to resist the idea of God owning us, we (our bodies and everything about us) are his property, we are **not** our own property. Yet we seize, for ourselves, what belongs only to God. We say things that cause God grief with a tongue that God made. We grieve God with hands and feet that God made. We think thoughts that grieve God with a mind that God made. But God continues to warn us to repent TODAY. No one has a right to procrastinate and too many people assume they have another day. But God decides our length of days, that's just another thing we can't decide. We don't decide how many days God has given us.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 May, 2018 09:05 AM

What I'm saying can be summed up like this. Everything we are, everything about us, everything we've accomplished belongs to God. This is because he made everything we own. Everything we've accomplished was obviously accomplished using God's resources. You can imagine how **evil** it is to use God's resources to do things against him. We are merely borrowers. We are only stewards, perhaps less than stewards. We own nothing, we made nothing and we are nothing outside the providence of God. So when God graciously **commands** us is to repent, he is acting in grace and great patience. Too many people think God is **asking** them to repent, in other words, they think they have an option. Worse yet, some people (unimaginably act like God thieves), they actually believe God asks for things belonging to them!! No, the truth is, **we** belong to God, it's time we repent of this evil and return what we've stolen

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 01:32 PM

I don't know about anybody else, but I was bought with a price, and my life is no longer my own. I surrendered all my rights at the foot of the Cross.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2018 05:03 PM

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 comes to mind here.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2018 06:51 PM

Really good points, the last 2 posters.

The creation of bodies was set in motion by God during creation week and are now sustained by his created resources.

Too many people think repentance means surrendering THEIR STUFF to God as if he were a theistic thief. The truth is, God is asking for what already belongs to him. But we seize God’s creation as if it were our own. We even conscript God’s resources to help us steal from him. Worse, we insult him further when we fail to neither recognize him as God our maker nor thank for his what he has made for us to enjoy. Rather we proudly believe it all belongs to us!

We commanded to surrender everything to God because we are the thief and at war with him.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2019 01:39 PM

I think Christians should get into the Word of God and there would be less questions, if they study. Scriptures.

juzif

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2021 01:01 AM

in the words of Dave Chapelle, if you have the right to kill the baby have the right to abandon the baby my money my choice. OR WE ARE BOTH WRONG.