Author Thread: Personality
Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 18 Apr, 2018 04:21 PM

How important do you think is personality in finding a mate? If you consider it important, how do you gauge compatibility by this method, which is basically just messaging (plain writing) in the beginning.

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 18 Apr, 2018 05:05 PM

For me, character is of higher importance than personality. On this site, where contact is by email/messaging, it can be difficult to discern character. So many men seem to write short messages! "Hi there" "How are you today?" "How is your day going?" It takes discernment and patience to find out who is a true Christian.

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 18 Apr, 2018 08:56 PM

Hahaha! So true... Unless they open up, it is all shallow chatter. So the next question is, how do you make them open up? Or, do you even waste time with a guy who cannot open up since WORDS are all we've got going in this method of online dating? 😇

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Personality

Hahaha! So true... Unless they open up, it is all shallow chatter. So the next question is, how do you make them open up? Or, do you even waste time with a guy who cannot open up since WORDS are all we've got going in this method of online dating? 😇

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Personality

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 19 Apr, 2018 02:37 AM

I think personality is very important, you have to be able to strike up a reasonable conversation with a complete stranger through this medium.

Not the pointless "hi how are you" conversations, and if you don't have the ability you have less chance of building a rapport, and moving into the meeting in person phase.

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 19 Apr, 2018 06:52 AM

It is basically a Q & A type of conversation, correct? I am one who likes the man to lead so if he is not able to get passed the hi, how are you, and have a good day, the conversation usually leads to its natural death!

johnhart

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 19 Apr, 2018 08:08 AM

hmmm, personality, weakness is found sometimes in us as christians, might be anger, but anger is not much bad if sin is not in place ephesian 4:26 but when you have the friut of the spirit such as temperance, or self control to leave with such a partner,

johnhart

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 19 Apr, 2018 08:12 AM

another is lack of humility,kindness,tender or soft hearted, ephesians4:31-32, i think if but partners have this in a christian relationship, then we all will agree to what GOD said, i hate divorce.

johnhart

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 19 Apr, 2018 08:18 AM

, so let not talk only on others weakness but check ours, too. greetings beloved christians, my first time in chat room, i guess its peaceful though

View Profile
History
Personality
Posted : 19 Apr, 2018 05:35 PM

@Obedience: I don't pretend to have all the answers to getting guys to open up and have a conversation. It is not easy -- either for the guy, or for us as ladies. I did tell a man recently that he would have to reply with more than a few words when I asked a question if he wanted to keep the conversation going. I was nice about it - and he responded by giving me more details, which helped a lot. I try to keep any exchange not always a question and answer firing back and forth, but sharing a bit also. About myself, but also about my faith, about how God worked in me that day, or something about my daily Bible reading, etc. That way it feels less like an interview and more like a conversation.

Page : 1 2