Author Thread: Dresses and Skirts
NoahW

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 12 May, 2018 12:19 PM

Do you wear skirts and dresses? Sometimes, all the time? Why or why not?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 12 May, 2018 01:22 PM

I wear skirts sometimes and dresses very rarely. I tend to dress to feel comfortable and and to suit my mood. More often than not it's jeans and a top.

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 12 May, 2018 05:09 PM

Yes, I do. Either one. Almost always to church, since I can dress casually at work. I do like to wear them.

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 14 May, 2018 12:03 AM

It's nice and feminine to wear skirts & dresses, but incredibly difficult to find them in the shops especially if you're trying to find them long enough, because shops stock what is in fashion and normally that means very short. It would be impossible for me to make my own clothes for various reasons. It can be practical and warm to wear jeans etc. and most importantly it can be very hurtful to judge one another about this and I'm certain God does not want us in bondage over it ourselves. I would not want to stumble a brother by what I wear but he also has a responsibility to walk in the love of Yeshua to all women whatever they are wearing. It's good for women to look different to men with their clothing because the Bible says for women to not wear men's clothes and the world' culture wants to get everyone doing the opposite of what Yah says because the Bible says that Satan is the God of this world and it's plain to see his influence everywhere. This question has made me think that it would be nice to give it more time in my life to consider dressing in a more feminine way-it's easier to find skirts and dresses in Summer. I do try to wear skirts but if I'm busy it's so practical to quickly put jeans on that are comfy and very practical. It's a good question to ask, and I will ask one back

When women wear women's jeans or trousers are they really wearing men's clothing? I, personally don't think Yah wants us bound up in law keeping about this and if we consider others when we dress but always remembering that He loves us then maybe that's the balance. Sure is nice to wear a skirt or dress though

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 14 May, 2018 12:05 AM

It's nice and feminine to wear skirts & dresses, but incredibly difficult to find them in the shops especially if you're trying to find them long enough, because shops stock what is in fashion and normally that means very short. It would be impossible for me to make my own clothes for various reasons. It can be practical and warm to wear jeans etc. and most importantly it can be very hurtful to judge one another about this and I'm certain God does not want us in bondage over it ourselves. I would not want to stumble a brother by what I wear but he also has a responsibility to walk in the love of Yeshua to all women whatever they are wearing. It's good for women to look different to men with their clothing because the Bible says for women to not wear men's clothes and the world' culture wants to get everyone doing the opposite of what Yah says because the Bible says that Satan is the God of this world and it's plain to see his influence everywhere. This question has made me think that it would be nice to give it more time in my life to consider dressing in a more feminine way-it's easier to find skirts and dresses in Summer. I do try to wear skirts but if I'm busy it's so practical to quickly put jeans on that are comfy and very practical. It's a good question to ask, and I will ask one back

When women wear women's jeans or trousers are they really wearing men's clothing? I, personally don't think Yah wants us bound up in law keeping about this and if we consider others when we dress but always remembering that He loves us then maybe that's the balance. Sure is nice to wear a skirt or dress though

EmilyH54

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 21 May, 2018 05:31 PM

Yes, I wear dresses and skirts some of the time. It feels nice to wear them at times. They can be very flattering and I feel pretty when I have a great dress on. Also, putting a dress and shoes on takes less effort than trying to coordinate an outfit with multiple pieces.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 13 Aug, 2018 04:46 PM

Sometimes I wear skirts or dresses depends on where I am going and what I am doing ! I like dressing casual in jeans. Especially when I go out to breakfast or lunch or get together with Christian friends. It's Not a sin for Women to wear jeans/pants. That is a misunderstanding of scripture.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 13 Aug, 2018 04:51 PM

My faith is in Jesus Christ alone. If I dress modestly, then I am dressed appropriately. Women's dress can be too shot, tight, or half the material needed. to be modest.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Dresses and Skirts
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 09:20 AM

I don't know your intention of asking this question. Some have asked because they are of the opinion that ladies should only wear them and others have asked to ascertain if the lady doesn't just wear them.

The Biblical mandate was female/male distinction. In Biblical times, the differences in clothes were undergarments. So the distinction comes from the culture. I have lived and know of other cultures where the prostitutes are the ones who wear dresses and proper ladies wear pants and jeans for protection. In places in India the neck of a lady would be immodest, but not showing the belly. Culture dictates in part dress.

I enjoy and feel feminine in a dress, but when I'm hauling 2x4's up to the roof, jeans are more modest.