Author Thread: Why do Christians do this?
tessa330

View Profile
History
Why do Christians do this?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 01:42 PM

I didn't know where to post this, so I guess this will do!

I have hear the voice of God audibly since before I got saved!

I don't know why He chose to speak to me this way and He doesn't do it on demand He does so when He chooses!

But I have had other Christians say that maybe it wasn't His voice, that it may have even been the voice of satan!

This really bothered me so I asked Him about it and He said, " My sheep know my voice"!

I was responding to a question on another Christian forum the other day, a young pastor fresh out of school posted a question about the Holy Spirit, saying he did not understand the Trinity!

Some people responed very unkindly and said that if he was annointed he should know the answer!

I responed by defending him and telling him what God had told me about this.

This is how he explained it to me telling me this was how I could better understand that, God was three yet one!

He said that like him we had three parts, mind ,body and spirit.

The father was mind/soul, the Son was body/flesh, and the Holy Spirit was Spirit/life force.

After that another person posted that, this was not true!

That two people met mother, father and begat child, three, yet one!

So I responed that if that was true then Mary, Joesph and Jesus were one and I was accused of twisting her words!

Any thoughts on this?:excited:

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 04:01 PM

Dear Tessa,

This is a very "touchy" subject with some. It is these kind of disagreements that cause denominations to be born.

I will tell you my personal experience,but this has to be worked out for oneself.

I know some very good people who are well grounded in their faith, some believe that Jesus is God, some believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost or The Trinity.

On one hand I have heard-three part being- three works of grace( saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost).

On the other hand, God manifest in the flesh, "I and my Father are one", "You've seen me, you've seen the Father".

It is OK to have a different opinion. We must agree to disagree.

Love is the key to unlocking the doors that cause us to be separated. If someone vehemently disagrees, and wants to begin arguing, back off, especially when you feel that "rise" in your spirit.

Now, all that said, here goes,

I was a baby christian and didn't know much about God's Word at all. I struggled for a while with the issue at hand and prayed for understanding. I, too, believe that God speaks to my heart, (Some say they hear an audible voice, I personally do not). I began to search the scriptures for the answer and I found where Abraham sent his servant to obtain a bride for his son Issac.

I believe the scripture was opened to me like this, Abraham(The Father) sent his servant (The Holy Ghost) to obtain a bride(us) for his son Issac (Jesus). In this passage of scripture the servants name is not mentioned. (I know from studying that his name was Eliezer). The Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, does not speak of himself, He comes to do the will of the Father.

Therefore I believe in The Trinity with believers being the bride.

God Bless, Sandy

tessa330

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 09:14 PM

Awesome Sandy thanks and you are right we shouldn't argue, so I'am going to apoligize to this person for my own peace of mind.:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 07:10 PM

God bless you slj3!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 09:01 PM

dear tessa, lady it takes a mighty big person to do that.. youre alright there..

ole cattle

Boazsruth

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 09:34 PM

not trying to tell you what to do but telling people that God speaks to you in an audible voice may not be any of their business. Joseph told his dreams to his brothers and his father about them bowing down to him. Now these dreams were from God but when you read the scripture Joseph said behold I dreamed a dream...but when we listen to him after he has been in prison 13 years and is asked to explain the dreams of the baker and cup bearer and later Pharaoh, he becomes humble and says dont all dreams come from God?

Sometimes it makes us sound prideful. I am not saying you are. I am just saying yes God speaks to you but maybe that is a precious secretive sound only to be held between you and your daddy, your abba father.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jun, 2009 10:38 PM

Tessa, I read your post earlier today. I wanted time to think. What you did is use this other persons logic and applying it to a situation she wasn't expecting - which made her logic fall apart, and she didn't like that.

I know how that feels, it happens to me everytime when I turn people's own logic back at them.

Take care.

[S]

Rosebar99

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 08:21 AM

I explain the trinity (3 in 1) like this.

It's just like water... Water can be Solid, Liquid, or a Gas... Yet it is still water- but 3 different things...

Same with the trinity... The same yet different...

- God the Father

-God the Son

-God the Holy Spirit

I don't think our fleshly minds can quite comprehend it. But it is.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 04:59 PM

dear rose,,, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle