Author Thread: Would you live like this?
ian777

View Profile
History
Would you live like this?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 06:20 PM

Okay Ladies, I know everyone is differnt, but I want to get a spread of answers here - so all answers are welcome.

For the first couple of years of marriage, would you mind living in a motorhome?

The reason I ask, is the next phase of what I'm doing is to build my traveling museum into two tractor trailers. One of those trailers will have living quarters in the front, so it will be very much like living in a motorhome - only stationary for weeks at a time. Very comfortable; heat, gas stove, microwave, TV, fridge, shower, washer/dryer, INTERNET (I get grumpy when I don't have internet), etc...

It'll be small, but surprisingly spacious with the slide-outs. Probably 20' X 16'?

Also, we would wind up home for leave at least several weeks at a time every few months.

There's advantages: You get to travel lots and yet, never be far from "home."

You get to see some of the most spectacular scenery within a short drive, and the view out of your living room window changes and can be quite spectacular.

small quarters means easy cleaning

You're always snuggling close to each other cause it's tight quarters. :glow:

Disadvantages: Mail is difficult to get, and close friends tend to be far away (although you wind up with a LOT of new friends scattered all over).

Not much space for "stuff"

You're always snuggling close to each other cause it's tight quarters. :glow:

Yes, there can be room for children designed into it all - obviously the kids would have to be home-schooled.

What's your thoughts on such a scenario? Would you do it? Do you see any pros/cons?

HOW ON EARTH CAN I EXPLAIN THIS TO MY POTENTIAL MATE AND MAKE IT SOUND LIKE SOMETHING SHE'D WANNA DO???

Hey thanks eh,

Ian

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 06:32 PM

Well, one caveat - I would do this if I married a musician and the mobile home is part of his work - tours.

slj3_1

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 08:48 PM

Ian,

I traveled with my late husband quite a bit. We stayed in motels tho. He always got a place where I could shop or take walks because I had to spend the day alone. We would explore and find great restaurants in the evenings. It was all great fun and I really enjoyed it. We did have a home to come to on weekends.

You're gonna meet a young lady someday who will follow you anywhere and live in anything.

God Bless, Sandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jun, 2009 12:45 AM

I would live in a motor home and travel, if I had an opportunity to.

My ex and I had a Class C that we took to Myrtle Beach one summer...we were parked half a block from the beach and had a great time! Our dream was to eventually take it on the road, stop in a place we wanted to visit for a few months and earn some money while we were there, then pack up and travel to another place and do the same thing all over again until we had been all over the America. Unfortunately, we sold the motor home because the upkeep was too expensive for us.

However, there are several people that I know where I live now that are living that dream and loving it. I definitely believe that it would be a possibility for you and the woman that GOD gave to you! Just keep believing...

Sincerely, Roxy : )

Page : 1 2