Author Thread: Would you live like this?
ian777

View Profile
History
Would you live like this?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 06:20 PM

Okay Ladies, I know everyone is differnt, but I want to get a spread of answers here - so all answers are welcome.

For the first couple of years of marriage, would you mind living in a motorhome?

The reason I ask, is the next phase of what I'm doing is to build my traveling museum into two tractor trailers. One of those trailers will have living quarters in the front, so it will be very much like living in a motorhome - only stationary for weeks at a time. Very comfortable; heat, gas stove, microwave, TV, fridge, shower, washer/dryer, INTERNET (I get grumpy when I don't have internet), etc...

It'll be small, but surprisingly spacious with the slide-outs. Probably 20' X 16'?

Also, we would wind up home for leave at least several weeks at a time every few months.

There's advantages: You get to travel lots and yet, never be far from "home."

You get to see some of the most spectacular scenery within a short drive, and the view out of your living room window changes and can be quite spectacular.

small quarters means easy cleaning

You're always snuggling close to each other cause it's tight quarters. :glow:

Disadvantages: Mail is difficult to get, and close friends tend to be far away (although you wind up with a LOT of new friends scattered all over).

Not much space for "stuff"

You're always snuggling close to each other cause it's tight quarters. :glow:

Yes, there can be room for children designed into it all - obviously the kids would have to be home-schooled.

What's your thoughts on such a scenario? Would you do it? Do you see any pros/cons?

HOW ON EARTH CAN I EXPLAIN THIS TO MY POTENTIAL MATE AND MAKE IT SOUND LIKE SOMETHING SHE'D WANNA DO???

Hey thanks eh,

Ian

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 06:54 PM

Well, for me I don't think I would have a problem with it as I like to travel just don't get to it much, but, hey, I'm still young so I have plenty of time.

I think if its told just like you said it/wrote it...it would make it rather appealing. At least any gal would know what you'd want.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 07:00 PM

Hate to sound like a cliche, however, it really depends on the woman you meet. If you both have a true connection to one another and common ground, there probably wouldn't be a problem.

But if homegirl is into "material" things, cut her loose and keep on - keepin on, till ya meet the girl God has for ya. You'll know THAT YOU KNOW. In my humble opinion.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 07:58 PM

it sounds to me like U explained it pretty good it is enough to tell me the situation I have the choice to be in or not.

I seen (read) honesty in the explaination, you did well..good job....

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 08:48 PM

dear ian, dear friend the right woman will love you and follow you to the ends of the earth and back.. and the wrong woman wont love you enuff to follow you up the steps hehe just lay it out just like you told it here.. thats plain and simple..

ole cattle

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 09:17 PM

hey Ian

it sounds like fun

k.ayn

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 09:11 AM

Do you tow a car behind it too? what do you do for simple transportation? Bike? Riding SHeep? jet packs?

Deffinately going to have a tailor made gal for all that my freind.

desipe

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 09:49 AM

hello ian :waving:

i can only speak for myself and yes it sounds very cool and adventurous but from mondays to fridays i have a job that pays my bills! and no, i�m not nearly in the stage of drawing retirement benefits and living at the expense of others is definitely not my style. like i said i can only speak for myself others have other opinions!!!

diana

ian777

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 10:04 AM

Thanks for the input everyone;

Thanks for the K.

Alex - yes, a small car gets loaded into the trailers while the museum is being moved. This serves as transportation for whoever is running the museum.

And thanks Diana; whoever is living in the trailer is the one running the museum, which is what pays the bills. I know it sounds backwards, but it will be a "for profit" museum. Things are getting WAY out of hand up here in Canada with regards to charities, so if it's "for profit" then I can essentially do whatever I want, and the guvmint has no say in the matter. The guvmint has been closing down charities right left and center for ludicrous things; including daring to suggest that another religion may be wrong.

Anyway, that was an angle I hadn't mentioned; the finances. While I'm not opposed to having a working wife, she shouldn't feel that she has to. And if she works, it would probably be in helping run the museum, though I'm designing it all so that it can be set up and run by one person.

Anyway - nuff for now - keep the opinions comin'

Ian

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 11:23 AM

I don't think I would mind it at all for a while. I've moved around seven--eight--nine times, several times into smaller rooms or rooms with two other people, so the idea of cutting out junk doesn't seem so heartbreaking anymore. Once upon a time, I would have really be upset about leaving behind all I know, but not so much now. I'd still be hoping that it would only last three years though.

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 06:31 PM

I think this will suit a girl who loves adventure.

I personally wont live like this. Not becos of materialism, but because I like stability and not the typical mobile home kiddo.

Page : 1 2