Author Thread: Woman's initiative
Admin

Woman's initiative
Posted : 8 Aug, 2018 09:44 PM

I am looking for counsel to the guys...its been a while since I attempted to date, especially online dating, but how is a a woman perceived when they take the initiative by sending a wink or email?

I'll be honest, when I have tried, I feel like I don't get taken seriously or too upfront...so I have let that go and just letting guys contact me instead...

Would you please let me know? I understand not everyone is lookin for long distance relationships but I'm giving it some thought.

Your sincere and kind feedback would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 14 Aug, 2018 10:40 PM

:thumbsup:

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 15 Aug, 2018 10:07 AM

Jayzeee wrote, "I don't know how you can tell if a person is what your looking for based on a photo and a profile alone."

It's pretty simple. First of all, I am looking for someone who lives in the USA. If their profile says they live in China or Australia, puff. I'm Not interested! I am looking for someone who is never married. If their profile says "Divorced," then again, I am Not interested. I am looking for someone who is between 20 and 30 years of age, so if I see someone who is 56 years old, then again, I am Not interested. See how easy this is?

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 17 Aug, 2018 03:49 PM

Winks are nice but sometimes the ladies are so quiet it becomes awkward really fast. I mean, if you're sending me a wink but then don't really have anything to talk about, then that's just kind of shallow, I think.

Don't mean no disrespect ladies, I appreciate the winks!

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 18 Aug, 2018 06:40 AM

AnnaMX, if you believe dating is a means to finding and evaluating a potential husband, it would be prudent for you to follow after the pattern that would serve you well in marriage. The husband is the head; the initiator and the leader, therefore the same principle should be applied to dating.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 18 Aug, 2018 01:44 PM

I have to say I disagree I think that anyone can initiate a conversation because at this stage that's all it is. A relationship is a partnership where each person has their role, not a dictatorship where the woman blindly follows the man even if he's leading her straight into a ditch.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 18 Aug, 2018 03:17 PM

I don't disagree with you nearly as much. Be that as it may, I scarcely meant that a woman should not speak unless spoken to. If it were not a woman's place to initiate conversation, the interactions on this thread might never have transpired. My assertion was in the context of dating; the man gaining the woman's respect by stepping up and confidently taking the lead from the get go.

In marriage, the wife should yield to the authority of her husband as he should yield to the authority of Christ. Not something aggressively enforced, but something willingly given, an act of love and respect. Such a way may not be pertinent to the unbelieving but blindness and the ditch will be their lot.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 19 Aug, 2018 01:00 AM

I understand what you mean and I agree with you 100%, that is exactly the type of man I'd like to meet, one who would step up confidently in his God given role.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 19 Aug, 2018 01:35 PM

Keep looking to the one who can bring you together.

Such men would be two a penny if all followed after the simplicity that is in Christ. There's a lot of elaborate nonsense on here, causing confusion and other disagreeable offshoots.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 23 Aug, 2018 01:53 PM

Not sure about winks but I've had no problem speaking to plenty of women that sent me a message.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 24 Aug, 2018 10:53 PM

Hello AnnaMX. I don't see any problem with it.

Page : 1 2 3